Tweaking Operations

Started by ChillinVillian13, July 01, 2016, 09:10:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ChillinVillian13

Ok so I had a colonist having her foot amputated because of an infection and the doctor was level 7 so she knew what she was doing, and then my colonist died because her heart was removed. How the hell does someone screw up something like that her heart is nowhere near her foot what was she doing up by her heart, can you please tweak this so if you fail something near the operated area is messed up not a completely other end of the body. >:(

Tagasaki

Because for every operation, there's a hidden diagnosis to make sure it's not just an infection on her leg. So a procedure has been made and the result is less than desired.

Yeah, this has been going on around and in fact it's quite funny. =D

rexx1888

i mean, its also not funny to the people invested in their colonies.... its clearly a bug, otherwise the operation tab would just say "remove infected part" an then you could argue theres a diagnosis part to the whole thing...

Tagasaki

I mostly see this as a "how long can you survive" game, rather than something to invest emotionally into it.

Although that being said, a surviving colonist that lasts longer than anyone and skilled up pretty high up and then this suddenly occurred can be a pain. A save game is there to roll back and re-roll the "diagnosis" procedure and probably be successful, or continue on.

Thane

All Credit to Muffins in the Paintbrushes thread! ( page 8 )
It is regular practice to install peg legs and dentures on anyone you don't like around here. Think about that.

ChillinVillian13

Shurp

When did Rimworld surgeons start accidentally removing organs?  In a12 the worst I ever had happen was have a colonist get stabbed in the eye during a leg amputation.  We put that down to the doctor sharing his patient's anesthetic prior to the surgery :)  Did they decide to increase the hilarity factor in a13 with random organ removal?

Does this mean that in a14 surgeons will start installing body parts incorrectly?  "Yeah, you still only have one leg, but now you have three arms!!!"
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Tagasaki

ChillinVillian13

Quote from: Shurp on July 02, 2016, 10:04:03 PM
When did Rimworld surgeons start accidentally removing organs?  In a12 the worst I ever had happen was have a colonist get stabbed in the eye during a leg amputation.  We put that down to the doctor sharing his patient's anesthetic prior to the surgery :)  Did they decide to increase the hilarity factor in a13 with random organ removal?

Does this mean that in a14 surgeons will start installing body parts incorrectly?  "Yeah, you still only have one leg, but now you have three arms!!!"
no it means your lucky and probably had a high skilled surgeon

Shurp

So on a somewhat related note, I lost a colonist today due to a polar bear incident.  The bear ripped his leg off, but that's not what killed him.  Instead I tried to install a peg leg and the surgeon screwed up and stabbed him in the chest a few times.  Thing is, he would have survived either, but not both in combination.

Lesson learned: if you have a badly injured colonist, give him time for all his other injuries to heal before you let Doctor Mengele start hacking him.
If you give an annoying colonist a parka before banishing him to the ice sheet you'll only get a -3 penalty instead of -5.

And don't forget that the pirates chasing a refugee are often better recruits than the refugee is.

Mrred1

Doctor: "Let me see, so you say your arm is a little bruised? Let me bandage it"

Colonist: "That's my Heart!"

Doctor: "Do you actually think I went to medical school?!"
"Friendship is like peeing on yourself: everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling that it brings." ~ Robert Bloch ~

ChillinVillian13

its funny when they screw up a surgery badly then I can make a comic describing it but when its a really good colonist then its just annoying

Shurp

I've learned to keep my really good colonist hiding in the barracks while everyone else goes out to collect injuries.

b0rsuk

The doctor tripped on a cat's tail and fell on the patient's heart while holding a scalpel.

Shurp

The moons of Saturn got in his eyes