I'm thinking reruns of Cowboy Bebop.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

Kegereneku

Quote from: Cimanyd on May 05, 2015, 09:53:24 PM
Quote from: Tynan on May 05, 2015, 07:59:23 PM
Or there's some crazy coot running a TV station somewhere on the wasteland.

Now I want my colony to be able to broadcast TV. Pirates would stop attacking; why would they want to destroy one of the only sources of entertainment on the rimworld?

Eh, one of my idea for the Communication console involve the (still unused) trait "Famous person" and "Fan", broadcasting.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

EscapeZeppelin

Now I want my colony to be able to broadcast TV. Pirates would stop attacking; why would they want to destroy one of the only sources of entertainment on the rimworld?

You could buy a camera and transmitter from traders and make "acting" a source of joy. Your colony becomes a studio for c-list soap operas broadcast over the endless wasteland.

Rahjital

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on May 06, 2015, 11:30:46 AM

You could buy a camera and transmitter from traders and make "acting" a source of joy. Your colony becomes a studio for c-list soap operas broadcast over the endless wasteland.

Turns out, that's what psychic waves are.

userfredle

Quote from: vagineer1 on May 06, 2015, 03:42:43 AM
I'm thinking reruns of Cowboy Bebop.

Under rated post, Both follow the same sci fi rules

Frankenbeasley

Unfortunately for my colonists, they only get to watch endless reruns of Lost, Gilligan's Island, Lost in Space, and, if they've been bad, I'm A Celebrity...
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

ascdren

I had a little look and seems that the only channel my colonists can get is 'Dave' so endless repeats of topgear and QI

keylocke

i haven't actually seen my colonists watch tv.

i placed mine in front of sofa seats arranged in a "U" pattern in front of it, but i didn't see them actually use it. i also placed one in my prison room and the prisoners ignore it as well.

they seem to prefer other activities like billiards and chess more. strange

-this was on 10c
-yes, the tv has power.
-yes, the tv is accessible.

i just assume they're watching but not paying much attention. like how i watch tv while i'm on the computer. lel.

longbyte1

Quote from: Kegereneku on May 06, 2015, 05:46:51 AM

Eh, one of my idea for the Communication console involve the (still unused) trait "Famous person" and "Fan", broadcasting.

If your colonists had a channel, your enemies would call it state media and raid your TV station.

Kegereneku

Quote from: longbyte1 on May 07, 2015, 08:18:03 PM
If your colonists had a channel, your enemies would call it state media and raid your TV station.

Considering the various ending I would like to see become true, this would make me happy.

"People of the Rimworld ! Now the time is not to fight, but to become friend ! How long have we been fighting amongst yourself although we have everything to win from helping each other ! Pirates are a threat to everyone of us, join us in ...."

Relation with all faction except pirate raise by 100%
All Pirate group are massively attacking immediately
All allied faction are coming to help immediately

Epic Music Start Playing
** ensue the most epic battle you will ever see, marking the beginning of a new Era **

...then the game End.
and you start a new game where you'll exterminate all non-believer.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

vagineer1

Quote from: Kegereneku on May 08, 2015, 02:50:09 AM
Quote from: longbyte1 on May 07, 2015, 08:18:03 PM

Considering the various ending I would like to see become true, this would make me happy.

"People of the Rimworld ! Now the time is not to fight, but to become friend ! How long have we been fighting amongst yourself although we have everything to win from helping each other ! Pirates are a threat to everyone of us, join us in ...."

Relation with all faction except pirate raise by 100%
All Pirate group are massively attacking immediately
All allied faction are coming to help immediately

** ensue the most epic battle you will ever see, marking the beginning of a new Era **

...then the game End.
and you start a new game where you'll exterminate all non-believer.

Put a bit of western style showdown music in that and that would be (Pardon my language) fucking glorious.
You see this tank?

This tank is the epitome of "I'm going to destroy you"

This tank can make Chuck norris cry.

All hail the Takemikazuchi.

StorymasterQ

Eh, they get replays of Let's Players playing Rimworld.
I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here