Visitor Beds, Stockpiles & Recruitment

Started by Tiolas, May 05, 2015, 07:00:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiolas

Curious about people's thoughts on this.

Basically:

• Able to harbour visitors to your colony in colony-built (or assigned) beds.

• Able to place a stockpile and dictate whether visitors can have access to it.

• New Random Event. Have a visitor make an offer to join colony. Unlike having some random person join, they come to your colony and you can choose whether they join or be refused entry. *Alternatively, visitor(s) may pledge their interest on joining a colony if they are happy enough.

*Could also be possible to have an interaction option with selected visitors for colonists to 'Try and Recruit'. This could cause a slight decrease in faction relations every time it is undertaken by a Social/Wardening colonist.

TLHeart

yes more interaction with the visitors is needed.  An inn to put them up at would be great, or invite them into your saloon, to drink a few.... feed them, which all influence their opinion of you.

They offer to join, slightly angers their leader if you accept.

You recruit, angers their leader more,

you arrest, hostile relations that can be repaired.

amul

I'd love to see more interactions with the other factions in a non-violent way.

Kegereneku

My take on this is we could use a pawn-class called "Guest", similar to Prisoner.

My suggestion here

It would fill the blank in this (self-made) relation (inter-faction) table.

[Not-staying]        [Staying]
Friendly        visitor        Colonist
Neutral        visitor        <??????>
Enemy        attacking/fleeing        Prisoner
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

LanMc

Quote from: Tiolas on May 05, 2015, 07:00:44 AM
Curious about people's thoughts on this.

Basically:

• Able to harbour visitors to your colony in colony-built (or assigned) beds.

• Able to place a stockpile and dictate whether visitors can have access to it.

• New Random Event. Have a visitor make an offer to join colony. Unlike having some random person join, they come to your colony and you can choose whether they join or be refused entry. *Alternatively, visitor(s) may pledge their interest on joining a colony if they are happy enough.

*Could also be possible to have an interaction option with selected visitors for colonists to 'Try and Recruit'. This could cause a slight decrease in faction relations every time it is undertaken by a Social/Wardening colonist.

I love, love, love these ideas!!!!

Lan
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

Master Bucketsmith

+1

My take;

Having their stay at your base affect individuals joining and factions stance toward you, based on how comfortable and beautiful their staying area is.
This would put more thought into your base layout. You'll have to think about whether or not you are going to facilitate this for the benefits. :)

I'd love just a general option to see whether or not I'd like a colonist to join my colony, too.

Milso

Would love to see a hotel/shop style setup where visitors pay you silver for beds/food/items

ctgill

It would be quite handy as a way to slowly increase relations with tribes.
Yes. Yes, this is a fertile land, and we will thrive. We will rule over all this land, and we will call it... "This Land.".