Tribals

Started by TitaniumTurtle, May 07, 2015, 11:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TitaniumTurtle

So I have seen a lot of screen shots and videos, and read mention of tribals, But despite having several hours (quite possibly a couple days) of play time I have never had a single tribal attack. The thought occurred to me that I have been playing on the same world for all my games, and this world has no tribal faction (like the pirates and visitors have factions). Is that why I havent gotten any tribal attacks? because that would be really disappointing.

Tynan

It's possible you're allied with all of them, I think. Check your factions tab in the overview.
Tynan Sylvester - @TynanSylvester - Tynan's Blog

Cimm0

Remember, while their equipment is not going to sell for much unless made of good materials, there's always a need for long pork and leather apparel in the far reaches of known space.

b0rsuk

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on May 07, 2015, 11:33:31 PM
this world has no tribal faction (like the pirates and visitors have factions). Is that why I havent gotten any tribal attacks?
And what did you expect ?

Listen1

Tribals are a great source of money!

Speacilly the new ones, easier to chop them up.

TitaniumTurtle

So I checked and there is actually one tribe, but they are actually my ally. A little disappointed, I wanted to test my defenses against hordes of week enemies, but I guess I will have to start a different colony for that.

Kegereneku

Well, it can be solved quite easily...
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: TitaniumTurtle on May 08, 2015, 10:11:06 AM
So I checked and there is actually one tribe, but they are actually my ally. A little disappointed, I wanted to test my defenses against hordes of week enemies, but I guess I will have to start a different colony for that.
just attack them when they visit. Instant enemy. If they don't visit, wait until someone attacks, call and ask them to help and then attack them instead.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

Toggle

When they visit, if they're in a small area try to box them in by constructing as quick as possible. Throw some explosives, or build a quick turret or use an existing one to fire at em, kill a few, capture a few, they'll be enemies then.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.