[A17] Vegetable Garden [8/22/17]

Started by dismar, May 07, 2015, 10:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2xbon

Quote from: dismar on June 19, 2017, 02:09:41 PM
Quote from: 2xbon on June 19, 2017, 01:59:09 PM
where do i get the salt?

Your can find salt in the world to mine. Or there is a Salt spot in Misc that you can Bill jobs to mine it on a rocky surface.

ty man.

jts1702

Error code when using salt to cook things at a range.

Invalid count: -2147483648, setting to 1. Job was DoBill A=Thing_ElectricStove206005 B=Thing_ChunkSalt640261 C=(157, 0, 108)
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Toils_Haul:ErrorCheckForCarry(Pawn, Thing)
Verse.AI.<StartCarryThing>c__AnonStorey4A9:<>m__789()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

dismar

Quote from: jts1702 on June 20, 2017, 05:26:42 PM
Error code when using salt to cook things at a range.

Invalid count: -2147483648, setting to 1. Job was DoBill A=Thing_ElectricStove206005 B=Thing_ChunkSalt640261 C=(157, 0, 108)
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Toils_Haul:ErrorCheckForCarry(Pawn, Thing)
Verse.AI.<StartCarryThing>c__AnonStorey4A9:<>m__789()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:TryActuallyStartNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:ReadyForNextToil()
Verse.AI.JobDriver:Notify_PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherArrived()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:TryEnterNextPathCell()
Verse.AI.Pawn_PathFollower:PatherTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Hi thanks that is fixed in the next version

jts1702

Also quick question: Brewing table makes DISTILLED vodka from undistilled, but from where does one make undistilled vodka? The table certainly isn't.

*EDIT: Just re-read the description. You put potatoes directly into the barrel? Interesting.*

moonra

How do I use the Composter Box? There's no option to do anything and it doesn't seem to be doing anything either.

dismar

For composter you need composter starter made at the butcher table.
For alcohol you need a starter made at the brewery table. But Vodka is made backwards. Potatoes into the barrel.
Then the pawns will load the proper barrel and poof done.

Tanelorn

I have an issue with the time it takes for salting and mining salt. Remember that salted meat and pickled vegetables are more ingredients than they are final products, even though you can eat them. The time it takes to salt meat is 17 work, compared to 10 work for pemmican. The time it takes for even a great miner to mine salt is tremendous. Add it all together and you spend LOTS of time salting and pickling especially if you don't have a local salt source.

Please consider revising the times it takes to mine salt and to salt / pickle. Especially in tribal games with no refrigeration this is the main way we keep our meat and veggies from rotting. But it takes way more effort to do so, which really harms the utility of it.

Tanelorn

Also, regarding the crafting spot. I apologize if this is from a different mod. You can craft tribal healing kits using cloth, smokeleaf, and one other item I've forgotten. But we can't make cloth until we research advanced clothing, which seems to make the crafting spot irrelevant as you can make bandage kits right there in the tailor bench. Plus of course you can just grow or forage healroot which (unrealistically) instantly gives you tribal medicine kits just from digging them up.

It's all so illogical. I would like to see VG at least make healroot yield "healroot" as an ingredient which must be turned into herbal medicine at some station. As for the cloth thing, I'm not sure of the best approach to that. There are some catch-22s when it comes to tribal situations.

SpaceDorf

Are the garden ressources usable for A17 ?
Maxim 1   : Pillage, then burn
Maxim 37 : There is no overkill. There is only open fire and reload.
Rule 34 of Rimworld :There is a mod for that.

Canute

Quote from: Tanelorn on June 22, 2017, 03:53:19 AM
I have an issue with the time it takes for salting and mining salt. Remember that salted meat and pickled vegetables are more ingredients than they are final products, even though you can eat them. The time it takes to salt meat is 17 work, compared to 10 work for pemmican. The time it takes for even a great miner to mine salt is tremendous. Add it all together and you spend LOTS of time salting and pickling especially if you don't have a local salt source.

Please consider revising the times it takes to mine salt and to salt / pickle. Especially in tribal games with no refrigeration this is the main way we keep our meat and veggies from rotting. But it takes way more effort to do so, which really harms the utility of it.

You forget one thing, salt meat don't rot that fast, and you can made fine meals/stirfry out of them if you got vegetables. Thats more tasty then permican.
And you can made salted meat out of human meat, which remove the negative effect.
You should filter salted meat and dried fruits out of your pemmican recipes, and let pemmican made first. Then create fine meals/stirfry and then salt meat,dried fruits.
Once you got a freezer you don't have need for salted meat,dried fruits anymore.

asquirrel

I remember a mod that would allow me to grow aloe and use it as a medicine?  Is this the one?  How do I grow it if this is the mod?  Do I need to research tier one plants?  Thanks!

Canute

Yes you were right the A16 version got Aloe als minor healing medicin and used for some other medicin recipes.
But at A17 the mod became a medcine overhaul and aloe isn't longer needed.

asquirrel

Quote from: Canute on June 22, 2017, 12:36:38 PM
Yes you were right the A16 version got Aloe als minor healing medicin and used for some other medicin recipes.
But at A17 the mod became a medcine overhaul and aloe isn't longer needed.

Darn. My growers are too stupid to grow healroot and I was hoping to have aloe as a backup.  I saw the medicine kit and it looks like I'd have to grow a whole bunch of stuff to get any medicine for my colonists.  I think it was smokeleaf, cloth and hmm  .  .  . hops?  Something like that with the new recipe.  Oh well.  I still think the mod is good.  I just need to find something to save my colonists while they are working on the skill to grow healroot.

Canute

So long you don't play harcore and take these pawn you got with the 1. rolling, roll roll roll until you got one with passion at growing.
Or use EdB PC, 1 for research, one for craft, one for constr. one for grow. and the last for animals :-)

Canute

dismar,
i notice you can use salt for most regular meal recipes as ingredent.
But salt don't got any nutri. and i tryed to made a simple meal just out of salt but that didn't work.
Looks like the cook just add salt randomly to the meal, if it is in reach.
If this isn't intended, i suggest to move salt from ingredent to resource.