[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mosart

Thx for illustrated answer. I looked wxactly for food with 1 ingredient. So polenta is leaslly good for my purposes. ADvice you to try it also.

dismar

Quote from: Dr_Zhivago on April 30, 2017, 06:24:20 PM
Quote from: dismar on April 30, 2017, 03:06:17 PM
On my computer. :)

I was hoping to make a VG/Fertile Fields compatibility mod, but I'm having trouble with the def-links.

Essentially I wanted to remove the "land altering" functionality from VG and use the Fertile Fields' ability. To do this I removed all the .xml references to fertilizer, tilled soil, etc. However I'm pretty sure the assembly that comes with VG has things within it that also need to be removed. I can play the game without problems, with the altered mod, however when I start up the game, I get all these "def-linked translation" errors reffering to everything I deleted.

Anyway, when I try to create a .csproj from your included "VGdrink.dll" I end up with missing references and many errors. So I thought having the source files would help this. I tried to find your project on GitHub, but to no avail.

I'm new to the modding scene, so if what I'm doing is completely wrong, let me know. Otherwise maybe you can help point me in the right direction.

Well both mods I believe use unique namespaces in the DLL. so you really should not have to must with those. The compatibility would mainly need to come from the XMLs naming.

dismar

Alpha 17 Test Branch!

Vegetable Garden 5.4 "test build"
Download Tester Copy
Help find bugs! I've been running a game with this for a few weeks and rooted out a lot of bugs.
-Medicine Rework!
-Biome plants balanced!
-Tons of small Changes/Fixes

Change log since 16 :
4/23/17
- plants grow times
- barrel bug fixed

4/22/17
- Bulk med recipes
- Bulk med research
- drug weights adjusted
- alcohol crate prices fixed
- health drink coding renamed antibiotics

4/21/17
- crops new grow times part 1
- immature graphics vanilla

4/15/17
-Small error with barrels.

3/25/17
- Wild types of fruit trees added
- canned meat now inherents human meat. insect meat etc..
- Joy balanced on meal /food.

3/23/17
- biome plants balanced (rarer and smaller patches)
- fruit trees / raspberry bushes fixed.

3/22/17
Medical Overhual
-aloe removed
-medical recipes balanced
-medicine tiers created.
-Bulk survival meals recipe
- dll coding updated.

3/20/17
- alpha17 work begins!
- errors in coding fixed.

AngleWyrm

Quote from: dismar on May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM
Vegetable Garden 5.3h Build 22 Alpha 16 Released
Please post feedback to this release so I can work on it!
Dropbox : Download 5.3h

As a tribal I usually go with
  • Kabobs, can use any ingredients I have available
  • Steaks, no skill required
  • Stirfry, mood bonus; needs skill-7 and both veggie & meat
My 5-point rating system: Yay, Kay, Meh, Erm, Bleh

XenGrimm

I got a little error log for ya

this happened during a cold snap on a temperate coastal that hit -5 F

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at VGDrinks.Plant_Ocean.SpawnSetup (Verse.Map map, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map, Rot4 rot, Boolean respawningAfterLoad) [0x000d7] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\Placement\GenSpawn.cs:65
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.Thing newThing, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\Placement\GenSpawn.cs:24
  at Verse.GenSpawn.Spawn (Verse.ThingDef def, IntVec3 loc, Verse.Map map) [0x00000] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Gen\Placement\GenSpawn.cs:19
  at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TryReproduceInto (IntVec3 dest, Verse.ThingDef plantDef, Verse.Map map) [0x0001d] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Thing\Plant\GenPlantReproduction.cs:37
  at RimWorld.GenPlantReproduction.TryReproduceFrom (IntVec3 source, Verse.ThingDef plantDef, SeedTargFindMode mode, Verse.Map map) [0x00012] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Thing\Plant\GenPlantReproduction.cs:26
  at RimWorld.WildSpawner.TrySpawnPlantFromMapEdge () [0x0003c] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\WildSpawner.cs:124
  at RimWorld.WildSpawner.WildSpawnerTick () [0x000ca] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\RimWorld\Game\Storyteller\WildSpawner.cs:110
  at Verse.Map.MapPostTick () [0x0000a] in C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:494
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.Map:MapPostTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Map\Map.cs:495)
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:331)
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Ticking\TickManager.cs:243)
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Game\Game.cs:481)
Verse.Root_Play:Update() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root_Play.cs:73)

Darkmark8910

Stupid question. I expect the answer to be "no" but can you add this to an existing save? Assuming it's an A17 save?

dismar

Quote from: Darkmark8910 on May 06, 2017, 08:48:38 AM
Stupid question. I expect the answer to be "no" but can you add this to an existing save? Assuming it's an A17 save?

