[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: duduluu on October 10, 2016, 10:03:15 AM
Hello, dismar!
I see the coconut in your mod.
I must tell you, it's draw by me.
I draw the picture for Ocean Biome Ecosysem.
I think you should add my ID to credit.
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=20169.0

Oh! Sorry about that. I'll get you added in after work today.

duduluu

Hello, Dismar!
I have finish the translation work for your two Mod, and upload to GitHub.
I would update the language data in this project on GitHub, when you change your mod.

See here:
https://github.com/duduluu/RW-ChineseSimplified-dismar
Or Download:
https://github.com/duduluu/RW-ChineseSimplified-dismar/archive/master.zip
RimTrans translation tool for RimWorld
RimWorld-English original text for translating RimWorld
RimWorld-zh.com my translation team website

RommePawn

Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but people keep randomly grabbing tofu to eat later and then getting a bad moodlet because of it. I made spots at the base of all my kitchen doors with fine meal stacks so they will see them first yet they sometimes just pick up tofu. I have them eating stew in the dining room and they usually grab that or the fine meals in the kitchen but some just grab tofu. Do you think putting fine meals in the corners of my meat locker would help fix this? see attachment. I've never actually seen anyone pick up tofu, I've only seen it on people and seen people eat it out of pocket.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

hgjkg

Quote from: RommePawn on October 18, 2016, 12:15:48 AM
Not sure if anyone else has had this problem but people keep randomly grabbing tofu to eat later(...)

I have a similar problem, but with canned meat. Colonists seem to hoard the canned meat in ridiculous amounts as soon as it is produced. I have it stored in the blue zone just outside the freezer that is barely visible at the top of the screen. I run a heavily modded colony so this might just be a problem on my end, or have anyone else noticed this too?

Also, Red Lentils seem to no longer serve any purpose. They are available to grow, but not used in any recipes as far as I can tell.

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

Canute

I didn't made canned food, but tofu.
And my tofu are never used except by the cooks for meals. I cook mainly cheeseburger, pizza and stew.
But people grab often grilled steak,vegetables for later instead a burger or piza.

dismar

Have you tried moving the mod to the bottom of the load list. Sometimes it's conflict that causes that.

RommePawn

Quote from: Canute on October 18, 2016, 12:00:25 PM
I didn't made canned food, but tofu.
And my tofu are never used except by the cooks for meals. I cook mainly cheeseburger, pizza and stew.
But people grab often grilled steak,vegetables for later instead a burger or piza.
Can you post a screenshot of your kitchen and eating area. Multiple screenshots if needed. JPGs help stay below the 600kb limit. You can copy your screen using the "print screen" button next to f12. f12 is takes screenshots on steam. Even if you don't have rimworld on steam you can use "ADD A GAME..." to start up a non steam game with the steam overlay thus allowing screenshots with it. Saves some fuss with editing.

Sorry for the info dump.

Quote from: dismar on October 18, 2016, 12:23:45 PM
Have you tried moving the mod to the bottom of the load list. Sometimes it's conflict that causes that.

I will try this without changing anything else. Have them empty and haul any tofu they had on them and report back with any news.

I would have never guessed that mod order would cause the ai to pocket bad food. By your reply I get the impression that pocketing lesser food isn't how the ai should behave. How does the food pocketing mechanic actually work? Are pawns suppose to pocket the best food?

Anyways, thanks for the reply, and the mod, its basically a must use for me.

dismar

I totally forgot to ask What version of the mod you are using? There's 5.0, 5.1 preview, and 5.1 steam. After this weekend there will only be one version supported to rule them all. Steam version has some fixes not found in the preview version...

Pawns can carry one meal worth of food. That I know of. So a few tofu's is ok. Tofu is classed as a meal, not a raw food.

Red Lentils are found in the meat category so it does serve a big purpose!

The last mod to change a core definition is the one that defines the game rule. I plan on making veg garden not dependent on core def's anymore since many new modder's have joined that constantly change core files.

SO if someone else's def changes something about my food the AI will be all crazy.. sometimes.

RommePawn

Quote from: dismar on October 18, 2016, 09:33:36 PM
I totally forgot to ask What version of the mod you are using? There's 5.0, 5.1 preview, and 5.1 steam.

Quote from: dismar on October 18, 2016, 09:33:36 PM
Pawns can carry one meal worth of food. That I know of. So a few tofu's is ok. Tofu is classed as a meal, not a raw food.

Really?.. So it isn't a bug. Why on earth would you set a "awful" food as a meal? Why wouldn't it be setup like berries?

Sorry but since this isn't a bug I must treat it like one myself.
Vegetable Garden\Defs\ThingDef\Resources_Tofu.XML
<foodType>Meal, Processed</foodType>
to
<foodType>VegetableOrFruit</foodType>
Should fix the problem with tofu. By making it a non meal.

I'm sorry if it bugs you I edited your mod but tofu being both a pocketable meal and an awful meal isn't a good design. It should only be eaten if there are no meals available. Therefor I feel it shouldn't be a meal.

dismar

Yeah lots of bug coding has changed since 5.0
There was a lot of bugs in 5.0 it was an alpha first release.

Changing you food flag to that will probably end up causing a bunch more of the issues your trying to fix.

The change I see I made in 5.1 was    <preferability>DesperateOnly</preferability> which make them not eat it unless they have nothing else.

And i didn't say it wasn't a bug. It's just not a bug NOW in the version i'm using and releasing. Since it was probably pointed out 20 pages ago or on the steam. :)

5.1 will be posted for non-steam users soon.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: dismar on October 19, 2016, 12:19:41 AM
Changing you food flag to that will probably end up causing a bunch more of the issues your trying to fix.

I was about to post this  ;D

<preferability> tag is the way to do those kind of changes

Lexmechanic

Hiya, dismar! Have you considered including a few leafy vegetables? (Romaine lettuce, red cabbage, and spinach perhaps.) I noticed you have a simple salad, which might go well with those. Could expand the selection of salads. Something like "leafy salad" (simple - only leafy veggies), "tossed salad" (fine - leafy and other veggies plus cheese), "chef salad" (lavish - leafy and other veggies, plus cheese, egg and/or meat). :)

RommePawn

Quote from: dismar on October 19, 2016, 12:19:41 AM
Yeah lots of bug coding has changed since 5.0
There was a lot of bugs in 5.0 it was an alpha first release.

The change I see I made in 5.1 was    <preferability>DesperateOnly</preferability> which make them not eat it unless they have nothing else.

And i didn't say it wasn't a bug. It's just not a bug NOW in the version i'm using and releasing. Since it was probably pointed out 20 pages ago or on the steam. :)

5.1 will be posted for non-steam users soon.

Yeah, so my edit didn't really work out so well. Then I decided to just outright comment out the <ingestible> section but after I read your comment I thought it would be best to change it to DesperateOnly as this is what you did and it seems to have worked.

Silly me thinking I know anything about modding :P Thankyou.

RommePawn

Why is this issue such a pain? This is what happened after using DesperateOnly. They walk over to the tofu and just absorb it all. Making it inedible prevented cooking with it so I just decided to wait and see if this happened again. About 6 of my people had 1k worth of tofu total. I just want them to stop picking up awful meals, this is just nonsense..