Few Suggestions

Started by BeanusMaximus, May 02, 2015, 04:20:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BeanusMaximus

Just a few quick suggestions.

Firstly for Trading. It would be really handy if the Silver row always stayed at the top. For example if a Bulk Goods Trader comes along and you're trading loads of stuff and trying to get something for the value with something at the bottom of the list you currently have to keep scrolling to the top to see if you've overshot the amount you have in silver.

Secondly for de constructing. It may be just me doing this but on many occasions when deconstructing a room, the room collapses killing the colonists deconstructing it. It would be handy if they deconstruct the roof first to prevent this.

Adamiks

lone colonist

Set no roof zone before deconstruct any room, problem solved.

BeanusMaximus

Quote from: lone colonist on May 02, 2015, 05:53:29 AM
Set no roof zone before deconstruct any room, problem solved.
That is an alternative but still, shouldn't really have to do that

rexx1888

yeah the whole "hah you forgot to no roof that room so now ppl die" thing is kinda shitty. Those colonists are literally under that roof, of course theyre gonna be all like "hey joe, lets take the roof down afore we take the supports out" where as i, the player, cant even see the damn roof :\

Kegereneku

I agree with the first, but not the second.

I use myself the way the wall stay in place to build storage-room with no door. In fact I would like to be able to build roof (and greenhouse) without needing to build/cancel door or play with no-roof region.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Kaballah

First one would be great, I don't have a big opinion either way about the 2nd (what if you're underground and do this).

BeanusMaximus

Quote from: Kaballah on May 02, 2015, 08:38:43 AM
First one would be great, I don't have a big opinion either way about the 2nd (what if you're underground and do this).
Valid point there I guess, if you're underground/in a cave though the roof would likely stay up because there are other blocks around it as part of the cave which would still "hold" the roof? So as a result it shouldn't collapse whereas rooms outside have nothing else other that the walls to support it