[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

JAVAgamer

How does one get past the black screen when you start the game?
I can't even acess the menu.

notfood

You have deleted the Mods/Core folder, reinstall your Rimworld and don't touch that folder.

ChaoticTabris

Quote from: Sukha on October 28, 2015, 11:59:33 PM
Seeds in this modpack are too tedious. I have 22 colonists and no matter how many steel composers are making seeds there is no way to make this shit sustainable. Its not really needed anyway, manhunter packs fishing and animals provide more than enough meat to survive.
Not to mention food from merchants is cheap.

I just wanted to have a nice farm and spice up the food variety, but seeds are too much micro. Game mechanics are lacking to allow this to work well. You cant set quotas on resource use so that my cooks wouldn't use up all of it and leave some for reseeding.
Why are people bent on cramming shit in just for the sake of variety. Seeds mechanic is at best realistic at worst annoying and buggy.

I have countless problems with the production chains and ezmode in the modpack aswell, but that's for another post lol.
I don't get it... Are they cooking the seeds? Afaik there is no way you can get less seeds than you used when planting, so even if you are not buying new seeds you should have an exponential grow on their numbers. Remember to keep them on a covered area when not planting them so they don't decay by being outside.

Sukha

The more I play this modpack the more I am inclined to think its more tedious than Hardcore or what ever this is advertised to be.
Sieges provide you with free stationary weapons, get 2 medium missile systems and you are set for life. Anything but a Terminator raid gets obliterated the second it steps on the map.
Seeds are fucking annoying, production chains are just plain dumb. I understand the desire for complexity, but when a resource has 5 different production chains that end up in the same outcome resource I cannot but question the logic of the system.
Example:

This chain should look like this: Crude Oil --> Plastic --> Plastic + 1 or 2 different resource from a different source (not crude oil) --> Synthetic Materials.
Same goes for Mechanism and Spare parts. Its the same fucking thing... Its made out of same material, might as well be combined into 1.

Fearle55

Yeah, I know what you guys mean. Personally I like increased resource count and complexity, but honestly some mechanics are just way off. Not to mention if you add zombies apocalypse to the mix, and start game in some unforgiving biome. For me I had 3x "Heat Wave" and 1x "Cold Snap" + 2 Raids + 6 Zombie Raids in 1st half of the year, on Phoebe Challenge. It took me actually 1,5 year (and brink of death many times) until i set up 1st wind turbine...you see the picture.

To me, those production chains feel like they're only there to slow you down, I mean half of the "operations" you have to do are unnecesery (some even not really logical). They only fill your workers time, so they can't do anything else but craft, craft, craft day and night until they're dead from exhaustion. Just "meddle" those items from left to right without much reason.

When it comes to seeds...I ... I.. alredy feel bad thinking about them.. To the next one.. :S

Why can I use charcoal to smelt titanium bar, but I can't use wood logs or charcoal to generate power in coal burner ?:( Are those non flammable or something? They sure burn good from lightning strike!

And worst of all, at least for me was too little info on technologies, and what they unlock, and too little documentation on some resources. For example electronics factory. I needed some "microchip integrated circuits" I knew how to produce them. But how do I know how many electronic components I need to start me off. It wasted me probably 2 stacks of those to finally get what I needed, just becouse I fed them in too little number to factory to actually give it enough time to finish production tick (You either get all, or nothing). I had to look up values in ".xml" file to have general idea about cycle time, becouse it doesn't give you any idea in tooltips or descriptions. Well, only trial and error was an option. (Needed about 32 (Good crafter can make 6 at best, per each craft, and it eats lots of raw meterial to even do 1 craft, especially in early-mid game)).

I mean if you need for example "10 electronic components" to get "1 microchip component", but you feed 12 of "electronic components" it will waste those "2" that sould be leftover from production cycle. It will eat them like coal burner eats coal, without any return for you. It will not use those "2" for next production cycle. Bigger problems start with bigger numbers. Some reasources are hard to come by, or take long to produce. It's bad to waste them like that. I really wish it was made as "bill" to avoid that.

Overall I like the modpack, and I do not bash it in any way. Just giving my observations in hope that one day it will turn out to be greater :D. Need to remember that we probably look on hundreds of hours of worktime as it is.

