Always remember the shopping center ;)

Started by baekdal, May 12, 2015, 10:05:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

baekdal

Yes yes, I know. Most of you run your colonies like they were prison camps during the apocalypse, but I give you Risa (you know, the pleasure planet?). Here we have spacious houses, a shopping street with rare arms, art (all sold) and fashion stores. A restaurant with a variety of food supplied by the local farms. Not to mention the civic center and hospital. There is also the small local workshop, as well as a huge solar power farm out in the desert.

Granted, it's impossible to defend, but I was playing this on base builder mode ;)

I was about to build the local bar, but then Tynan updated the game and I changed the mods... hence the save file is now completely corrupted. Oh well... there is always New Risa

Oh... and BTW Tynan. One thing I'm missing from Rimworld is toilets/showers. Because we all know that's what the colonist are really doing when they suddenly drop everything and go for a walk outside the base ;)

EscapeZeppelin

I think toilets/showers would be a good addition to the game but if they are added I'd like to see the days extended a little bit to make up for the time spent on vital functions like eating/toilet/fun that soak up hours.

baekdal

Kegereneku

I frankly do not want toilet... however a "shower" as a comfort item that reduce a barely-important risk of diseases... maybe.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

userfredle

+ 1 for showers prison architects really coming along eh guys?

Keychan

Oh how I wish for a trading mechanic for visitors to make a market possible. Ever thought about using the Clutter mod to add more decorations?

Kegereneku

...just wait until there's a trader job using social stat
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

keylocke

why do some people don't wanna see pooping in their game?
i thought that poop-flinging was like pixel piracy's best feature. lel. 

why so delicate in a world full of cannibalism and slavery? ;D

water, thirst, hygiene (pooping and bathing), disease prevention, relationships.

inb4 sims.

why not, right? sims ai needs complexity + rimworld rts battles would be totally badass.

isistoy

I'd also like me some personal toilet moments, influencing joy and pain, during more long lasting days of survival.
You damn simulation nerds!!!
;D
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

Adamiks

Heh hehe heh.... So peaceful Risa.... WITH PRISONERS SLEEPING SPOT IN THE SHOPPING CENTER.

I don't want to judge, but why you have prisoner bed in the locked room with two looms?

Nekomimi

On first pic, there is lot of clothing scattered on ground. So New Risa is "Pleasure planet", huh? :P
Have you fell here from the sky
Have you been trapped under stone
We're all glad that you survive
This is now your only home

Born in the primitive tribe
Joined the pirates in their cove
The past doesn't matter now
The Vault Seven is your home

baekdal

Nekomimi, well... the area where all the clothes are scattered are the 'warehouse' in the back on the fashion store. The fashion store is only the front of that building ;)

Adamiks, Ahh... yes... well... I didn't have a prisoner bed, so I had to quickly improvise :)

Keychan, I have used the clutter mod for many of my other bases, but when I was building this, the clutter mod wasn't updated yet to the version I was using.

Adamiks

Quote from: baekdal on May 13, 2015, 01:15:01 PM
Adamiks, Ahh... yes... well... I didn't have a prisoner bed, so I had to quickly improvise :)

So.... "Peaceful Risa" have prisoners? It's like governor town from TWD.

Toggle

Thing about toilets and showers, showers I can see as they might take even half an hour but the water usage from where? And toilets, toilets could take minutes, so you'd barely even notice and would just be a nuisance having someone go back to the base to use it for a literal second then go back to working.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

isistoy

Hey, it's not a suggestion Thread, relax m8!
Toilets "joy" or "pain" (No paper? Morning one? Hangover and stuff :o)
rofl  :P
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>