Maybe. Weird things may occur. Backup your game.before trying.

Dr_Zhivago

Quote from: dismar on May 06, 2017, 09:25:46 AM
Weird

I really enjoy the addition of your mod. However, I don't enjoy all the conflicts with Fertile Fields, and mucking about with multiple "soils". So I made a combined mod for A16. Not sure if I should keep it to steam or also upload it here on Ludeon though. Let me know what you think.

Release: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=920629802

~Zhivago

Kolljak

Hay bud trying out experimental A17 ran into this.

XML Verse.TerrainDef defines the same field twice: affordances.

Field contents: Undefined.

Whole XML:

<TerrainDef><defName>Marsh</defName><label>marsh</label><texturePath>Terrain/Surfaces/Marsh</texturePath><EdgeType>FadeRough</EdgeType><RenderPrecedence>325</RenderPrecedence><PathCost>23</PathCost><statBases><Beauty>-2</Beauty><Cleanliness>-2</Cleanliness></statBases><TerrainFilthDef>FilthDirt</TerrainFilthDef><affordances><li>Diggable</li></affordances><Fertility>0</Fertility><TakeFootprints>True</TakeFootprints><acceptFilth>false</acceptFilth><avoidWander>true</avoidWander><driesTo>Soil</driesTo><affordances><li>Undefined</li></affordances></TerrainDef>
Verse.Log:Error(String) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Utility\Debug\Log\Log.cs:48)
Verse.DirectXmlToObject:ObjectFromXml(XmlNode, Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlToObject.cs:187)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:InternalInvoke(Object, Object[], Exception&)
System.Reflection.MonoMethod:Invoke(Object, BindingFlags, Binder, Object[], CultureInfo) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MonoMethod.cs:222)
System.Reflection.MethodBase:Invoke(Object, Object[]) (at /Users/builduser/buildslave/mono/build/mcs/class/corlib/System.Reflection/MethodBase.cs:115)
Verse.<AllDefsFromAsset>c__Iterator222:MoveNext() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\SaveLoad\DirectXml\DirectXmlLoader.cs:143)
Verse.ModContentPack:LoadDefs(IEnumerable`1) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\ModContent\ModContentPack.cs:168)
Verse.LoadedModManager:LoadAllActiveMods() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Mods\LoadedModManager.cs:74)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:DoPlayLoad() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:92)
Verse.PlayDataLoader:LoadAllPlayData(Boolean) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Defs\Databases\PlayDataLoader.cs:32)
Verse.Root:<Start>m__84B() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\Root\Root.cs:49)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action) (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:439)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__849() (at C:\Dev\RimWorld\Assets\Scripts\Verse\Global\LongEventHandler.cs:353)

dismar

Kolljak

Yes but i tried to load JUST it and still got this error. the error i posted was it by itself with core.

br1zz

i am playing A16 until A17 is officially released, using the regular vg for A16. is the "blocky" tile bug when marshy soil meets soil fixed in the A17 version ?

dismar

Quote from: br1zz on May 13, 2017, 11:47:46 PM
i am playing A16 until A17 is officially released, using the regular vg for A16. is the "blocky" tile bug when marshy soil meets soil fixed in the A17 version ?

not sure what you mean. no one has reported a bug like this.

br1zz

i saw it yesterday when i played on tropical rainforest the first time. i immediately noticed the blockiness and thought that cant be right. i was only using a handful of mods like VG, seedsplease + seedspleaseVG, expanded woodworking, floors and fences, rimkea, and some other very light mods. i started a new game with all mods deactivated : no blocky parts. i then activated  only VG and it made marshy soil blocky when it meets soil. to be sure i created a new world with vanilla + vg activated beforehand, and it yielded the same result.

i uploaded some screenshots for comparison:
the first screen is vanilla, the last two are with vg only.

can anyone reproduce this ?

Shuntyr

Unable to plant some fruit trees with Vegetable Garden 5.4 "test build"

Hello,

I really enjoy this mod, thank you.  I wanted to report that with all research completed, I don't have the option of planting apple , bananna, or fig trees.

Using A17 fresh install
- Core
- HugsLib
- Vegetable Garden 5.4 "test build"

Thank You