-Cheers

JAVAgamer

Quote from: notfood on October 29, 2015, 02:02:22 PM
You have deleted the Mods/Core folder, reinstall your Rimworld and don't touch that folder.
Thank You, it worked!

ChaoticTabris

I'm having extreme lag that i'm almost sure is related to having too many animals on my map. It makes the game almost on playable unless it's at night (when the animals are sleeping).

RoughPebble

Quote from: ChaoticTabris on October 30, 2015, 08:50:58 PM
I'm having extreme lag that i'm almost sure is related to having too many animals on my map. It makes the game almost on playable unless it's at night (when the animals are sleeping).

Agreed, same. It helped to play on a smaller map.

ChaoticTabris

Quote from: RoughPebble on October 30, 2015, 10:06:35 PM
Quote from: ChaoticTabris on October 30, 2015, 08:50:58 PM

Agreed, same. It helped to play on a smaller map.
The last thing on my console is this error: "PawnPathPool leak: More paths than pawns". I noticed there is a guy with the same problem some posts above. Guess it's somehow related to Pathfinding, probably coming from EnviroSK.

Sukha

Never noticed any lagg due to animals. Mending tables tho, that shit fked me up. Decreased range on mending tables and was fine afterwards. Just a tip.

Fearle55

From my observations when it comes to lagging you can try to 1) minimize your tables range like someone suggested, set it to 50 or 80 max, the less the better, just haul your item to stockpile first so it will be in "50" range of the table. 2) If you play biome with little number of aggresive animals so they don't kill each other out then amount of pathfinding or whatever they do is high and indeed impact game speed. Just send your hunters to be on their way. Or throw few fire granades and let the work do by itself. 3) I also noticed problems with mods that add many factions, no matter if they are built-in or added by hand. I think that every time you have visitors or some events happen or both, game do some "checks" (relations checks or whatever) that is hard for the engine. Especially when you got many colonists, and lots of commotion on map from animals. 4) Avoid any items that are far from your base, and are set to "green" (allowed to haul). Colonists depending on the range often set path to pick item, and when circumstances like mood change, they drop their path and set path back to base, and when their mood is better they again set path for far away item. It decrese performance by noticable margin sometimes, causes some milisecond stutter lags usually few in a row. Avoid long distance trips.

-Cheers

bigb4486

I've done some searching and can't seem to find any references to the bug I'm currently encountering. An event occurred to send my colonists out to search a ship for 7 days (what mod is this? I couldn't pin it down by reading over the mod list). On their return they were shown as "missing" on the UI, then removed from the UI and colonist tabs all together. They are still walking around doing jobs as normal, I can recruit them to fight, etc. However, I can't manage their priorities and tracking them down is very cumbersome. Any ideas?

LanMc

Quote from: bigb4486 on October 31, 2015, 12:22:48 PM
I've done some searching and can't seem to find any references to the bug I'm currently encountering. An event occurred to send my colonists out to search a ship for 7 days (what mod is this? I couldn't pin it down by reading over the mod list). On their return they were shown as "missing" on the UI, then removed from the UI and colonist tabs all together. They are still walking around doing jobs as normal, I can recruit them to fight, etc. However, I can't manage their priorities and tracking them down is very cumbersome. Any ideas?

The anomaly comes from Miscellaneous by Haplo.  The problem you are having is between EdBInterface and Miscellaneous.  I have had this issue before, but as soon as my Colonists came back I restarted the game and all was well. 

You could also try creating an overall (all colonists) Squad and see if that helps?
Hi, my name is Lan and I am a Rimworld addict...

blutsager

Quote from: Gaest on October 25, 2015, 12:49:49 AM
I do. Bring it on, I'll translate if the scheme is useful.

http://hardcore-sk.ru/

Here is the link to the official page of this mod, all in russian. Second post shows a production line. I was able to translate the page with google translator, but wasnt able to translate the image itself.
Besides that, you might find some usefull information on that page since it looks like the creator of this mod is clearly more fluid in russian so he might post more info on that page than here.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Shtuka on October 13, 2015, 03:36:09 PM
I made a clean installation already and tested with dev mod. Force shields still did not work.

Found incompatibility.. Force shield don't work with combat realism 1.3+