Question: Prisoners and clothing

Started by Thandir, May 07, 2015, 02:20:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thandir

Is there anyway to give them clothing? Several of my prisoners are getting hypothermia since I don't have the resources to heat my base up.

TLHeart

create a small stock pile in the prison, for apparel only, stock it and the prisoners will help themselves to the clothing... be aware, once the clothing is in the prison, your colonists can not touch it.

Panzer

Well, thats not quite true, clothing can still be hauled out of prison zones.
You can use the method Heart mentioned or just drop stuff a colonist is wearing, just draft him and go the prison zone and then drop it via the gear menu.
Notice that prisoners in general will only wear stuff covering the chest and legs and ignore anything else, even when they re freezing. If the chest item doesnt provide enough insulation you need to strip them first and haul that piece of clothing out of the zone, else they might wear it again and not that warm parka you dropped for them  ;)

Thandir

Great, that solves the problems with recruits joining with missing limbs :)

Thanks alot!

Ketzal

You might want to double wall and door your prison (if you can).  It helps reduce heat/cold loss.

RickyMartini

Woah didn't even think about zoning in prisons, nice.

Benny the Icepick

Quote from: TLHeart on May 07, 2015, 02:45:28 PM
Create a small stock pile in the prison, for apparel only, stock it and then set fire to it, raising the temperature of the room
Fixed that for you!

winnsanity

Toggle

Quote from: winnsanity on May 07, 2015, 11:50:14 PM
make a fire in prison room

I don't think attempting both heat stroke and hypothermia at the same time would be good for their health.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

Listy

Quote from: Z0MBIE2 on May 08, 2015, 10:53:50 PM

I don't think attempting both heat stroke and hypothermia at the same time would be good for their health.

Don't underestimate the usefulness of the "Emergency camp-fire" approach. Especially as it tells you how long it'll run for.

Rahjital

Yeah, I put a campfire in the prisoner room during a cold snap of -30C, it put the room at pleasant 25C. Unfortunately the prisoners then died by harvested heart, but until then they were quite comfy in there.

Toggle

Ah, campfire. I thought he meant just a flat out fire, which would likely consume everyone and burn down the base.

Benny the Icepick

No, ZOMBIE, that was MY suggestion.

Toggle

Quote from: Benny the Icepick on May 12, 2015, 01:23:11 PM
No, ZOMBIE, that was MY suggestion.
Oh benny, it's everyones suggestion. I don't know how anyone, even I, manage to withhold the chaos that you can provide in Rimworld.