Your most evil deed ingame?

Started by Tiolas, May 08, 2015, 12:58:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pktongrimworld

locked a converted pirate in a room with a raid group that was from his former crew.

he did not survive.

Euzio

My new A11 game has been throwing me with some pretty useless people. The first wanderer they gave me was decent, the second though... was a 77 year old man with cataracts in both eyes, dementia, frail back, torso pain, and scars or gunshot wounds to legs and arms.... And the only thing he was really good for was crafting because he had a respectable crafting skill level (14) but due to his various ailments... was practically useless.

Then a raid came about and I thought this was my chance to get rid of him, so I sent him out to melee them, and they downed him in not much time at all and were in the midst of capturing him (did not expect them to kidnap, was kinda hoping they'd just kill him) when my last remaining turret shot his kidnapper and they fled. At which point I thought I was never gonna get rid of him and he had fortune on his side because he made a full recovery even though I did not use any meds on him.... It was then that I came to realise that as long as its tribals, they will gladly leave your base once they have captured someone (wasn't aware of this as I never had anyone kidnapped before). Then I got hit by a 2nd raid and this time I was not prepared as my turrets had yet to be rebuilt fully. So I decided to send him out again and this time, the raid downed him and kidnapped him. So its a good thing to know and any new colonists that join my colony now had better be useful else I'd send them out as sacrificial lambs  ;D

milon

Quote from: MailletC on June 27, 2015, 03:28:41 PM
I wouldn't say I'm particularly evil, but I am definitely ruthless in my treatment of prisoners.
Any prisoner I want to recruit goes into my luxury prisoner room. There is a royal bed, a table and chair, a chessboard, flower pots, rugs, heat, air conditioning, lights, and some good artwork. They are fed, and given full medical treatment. Prisoners I recruit must have good shooting or melee skills, and must have a marketable trade, either crafting, art, or cooking.

However, the weak, old, stupid, or nonviolent ones go into my other prison.
Imagine a 3x4 room, enclosed within stone walls. The only furniture is 6 sleeping spots. Prisoners are stripped naked before being locked up. Prisoners receive food but no medicine. Any health complications are dealt with in the 19th century style. Infected limbs are amputated. Wooden peg legs are installed. Regular beatings enforce discipline.
If a prisoner successfully recovers from their wounds, a hunt is scheduled.
The prisoner is scheduled to be released, but upon being taken outside the wall, must attempt to make it to the map edge while being chased and shot at by all of my colonists.
If the prisoner dies, they are buried in a special 'losers' graveyard.
If the prisoner is downed, they are recaptured to start the process all over again.
So far in my current colony, I have captured 26 prisoners.
I have recruited 3 of them.
There are 22 graves outside my perimeter.
One prisoner is awaiting release...

Combine that with some homegrown Xerigium to keep the prisoners from dying, and you've got yourself a military training program.  ;D

Nasikabatrachus

I've noticed that groups of friendly visitors will sometimes make a beeline for my prisoners and attack them. This annoys me; they shouldn't be executing my prisoners. An eye for an eye, though, right? Since my prison is an isolated room deep inside the mountain, it makes for a very convenient trap. All I have to do is lock the door, wait, and I'll soon have some free clothes and guns. There are plenty of spare rooms in case any raids arrive in the meantime.

I've never bothered capturing and converting anyone through this method, although I imagine clever use of heaters could eventually produce a sizable group of helpless pawns ready to be sold to pirates.

Kelian

Quote from: EscapeZeppelin on May 08, 2015, 09:17:35 AM
In a map with only psychically deaf colonists I built a stone temple around the fallen ship part. As the psychic drone grew anything that entered the map was driven to madness within minutes. Raiders would turn on each other as they were driven insane and soon there were too many corpses to even burn. The death cult I had created sealed themselves inside their citadel as the map turned into a wasteland of the dead and the broken husks of would-be conquerors who wander aimlessly until they simply starve to death. The approaches to the temple are literally a blanket of corpses and my colonists didn't kill any of them. Truly their dark god is a great one.

I'm going to try this! Awesome.

shenzya

i always do some "tuning" before releasing my prisoners.
http://imgur.com/E7U4d8J

Lonely Rogue

Do you still get the faction they came from's +15?
Rimworld: A game where you're kept as entertainment for thousand year old robots, and you just don't know it yet.
Any mod requests?

shenzya

Quote from: DDawgSierra on June 30, 2015, 02:42:40 AM
Do you still get the faction they came from's +15?

if they reach the edge of the map yes , but they dies before most of the time, because they are so slooooooooowwww.

Kegereneku

You are using a earlier version then ? I'm pretty sure A10 or A11 had faction recognize horrible act like that.
"Sam Starfall joined your colony"
"Sam Starfall left your colony with all your valuable"
-------
Write an Event
[Story] Write an ending ! (endless included)
[Story] Imagine a Storyteller !

shenzya

Quote from: Kegereneku on June 30, 2015, 06:50:39 AM
You are using a earlier version then ? I'm pretty sure A10 or A11 had faction recognize horrible act like that.

it's a 11.834 and the faction don't care at all xD

TLHeart

Quote from: shenzya on June 30, 2015, 07:02:15 AM
Quote from: Kegereneku on June 30, 2015, 06:50:39 AM

it's a 11.834 and the faction don't care at all xD

that is a bug that will be fixed in the hotfix.

http://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13983.0

MailletC

Quote from: milon on June 29, 2015, 01:10:43 PM
Combine that with some homegrown Xerigium to keep the prisoners from dying, and you've got yourself a military training program.  ;D

I grow lots of herbal meds, and I do run my colonies as a military camp. Now if only I could raid the tribal and pirate bases for a change...

Tumuel

I came up with a great way of killing evil ship parts (someone else probably had the same idea before me, but I did have the idea myself); I make a house around them (out of stone), fill the house with wood and put an incendiary trap in there too. Then I get one guy to stand in the door and shoot the ship, triggering the mechanoids to come out, and obviously they burn up in the fire that follows.
When this happened I noticed that the temperature caps out at 2000°C, which lead me to wonder how hot a room I could achieve without putting a fire in a room, only using the temperature control machines (unfortunately I can't seem to get much more than 150°C).
What is evil about that, you ask? Well, just ask the prisoners I put in the testing room for no reason whatsoever...

TLHeart

Quote from: Tumuel on July 07, 2015, 02:59:35 PM
I came up with a great way of killing evil ship parts (someone else probably had the same idea before me, but I did have the idea myself); I make a house around them (out of stone), fill the house with wood and put an incendiary trap in there too. Then I get one guy to stand in the door and shoot the ship, triggering the mechanoids to come out, and obviously they burn up in the fire that follows.
When this happened I noticed that the temperature caps out at 2000°C, which lead me to wonder how hot a room I could achieve without putting a fire in a room, only using the temperature control machines (unfortunately I can't seem to get much more than 150°C).
What is evil about that, you ask? Well, just ask the prisoners I put in the testing room for no reason whatsoever...

you mean like this for the evil ship

https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=13762.0

nwhite224

So I went to buy a colonist from a slave trader, and I found one with pretty good stats, like 12 cooking and 10 medicine, so I bought her.  Her name was Red.  When she arrived in my kitchen, I noticed she was moving very slowly, and upon looking at her health I saw that she had dementia, two cataracts, a bad back, bite scars on both of her legs, and she was frail.  After some thought, I created a special bedroom specifically for her, in the bottom left corner of the map.  It was a 1x2 room with no floor and a sleeping spot, and she was forced to hike there every day and night, until one night she was incapacitated by a mad rhino and starved to death. 

This game brings something out in me.