[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jawar

dismar

Quote from: Jawar on June 26, 2015, 12:41:23 PM
Hi. Take this textures, they more realistic, it may come in handy  :) thanks for inspiration good mod

thank you, they are very nice textures!

dismar

kaptain_kavern

Abrexus

kaptain_kavern

I seems to have a problem using GourmetGarden.

Have that for pizza and bread. are they supposed to be made of rice (or whatever, i've seen a few : corn, etc)
And it stay unfinished. The colonist will eventually get it, try to work on it and put it down right after.
Any clue plz?

dismar

oh i thought i removed all that coding for the unfinished stuff. you get weird errors when you use it with food. Here is a quick update removing that issue. Let me know if ya find anything else! thanks.

[attachment deleted due to age]

kaptain_kavern

mrofa

Wow even for resource compression !
Thats impressive thanks alot :D
All i do is clutter all around.

dismar

Quote from: sidfu on July 13, 2015, 07:51:29 PM
the seeds mod has had the genome part removed. in the https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14229.0

I'm not sure if this is a question or not lol But any issues you have with nine's mod pack should be addressed on his posts. He has permission to use my stuff but he heavily modifies most things to work together.

My seeds addon mod uses the seeds please mod. Any changes made to it effects my mod. 

I like that the genomes have been pulled for the time being :) they were kinda broken at the time.

Othobrithol

I'm really enjoying using your mod so far. Highly enjoyable. Just a few observations where I think it can improve a bit:

• Bamboo's stats are a bit er..... It's twice as strong as stone and makes fireproof walls.
  • It seems to me that canned food and tofu are a bit too lucrative as a trade item. I've made thousands selling my excess, far more than the normally lucrative human meat/skin market.
  • Beans seem to produce too quickly/easily for the potency they have. As both vegetable and potential meat replacement I was able, using just 20 or so tiles on rich soil/sunlamp, provide for the meat needs of a fort and sell of a ton as above.
  • Using Hediffs, like Finer Things, should make for a more rewarding experience with both tea and alcohol. Since I converted over from Finer things to your mod (mostly because you included an SCA compatability patch, good call) I rather miss seeing a pawn have a cup of java and then ZOOOOOM or watch a pawn binge on hard booze and end up passing out after puking all over the base.
  • In line with the above, it might be funny if all the sweets in this mod carry a chance to inflict a longterm debuff that impairs kidney function (blood filtration).

For Reference, I modifiied my files such that Bambbo burns and is half the strength of wood. Also missing were modifiers to melee weapons made from it. Canned meals doubled their ingredients, tofu almost doubled (19 ea of 4 for 75). I also removed your herbal medicine and instead added a patch to make the Sup Crafting Medicine recipe require aloe as well as xerigium and cloth (5 of ea to be exact, I'm a bit of a masochist in these games.)

sidfu

Quote from: dismar on July 13, 2015, 08:40:58 PM
the seeds mod has had the genome part removed. in the https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=14229.0

I'm not sure if this is a question or not lol But any issues you have with nine's mod pack should be addressed on his posts. He has permission to use my stuff but he heavily modifies most things to work together.

My seeds addon mod uses the seeds please mod. Any changes made to it effects my mod. 

I like that the genomes have been pulled for the time being :) they were kinda broken at the time.

didnt post to say it was a problem but so u know about it is all. that way since seeds please hasnt been updated for alpha 11b yet u know about a updated version

dismar

Quote from: sidfu on July 14, 2015, 08:29:42 AM
Quote from: dismar on July 13, 2015, 08:40:58 PM
thank you! i get an email when ever a change happens to any post that i have a mod add-on for tho. a bit ocd like that :)

didnt post to say it was a problem but so u know about it is all. that way since seeds please hasnt been updated for alpha 11b yet u know about a updated version

dismar

Quote from: Othobrithol on July 14, 2015, 12:47:55 AM
I'm really enjoying using your mod so far. Highly enjoyable. Just a few observations where I think it can improve a bit:

• Bamboo's stats are a bit er..... It's twice as strong as stone and makes fireproof walls.
  • It seems to me that canned food and tofu are a bit too lucrative as a trade item. I've made thousands selling my excess, far more than the normally lucrative human meat/skin market.
  • Beans seem to produce too quickly/easily for the potency they have. As both vegetable and potential meat replacement I was able, using just 20 or so tiles on rich soil/sunlamp, provide for the meat needs of a fort and sell of a ton as above.
  • Using Hediffs, like Finer Things, should make for a more rewarding experience with both tea and alcohol. Since I converted over from Finer things to your mod (mostly because you included an SCA compatability patch, good call) I rather miss seeing a pawn have a cup of java and then ZOOOOOM or watch a pawn binge on hard booze and end up passing out after puking all over the base.
  • In line with the above, it might be funny if all the sweets in this mod carry a chance to inflict a longterm debuff that impairs kidney function (blood filtration).

For Reference, I modifiied my files such that Bambbo burns and is half the strength of wood. Also missing were modifiers to melee weapons made from it. Canned meals doubled their ingredients, tofu almost doubled (19 ea of 4 for 75). I also removed your herbal medicine and instead added a patch to make the Sup Crafting Medicine recipe require aloe as well as xerigium and cloth (5 of ea to be exact, I'm a bit of a masochist in these games.)

the great thing about this game is you can change so much even in others mods! I guess i musta used the def for concrete for bamboo instead of wood LOL It is very funny to see sappers trying to blow up my bamboo tho!.

Anyway Thank you for your feed back. I've made the changes to bamboo. Am looking at the balance of beans. And I love the ideas for tea and alcohol and will look into that for the next update!