Frostbite ridden

Started by tylers2001, May 04, 2015, 07:04:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tylers2001

So as i am playing in the early game there is a cold snap and my people start to get hypothermia. So i start thinking to myself "A storm cellar". Now obviously there is only one layer to the game but what i did was i made a secluded room in my base and put 6 heaters in the room. The room was 5 by 5 so there was enough room to keep about 5 colonists in this room at a time. Just a small idea that i wanted to say to you guys and a tip.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Regret

Quote from: tylers2001 on May 04, 2015, 07:04:03 PM
So as i am playing in the early game there is a cold snap and my people start to get hypothermia. So i start thinking to myself "A storm cellar". Now obviously there is only one layer to the game but what i did was i made a secluded room in my base and put 6 heaters in the room. The room was 5 by 5 so there was enough room to keep about 5 colonists in this room at a time. Just a small idea that i wanted to say to you guys and a tip.
6 heaters? that is a bit much. a 5x5 would only need 1 I think.
You'll need double walls though to keep in the heat.

tylers2001

Thats the thing though it is double walls but with one heater the temperatures can get down to like -40C and the inside with one heater gets up to around -20C so i went overboard just in case it gets even lower some how.
There is a difference between me and you. I'm the one still standing.

Toggle

How big is your base though? Double walls for it, put those six heaters in various places, I woulda thought it would heat you enough. Plus, it would probably be more beneficial in the long run to try and make some parkas instead of having people sit in a heated room.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.