[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dismar

Quote from: CoffeeOMG on July 23, 2016, 04:03:17 PM
Quote from: dismar on July 23, 2016, 12:18:11 AM
Can always try the steam version of the game. I keep the workshop up to date as well since it's a button push. And we will figure it out!

I did. Issue persists on both platforms, even with clean install.
I got the newest version of your mod from this forum and from steam workshop, got brand new Core from Ludeon website (1241 update), still with the same result.
It's mind-boggling. I'm going to try on my husband's laptop now with his own RimWorld version.
Thank you for your patience! I really appreciate your ideas and the time you are willing to spend helping me tackle this issue.

edit: Its happening on my husband's RimWorld too.  :o 
Maybe it's the copy of RimWorld that we have purchased? (makes no sense though). We have one copy purchased through Ludeon website, and he is downloading his versions from that account. I got the key for Steam and run mine though that.
I am really tempted to just buy another copy of RimWorld and see what the heck is going on.

the only thing I can think of is if you can zip up the whole game and your appdata / Ludeon Studios folder and drop them into like drop box and send me a link so I can see what's going on in your game.

robohunterx

Always read something that will make you look good if you die in the middle of it.
   -P. J. O'Rourke

Sarelth

I can not pinpoint my error at all. Its from something interacting with Vegetable Garden, Noku Mushrooms and Ghilliesuits.
I have gone through each mod, I am sure multiple times. I tried disabling 1 or 2 mods at a time to see if that made a difference and still got nowhere. I am lost.

Here is my modlist as it currently is loaded.
Btw, the error seems to come and go with the mods, but not all of them at once...

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

dismar

Quote from: Sarelth on July 23, 2016, 08:46:36 PM
I can not pinpoint my error at all. Its from something interacting with Vegetable Garden, Noku Mushrooms and Ghilliesuits.
I have gone through each mod, I am sure multiple times. I tried disabling 1 or 2 mods at a time to see if that made a difference and still got nowhere. I am lost.

Here is my modlist as it currently is loaded.
Btw, the error seems to come and go with the mods, but not all of them at once...

Gillie broke you in the Plants_Cultivated.xml file. You can just cut all this out and you should be good :

<ThingDef Name="PlantBase" Abstract="True">
    <category>Plant</category>
    <thingClass>Plant</thingClass>
    <altitudeLayer>LowPlant</altitudeLayer>
    <useHitPoints>True</useHitPoints>
    <statBases>
      <Flammability>0.8</Flammability>
    </statBases>
    <tickerType>Long</tickerType>
    <selectable>False</selectable>
    <neverMultiSelect>True</neverMultiSelect>
    <drawerType>MapMeshOnly</drawerType>
    <graphicData>
      <shaderType>CutoutPlant</shaderType>
    </graphicData>
    <plant>
      <harvestDestroys>true</harvestDestroys>
      <soundHarvesting>Harvest_Standard</soundHarvesting>
      <soundHarvestFinish>Harvest_Standard_Finish</soundHarvestFinish>
      <sowWork>150</sowWork>
      <fertilityMin>0.5</fertilityMin>
      <fertilityFactorGrowthRate>1.0</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
      <topWindExposure>0.01</topWindExposure>
      <visualSizeRange>
        <min>0.3</min>
        <max>1.00</max>
      </visualSizeRange>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

<ThingDef ParentName="PlantBase" Name="TreeBase" Abstract="True">
    <statBases>
      <MaxHitPoints>300</MaxHitPoints>
    </statBases>
    <description>A tree.</description>
    <altitudeLayer>BuildingTall</altitudeLayer>
    <selectable>true</selectable>
    <fillPercent>0.35</fillPercent>
    <graphicData>
      <shadowData>
        <volume>(0.3, 0.3, 0.3)</volume>
      </shadowData>
    </graphicData>
    <passability>PassThroughOnly</passability>
    <pathCost>130</pathCost>
    <ingestible>
      <preferability>RawBad</preferability>
      <nutrition>1.50</nutrition>
    </ingestible>
    <plant>
      <soundHarvesting>Harvest_Tree</soundHarvesting>
      <soundHarvestFinish>Harvest_Tree_Finish</soundHarvestFinish>
      <sowWork>1500</sowWork>
      <harvestWork>800</harvestWork>
      <harvestDestroys>true</harvestDestroys>
      <harvestYield>50</harvestYield>
      <harvestTag>Standard</harvestTag>
      <harvestMinGrowth>0.40</harvestMinGrowth>
      <harvestFailable>false</harvestFailable>
      <blockAdjacentSow>true</blockAdjacentSow>
      <sowTags>
        <li>Ground</li>
      </sowTags>
      <visualSizeRange>
        <min>1.3</min>
        <max>2.0</max>
      </visualSizeRange>
      <fertilityMin>0.3</fertilityMin>
      <topWindExposure>0.25</topWindExposure>
      <fertilityFactorGrowthRate>0.5</fertilityFactorGrowthRate>
      <wildClusterSizeRange>
        <min>8</min>
        <max>30</max>
      </wildClusterSizeRange>
      <wildClusterRadius>8</wildClusterRadius>
    </plant>
  </ThingDef>

