[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thundercraft

I see that the loom allows our colonists to turn unwanted apparel into cloth. However, I wanted to know:

Q: Does the amount of cloth returned reflect the skill of the colonist and/or the hit points left on the apparel? (This is the way the ReclaimFabric mod works...)

dismar

Quote from: Thundercraft on January 17, 2017, 06:23:13 PM
I see that the loom allows our colonists to turn unwanted apparel into cloth. However, I wanted to know:

Q: Does the amount of cloth returned reflect the skill of the colonist and/or the hit points left on the apparel? (This is the way the ReclaimFabric mod works...)

I don't remember how the smelt command works in the recipe. just what it does :)

nobrainer

Is anybody else experiencing problems with the loom?

None of the bills to make cloth seem to work. When I open the details of the bills there are no resources/ingredients in the middle panel to be selected/deselected. The information on the right side of the window shows up correctly (Work amount: ... Requires ... ) but the middle panel is completely empty.

At first I thought that it was conflicting with ExpandedCloth so I disabled it, but still nothing.
Then I disable MoreBedsCloth, MoreBedsCloth(More Furniture), GouRimet, FashionRimsta one-by-one but still nothing changed.
Finally I did one last experiment:

• Disabled everything except core;
  • Restarted the game;
  • Enabled Vegetable Garden;
  • Restarted the game again to make sure it loaded with no errors;
  • Started a new game with the "Crashlanded" scenario;
  • Enabled Development mode and placed a loom;
  • Added a bill to Make Cloth and open the details of the bill.
The results were the same. The details window says that it "Requires 20 cotton fibre" but the middle panel does not show any ingredients.

I've checked the XML files for the mod and as far as I can tell the definitions seem to be in order. At least I saw the entries for "RawCotton" where I believe they should be, which would be expected since I never touched this files.

Any help is appreciated.

dismar

Nothing should show up in the middle unless there's a choice in a16.

The loom is crafting in your version not tailoring

Danetta

Something like a balance issue. You need 5 hops to create 1 beer in original game (and one more in-between work due to hops-wort-beer way), while you only need 1 ingridient to create one part of alcohol in your mode (75 bottles from 75 rice).

nobrainer

Quote from: dismar on January 17, 2017, 06:52:01 PM

Good to know. I think nobody was assigned to crafting yet. I'll check that out when I get back home from work.
Shouldn't it be tailoring though?  ???

Just to be sure. Is vegetable garden compatible with ExpandedCloth?... Well... a better question ;D , can MoreBedsCloth be used directly with VegetableGarden (without ExpandedCloth)?

dismar

Quote from: nobrainer on January 18, 2017, 04:57:37 AM
Quote from: dismar on January 17, 2017, 06:52:01 PM

Good to know. I think nobody was assigned to crafting yet. I'll check that out when I get back home from work.
Shouldn't it be tailoring though?  ???

Just to be sure. Is vegetable garden compatible with ExpandedCloth?... Well... a better question ;D , can MoreBedsCloth be used directly with VegetableGarden (without ExpandedCloth)?

They should work together. I know T has a compatibility patch but I'm not sure what it does. :) I only use the awesome more floors!

Danetta

dismar, I have almost done that thing we have talked earlier. Let me know if you are interested.
http://puu.sh/trovK/be582ccc3c.jpg

dismar

Quote from: Danetta on January 18, 2017, 11:37:42 PM
dismar, I have almost done that thing we have talked earlier. Let me know if you are interested.

Your gizmo says plant :)

Danetta

Quote from: dismar on January 18, 2017, 11:56:17 PM
Quote from: Danetta on January 18, 2017, 11:37:42 PM

Your gizmo says plant :)
Yes, this is one of the reasons why I said "almost".

minakurafto

cooking at non vanilla cooking table doesnt increase cooking skill? is it intended or not?
------------
edit: nevermind i was wrong. my pawn just dont have passion in cooking so the experience gain is almost nonexistant, my bad

Der Failer

I just had a few warnings about PlantRaspberry. It took me a bit to figure it out, but the problem seems to be that the raspberry uses the vanilla PlantBase instead of VG's base. I thing it should be VG_PlantDef, right?

dismar

Quote from: Der Failer on January 19, 2017, 07:50:43 PM
I just had a few warnings about PlantRaspberry. It took me a bit to figure it out, but the problem seems to be that the raspberry uses the vanilla PlantBase instead of VG's base. I thing it should be VG_PlantDef, right?

it's fine, but what are  the errors?

Der Failer

Quote from: dismar on January 22, 2017, 11:15:05 AM
Quote from: Der Failer on January 19, 2017, 07:50:43 PM

it's fine, but what are  the errors?
Config error in PlantRaspberry: undefined preferability

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 42)

Config error in PlantRaspberry: no foodType

dismar

As always be careful when changing to a new version of my mod. Completely delete the old version. Backup your save.
Small troubleshooting guide when updating here : Oh Knows! Update broke my game!!

5.3e Build 16 released!

1/22/17 Build 16
- flower areas added to the garden tools section. allows all flowers to be grown on soil.
- work benches update for a16.

1/21/17
- alcohol barrels balanced
- new canning table by madman666

1/19/17
-food "tiers" corrected. Salted meat, cheese, bread, dried fruits now lowest tier after raw but before simples. most of the time.
- leather price adjusted to reflect price change in alpha

1/14/17
- research fixes.
- mill recipe label "wheat~flour"
- heatedlamps work to make and comp.s cost corrected
- canning table returns.
- canning food moved to table
- canning researching added
- glit world meds give exp
- salt can no longer be ate.
- salt veg recipes split by nutrition and adjusted
- caffene addictiveness halved