Failed Colony: Any hope?

Started by Darkfox190, November 28, 2013, 05:21:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darkfox190

My colony failed - Raiders hit the colony, killed my colonists, and destroyed most of the base.

However, the game allowed me to continue to watch. So far, I've seen notices about people passing by, and more raiders have come to kick apart the walls. However, I need to know - Is it possible for someone to come by, see the base, and move in... Effectively allowing me to restart post-collapse of the previous colony?

Semmy

At the moment not.
I am unsure if tynan will add this in the future. I havent read or heard about it though.
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Edmund Burke

deadwillrise

The weird thing is that a random guy wandered in the map and spontaniously joined my colony.
It was pretty fun seeing one guy trying to repair and rebuild a destroyed colony for 30+ people and he got killed almost instantly when the next wave of raiders arrived.
But it happend to me once in like everytime I played (which is allot) so maybe it's just really rare.
Or it's because of Rhodes...

deadbeat88

Quote from: deadwillrise on November 28, 2013, 09:20:11 AM
The weird thing is that a random guy wandered in the map and spontaniously joined my colony.

Yes it happens. but I never experienced it after my colony got  destroyed(or I never bother to stay to find out.)

If what he says that the game does not end after everything is dead, then its perfectly possible. though, waiting for one to join in would take a while.
Whatever you do, don't do it!

EarthyTurtle

My question is why do the raiders both coming back to knock down the walls? Is it like a raider's anger management class? Go to this destroyed base and knock down walls till you feel better.  ;D

In terms of people coming along and taking up residence, I think it could be cool from a cinematic point of view. But anyone who comes along might not be trying to escape the planet like your colonists were. So wouldn't that kinda change the end game scenario? I mean, from what I read the end game was to construct another spaceship and try escape the planet. I guess it's open to interpretation what everyone's goal is (recruited colonists might not share the same goals anyways).