Request:Allow Fresh Cremation

Started by hector212121, May 10, 2015, 11:25:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hector212121

Basically, a toggle similar to 'allow rotten' on our crematoriums.

Toggle

... Do you mean you want to be able to burn them alive?
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

hector212121

....No?

I mean a toggle for cremating corpses that HAVEN'T started rotting yet.

mipen

You can do that already, that's what they're for

Toggle

Yeah, the crematorium is for all corpses, whether they just died an in-game hour ago, or it's year 99 in-game and the bones of that one colonist who went beserk still reside in that large puddle over on the other side of the map.
Selling broken colonist souls for two thousand gold. Accepting cash or credit.

hector212121

What I mean is, that having the button OFF would allow you to exclusively butcher fresh creatures.

Matthiasagreen

Quote from: hector212121 on May 14, 2015, 06:30:21 AM
What I mean is, that having the button OFF would allow you to exclusively butcher fresh creatures.

I am trying to understand. Currently there is a button that says "allow rotten." When this is checked, rotten corpses and fresh corpses are able to be cremated. When it is not checked, you would only be able to cremate fresh creatures, which sounds like what you are looking for. So unless you were unaware of how the button worked, I am not quite sure what you are wanting.

What currently is not available is the option to only cremate rotten corpses, which would help when trying to get rid of animal corpses that cannot be butchered for me.
Hi, my name is Matthias and I am a Rimworld Addict. It has been five seconds since my last fix...

hector212121

That was what I was asking for.

A toggle exactly like allow rotten only for fresh things, so you can ONLY do something for rotten things, whereas the way it is now you can do something to fresh only, or to rotten and fresh things.

Frankenbeasley

It's not too difficult to have a 'preferred' stockpile for animal corpses, that does not allow rotten, close to your butchers bench. Then you put a 'normal' dumping stockpile that allows rotten corpses by your crematorium. Set the ingredients radius on your crem and your butcher's bench so that they only cover their respective stockpiles. Do that once and, voila, all your fresh corpses will go for butchering and all the rotten flesh and bones gets burned. Haulers and hunters sort things out automatically.

If, however, your kitchen and crematorium are so close to each other that you can't do this, then your colony is way overdue from the health and safety team.
You live and learn. At any rate, you live.  - Douglas Adams