T-shirts are not T-shirts

Started by TLHeart, May 05, 2015, 06:45:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TitaniumTurtle

Quote from: JonoRig on May 07, 2015, 09:18:24 AM
What are slacks?

Slacks is the word for dress pants, like the kind you wear to church or a wedding.

TLHeart

and with further thought, what do you call the garment that covers the torso, and the neck, but not the shoulders and arms, it is not a t-shirt, and it is definitely not a tank top, as a tank top provides no coverage of the neck.

a sleeveless shirt?

a bare shoulders shirt?

TitaniumTurtle

What do you mean cover of the neck? Is it like a collared shirt without sleeves? Are you going to make chip and dales's in space? If you mean just like a t-shirt with no sleeves then I would probably just call it a sleeveless shirt, or a tank top anyway.

TLHeart

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on May 07, 2015, 03:03:01 PM
What do you mean cover of the neck? Is it like a collared shirt without sleeves? Are you going to make chip and dales's in space? If you mean just like a t-shirt with no sleeves then I would probably just call it a sleeveless shirt, or a tank top anyway.

go and read what the t-shirt protects, it protects the torso and neck...

the button down shirt protects the torso, neck, shoulders, and arms.

JonoRig

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on May 07, 2015, 02:48:59 PM
Quote from: JonoRig on May 07, 2015, 09:18:24 AM
What are slacks?

Slacks is the word for dress pants, like the kind you wear to church or a wedding.

Suit Trousers? and the very few occasions ive been forced into a church, i use to wear jeans, or, more often, school trousers

TitaniumTurtle

You know I need to talk to more British people. Its fun finding out what things are different on the other side of the world...

skullywag

So americans, we have suit trousers and when we wear the whole ensemble its a suit. If you guys wear dress pants.....;)
Skullywag modded to death.
I'd never met an iterator I liked....until Zhentar saved me.
Why Unity5, WHY do you forsake me?

TitaniumTurtle

Very funny. Sometimes we call them suit pants too, but only if we have a suit to go with them. If its just the pants then it depends on what youre wearing it for usually. Dress pants or slacks are just kind of general terms, but a lot of people will use church pants too, or school pants if you have a uniform (not so common in the US). What you guys call pants we call underwear, although girls underwear is still called panties.

Frankenbeasley

How about just renaming them to 'leggings' or 'legwear'? Since you can't actually see them, both terms could cover any variety of lower garments you'd care to imagine: chaps, chinos, jeans, greaves, kilts, shorts, flares, purple velvet loon pants...
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams

TitaniumTurtle

maybe he should add multiple types of leg wear that have different affects. I dont know about you, but I prefer pants over shorts when its 40 degrees F (4.4 C) outside. Or maybe there should be formal and informal variants of all clothing. The formal could have a boost to any communication related traits as well as sell for much more, but obviously costs more to produce.

StorymasterQ

I like how this game can result in quotes that would be quite unnerving when said in public, out of context. - Myself

The dubious quotes list is now public. See it here

Adamiks

T-Shirts protects only torso and neck? :O Life complete.