[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plasmatic

Quote from: dismar on April 19, 2016, 08:58:35 PM
Quote from: duduluu on April 19, 2016, 12:00:05 AM
hi,it's a trouble.
can't plant agave after finishing research agriculture II
I found it! missing a sow tag  "<li>Ground</li>" for the plant. You can only ground it in Hydroponics atm. :(
Fixed in next version :)

Quote from: Oga88 on April 19, 2016, 08:47:04 AM

Hi great mod!!
You had a good texture for plow soil, well its better than just black like it is now. There was a texture of garden soil, I think you should use it for plow soil imho. Thank you for this mod.
Well I fixed my plow soil mod. Looks like rows of plowed soil again. So next update it will be the way it is.

Is the next version you mention 3.6 or not out yet?
Wanted to ask since my plow soil is still black as anything :)

tara4131945

Quote from: Plasmatic on April 23, 2016, 05:25:10 AM
Quote from: dismar on April 19, 2016, 08:58:35 PM
Quote from: duduluu on April 19, 2016, 12:00:05 AM
hi,it's a trouble.
can't plant agave after finishing research agriculture II
I found it! missing a sow tag  "<li>Ground</li>" for the plant. You can only ground it in Hydroponics atm. :(
Fixed in next version :)

Quote from: Oga88 on April 19, 2016, 08:47:04 AM

Hi great mod!!
You had a good texture for plow soil, well its better than just black like it is now. There was a texture of garden soil, I think you should use it for plow soil imho. Thank you for this mod.
Well I fixed my plow soil mod. Looks like rows of plowed soil again. So next update it will be the way it is.

Is the next version you mention 3.6 or not out yet?
Wanted to ask since my plow soil is still black as anything :)
hi i had that issue thought it was an other mod someone found that the picture file is not square but more rectangle just change it to 1024X1024 and it fix the black image i know i did it so just change that it should work just fine

killergold88

I was thinking about your texture for the soil, and I know you said you didnt like it. You were going for a potted soil look and thats a good idea, what i think (just opinions trying to help) you could do to break up the blackness is maybe add small white specks into the sprite. This would break up the deep color you get when the textures combine and its present in the "potting soil" you buy. To retain mosture and feed the plants.
Another idea i had was maybe a mulch look?

Plasmatic

Quote from: tara4131945 on April 23, 2016, 05:53:51 AM
hi i had that issue thought it was an other mod someone found that the picture file is not square but more rectangle just change it to 1024X1024 and it fix the black image i know i did it so just change that it should work just fine

That did it, thanks!

Syntria

Thanks again. :3 Still my favorite mod so far.

Concerning the appearance of plow-soil, I think if we want to imply it is 'rich' it should simply be darker. Being I'm an avid IRL gardener and master composer for my city (there's a program you go thru), darker soil usually means richer soil. I think the tiled lines does look nice too---but not everyone practices row gardening.
Long time supporter of Rimworld!

Check out my twitch channel---I stream Rimworld about 50% of the time (Prison Architect, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress too!)

Join my Discord Server, which has 300+ members!

dismar

Hey everyone 3.6a Fiexs is out.
Been having some computer issues but it's here!

VG 3.6a
- Fixed some recipes issues
- Fixed the Plowed Soil artwork and cleaned it up
- Fixed some categories that were wrong
- Cleaned up some coding

As alway delete the old folder before updating and thanks!

Deon

Quote from: dismar on April 23, 2016, 04:19:31 PM
Hey everyone 3.6a Fiexs is out.
Been having some computer issues but it's here!

VG 3.6a
- Fixed some recipes issues
- Fixed the Plowed Soil artwork and cleaned it up
- Fixed some categories that were wrong
- Cleaned up some coding

As alway delete the old folder before updating and thanks!
I was just starting a new colony. Thank you for the fix!
P.S. Could you change the forum thread title to 3.6a (and maybe include the update date), so I would not miss the next update? :D

teknotel

Hi noob here.

So the seeds mod is seperate to this, its called enviroseeds yeah? And the beta patch for it at the bottom is an additional mod folder I need to add and then run after the original Vegetable garden mod> Does enviroseeds go before after the two mods in mod order?

Also if I want to use prepare carefully as well I use the second file at the bottom for use with enviro seeds and prepare carefully.

Is this correct?

dismar

Don't use enviro seeds mod.

Load Vegetable garden.
Then either load beta seeds OR
If you use prepare carefully the use the second file instead of the first beta seeds file.

Tried to clearify it on the front page. Hope it helps!

top_hat_tomato

Very nice mod! For me it's become a must for any RimWorld session.

Also, on a side note, which tree is most efficient? I would have to guess banana or orange but I don't really know.

dismar

Quote from: top_hat_tomato on April 27, 2016, 11:38:06 PM
Very nice mod! For me it's become a must for any RimWorld session.

Also, on a side note, which tree is most efficient? I would have to guess banana or orange but I don't really know.

banana's and oranges are slightly better then the other trees. no reason why lol they just are

DukeAl

Great mod. I had to change the parent categorie for the cooking ingredients to FoodRaw to make it work with the food basket from expanded storage.
If there is no reason against it, you may could make them compatible?

dismar

Quote from: DukeAl on May 01, 2016, 05:49:43 PM
Great mod. I had to change the parent categorie for the cooking ingredients to FoodRaw to make it work with the food basket from expanded storage.
If there is no reason against it, you may could make them compatible?

There is a good reason I dont move the category into raw foods. Its because when you are using the collapsible resource menu I dont want non-food items (which most of the cooking stuff is) counted as food.

And  the storage mod can be fixed by adding a simple line

<categories>
            <li>FoodRaw</li>
            <li>CookingSupplies</li>
          </categories>

Dorwon

Weaving research is not more on the research Table available (and i think other research too) need help thanks (sorry for my bad english)