[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SpaceDorf

Hey .. cool you just mentioned Salt .. my first question to this giant mood would be : where does Salt come from ? It is not mentioned on the first post ... only as ingredient.
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Salt is a mineral you can mine at the map. It is that common like iron ore.
Ofcouse some trader sell it too.

SpaceDorf

JABBA2000

Any chance you can add sweet potatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, papers and pears. It will be cool to see even more fruits and vegetables.

dismar

Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 23, 2017, 07:48:33 AM
Hey .. cool you just mentioned Salt .. my first question to this giant mod would be : where does Salt come from ? It is not mentioned on the first post ... only as ingredient.

Salt can be found on the map to mine
Traders will have it.
There is a Mining spot you can place under the Misc tab were you can bill up to produce it.

Quote from: JABBA2000 on March 23, 2017, 02:01:04 PM
Any chance you can add sweet potatoes, cucumbers, cabbage, papers and pears. It will be cool to see even more fruits and vegetables.
Mainly I don't add more to the mod because the grow zone is already very crowded. And most other crops would be there simply for cosmetic reasons not really adding anything new but art. The last few I added had something new to offer. Like snow beets don't die in the cold.

Canute

These crowded and unsorted selection of the grow zone is something that need some tweaking.
The best would be to have subselection, Veg's,Fruits,Med,tree,Res.
But i think thse idea you would have self and it isn't possible.

Or extra growing zones for trees,Res. plants only, but i think these zones are hardcoded and can't be added.

JABBA2000

Quote from: dismar on March 23, 2017, 10:42:27 PM
Quote from: SpaceDorf on March 23, 2017, 07:48:33 AM
Hey .. cool you just mentioned Salt .. my first question to this giant mod would be : where does Salt come from ? It is not mentioned on the first post ... only as ingredient.

Salt can be found on the map to mine
Traders will have it.
There is a Mining spot you can place under the Misc tab were you can bill up to produce it.

Quote from: JABBA2000 on March 23, 2017, 02:01:04 PM
Mainly I don't add more to the mod because the grow zone is already very crowded. And most other crops would be there simply for cosmetic reasons not really adding anything new but art. The last few I added had something new to offer. Like snow beets don't die in the cold.

Ok. I think it would be a good idea to fix the crowded grow zone by adding a new zone called tree growing zone, if this is even possible. I just thought it would be cool if you can add these fruits and veggies but even if you dont i still love the mod.

SpaceDorf

@dismar

I like your mod, it is beautiful and adds a lot to the game.
But like some other Mods it suffers from the "too much at once"-Syndrome for me.
Thats why I waited so long to test it in the first place.

I would love if you could divide the mod into modules.

AngleWyrm

"The terrain here cannot support this"
The GUI says the dark brown tiles in the image are all of type mud.

The Reclaim Soil option reads "Digs up sand, marshy soil, mud, marsh, ice, gravel and places dirt to grow crops"

Clicking with reclaim soil on mud tile produces the message "The terrain here cannot support this."

List of mods attached, as it's probably some sort of conflict.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

Canute

Did you try "Place soil" on the same spot ?
Or maybe you need to smooth the floor first, but i think you don't need that on mud.

dismar

The issue is some other mod has changed the def for mud. Are you running fishing?  If so then just move my mod to the bottom of your load list.

dismar

Oh didn't see the list. On my phone. But is it a conflict with fishing. Just move my mod after and it should fix it!

Swat_Raptor

So the Dig up Dirt and Mine Salt are both defined as Crafting task rather than Mining task, I could understand the creation of salt being a crafting process except its defined as Mining salt which takes place at a salt mine, and Digging Dirt well is obviously a mining task. I don't really care but I was sending my Main Miner to do the task and was wondering why he was so slow at it. Anyway Love the amount of content that this mod adds.

dismar

Quote from: Swat_Raptor on April 01, 2017, 06:43:32 PM
So the Dig up Dirt and Mine Salt are both defined as Crafting task rather than Mining task, I could understand the creation of salt being a crafting process except its defined as Mining salt which takes place at a salt mine, and Digging Dirt well is obviously a mining task. I don't really care but I was sending my Main Miner to do the task and was wondering why he was so slow at it. Anyway Love the amount of content that this mod adds.

Ah yes  I have fixed those issues in the next version. So whenever I next update the mod that will be "fixed" Thanks.

Hcmac1996