Spoilers feature in the forum

Started by Mikhail Reign, May 06, 2015, 03:34:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikhail Reign

Unless I'm being completely daft and have missed it, I'm under the impression that we cant use the Spoilers feature in the forum. For those of you unfamiliar with it, it basically lets you put a block of text in a table that can be hidden. Its commonly used to compressed large blocks of text, or information that might be relevant to the post, but not essential reading - examples being quotes, a group of images or data graphs.

If the feature actually isn't available, is there any change we could get it added to the forum?

Coenmcj

It's not included in this rendition of the SMF system But it can be done to an extent with the code tags I think. (They have a scroll bar if They get long enough?)
Moderator on discord.gg/rimworld come join us! We don't bite

Tynan

I have a few things I wish I had time to do to the forum

-UTF-8 encoding for other languages
-Spoilers

But it's tough to find the time... :(
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Mikhail Reign

Obviously its not a immediate requirement - lol I mean its a minor forum update, I hardly expect it to be a priority!

Its just that this game, well it has a tendency to inspire some large posts (the posts about crop yield vs grow times/clothes degradation rates/weapon comparisons complete with graphs, some of the mod pages, people including stories about their colonies, tangent conversations) so its one that I feel would particularly benefit from the feature.

So yeah if/whenever you get time for it, it would be a welcome addition.

Negocromn

+1

would stop feeling guilty about posting images here