Sarelth

All I can say is thanks. The lack of at least a few yellow errors makes me less stressed already. :)

froggypad

Got tired of seeing piles of unprocessed cotton, so I made a quick mod that uses CCL's automated factory class to add automatic looms, leaf smelters and grinders. Everyone, feel free to use this however you want - including the terrible graphics

https://db.tt/PKsO8I1h

Malaras

Quote from: froggypad on July 24, 2016, 08:28:02 AM
Got tired of seeing piles of unprocessed cotton, so I made a quick mod that uses CCL's automated factory class to add automatic looms, leaf smelters and grinders. Everyone, feel free to use this however you want - including the terrible graphics

https://db.tt/PKsO8I1h

Your first post and unknown link, no thanks ;)

EDIT: Cleared by Mod, Sorry Froggy. Was just Suspicious to me

milon

I checked it out.  Froggypad's link seems to be a legit mod - link goes directly to a .zip file with no popups, banners, redirects, etc.  (But I am using uBlock Origina, so your milesage may vary.)  The zip file has the correct & expected mod folder structure.  It contains XML files and png textures.  No DLL's or other suspicious content.  I have not tried running it yet, but it "shouldn't" be able to harm anything.  But backup your saves & mods if you want to be extra cautious.

@froggypad: Pardon our suspicion.  We've had problems with spam bots etc in the past, so we try to be cautious.

Malaras

Quote from: milon on July 24, 2016, 10:36:06 AM
I checked it out.  Froggypad's link seems to be a legit mod - link goes directly to a .zip file with no popups, banners, redirects, etc.  (But I am using uBlock Origina, so your milesage may vary.)  The zip file has the correct & expected mod folder structure.  It contains XML files and png textures.  No DLL's or other suspicious content.  I have not tried running it yet, but it "shouldn't" be able to harm anything.  But backup your saves & mods if you want to be extra cautious.

@froggypad: Pardon our suspicion.  We've had problems with spam bots etc in the past, so we try to be cautious.

Thanks Milon,

FBastos

Awesome mod. Can't play RW without it. ;)
Glad to see it's now on A14.

If think i found a bug. My people is carrying a lot o polenta.

Syntria

Yaaaay! :) My favorite modder! I'm installing this for my stream now. Just loaded up the new version of the game for the first time and knew I couldn't play without this mod. <3
Long time supporter of Rimworld!

Check out my twitch channel---I stream Rimworld about 50% of the time (Prison Architect, Factorio, Dwarf Fortress too!)

Join my Discord Server, which has 300+ members!

CoffeeOMG

Quote from: FBastos on July 24, 2016, 02:01:32 PM
If think i found a bug. My people is carrying a lot o polenta.

Is your colonist stuck in a "standing" mode when he piles on the polenta? Because that is what I've been dealing with since A13 with tofu products and pies (see page 29 for my similar issue).
I have no solution for you, I'm just here to tell you, I know your pain, bro.  ;D Hopefully your bug is easier to track down and fixed than mine.

Also, Dismar,
Quote from: dismar on July 23, 2016, 12:18:11 AM
the only thing I can think of is if you can zip up the whole game and your appdata / Ludeon Studios folder and drop them into like drop box and send me a link so I can see what's going on in your game.

I'm working on it, will send you provate PM with link today. Thank you!

dismar

Yip happens with a few things. I have no idea why either.

froggypad

Quote from: milon on July 24, 2016, 10:36:06 AM

Yeah, no worries - should have uploaded somewhere that lets you see the zip contents before downloading. Thanks for checking

Deadman1919

For some reason.. I can't find flax flowers when I'm trying to plant crops