[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Masquerine

You removed the 14.5mm turret from the starting items, but didn't remove the 14.5mm ammo that goes with it. I like the starting shotgun much better. Useful right from the start.

The tech Base Structures II has no description of what it gives. Base Structures III has a pre-requirement of Base Structures I, not II. Is this intentional? Agriculture III is the same way. Requires I instead of II.

Xerigium seems to have 3 techs that can unlock it, which is redundant. Vegetables I, Medicine I and Medical Agriculture I all say they unlock it, but only one of the three is needed to get it.

That's it for now. Love the modpack.

pieronskihahar

I did everything you wrote and im still need wait about 10mins to launch Rimwold. Ofc i do that on fresh install, deleting everything in folder LudeonStudion/Rimworld. Debug? window do not appear. I have win7. Without any mods i got black screen too but then i wait 5 to 10sec. Any ideas?

Grogfeld

@pieronskihahar

There are many reasons that you have black screen but maybe I could help. First of all open as administrator is the most problem solver. I have many problems when I start Rimworld from Desktop or any localization that is somehow to deep in the system. So usually go to C: and create folder Rimworld, or something like that and copy/paste your game. I recommend for everyone to create in folder where you have .exe file folder SaveDate and in this folder another Config and there just copy config XML file from Hardcore SK. This way You have separate instance of Rimworld with different set of configuration and mods install. The last thing you should do is to create shortcut and change properties adding  -savedatafolder SaveData  just like you can read in Readme doc.

Nice nick pieronie ;)

Chestnutcute

Unable to turn logs into mulch in the composer , recipe seems to be wrong.

Just suggestion/wanna know of there is any mod out there that counts the amount of working speed % / movement speed % and allows us to prioritize wearing outfits in skills , for example  I want my colonist to prioritize wearing outfits that increases movement speed thus they will go and wear the best outfit what gives them the best movement speed instead of just randomly choosing the best.

- LT_Infusion (Adds ability to enchant weapon & apparel.) by Latta

Thank you for making this modpack , enjoyed it so far :) cheers

Kais23

So installed the pack like described, and everything seems to work fine except for the work tab. Any ideas as to how to fix it? I've played around with some in game settings and nothing worked.

[attachment deleted due to age]

Jo The Veteran

So I've played a couple of versions to this and the syndicate edition and I've noticed a weird thing with plants. They kinda vanish after I get deeper into the tech tree, I think it's then when it happens or it could be that I'm not looking at my farms for hours when building new tech and it happens after a while. They dissappear like how when frost kills them, only there's no cold, or heat for that matter. Only perfect enclosed hydroponic rooms. Still plants die as if from frost damage. This also happens with the best hydroponic basins, I've cheated in a few to test this out, as well as plain soil. I thought it was a seeds please bug, so I removed it in the syndicate version and I just noticed the bug happened nevertheless.
Is this maybe intentional, kinda like and upgrade to the crops plague, and if yes, is there a process to avoid it? Crafting pesticide or something. Btw I noticed the crops plague never happens now. Any thoughts to this?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Kais23 on December 03, 2015, 01:28:41 PM
So installed the pack like described, and everything seems to work fine except for the work tab. Any ideas as to how to fix it? I've played around with some in game settings and nothing worked.

Strange... You can try to switch off EnhancedTabs and test.

Quote from: Jo The Veteran on December 03, 2015, 01:44:01 PM
So I've played a couple of versions to this and the syndicate edition and I've noticed a weird thing with plants. They kinda vanish after I get deeper into the tech tree, I think it's then when it happens or it could be that I'm not looking at my farms for hours when building new tech and it happens after a while. They dissappear like how when frost kills them, only there's no cold, or heat for that matter. Only perfect enclosed hydroponic rooms. Still plants die as if from frost damage. This also happens with the best hydroponic basins, I've cheated in a few to test this out, as well as plain soil. I thought it was a seeds please bug, so I removed it in the syndicate version and I just noticed the bug happened nevertheless.
Is this maybe intentional, kinda like and upgrade to the crops plague, and if yes, is there a process to avoid it? Crafting pesticide or something. Btw I noticed the crops plague never happens now. Any thoughts to this?

Already testing. Test-3
https://yadi.sk/d/KgtCH9__kwa7p
There are reworked plants research with fix this bug + updated Vegetable Garden.
And new unique idea for food crafting :0

Quote from: gustavoghe on December 01, 2015, 08:37:10 PM
Sky,

Can you take a look at the eletric saw mill table? I think there might be a bug there. Im not able to rightclick it to prioritize tasks. I know its not your mod, but maybe there is a tweak in the configurations to adjust that.

It's a my bug, already fixed in test 2.4b. It's a last test.

Quote from: Masquerine on December 02, 2015, 08:51:20 AM
You removed the 14.5mm turret from the starting items, but didn't remove the 14.5mm ammo that goes with it. I like the starting shotgun much better. Useful right from the start.

The tech Base Structures II has no description of what it gives. Base Structures III has a pre-requirement of Base Structures I, not II. Is this intentional? Agriculture III is the same way. Requires I instead of II.

Xerigium seems to have 3 techs that can unlock it, which is redundant. Vegetables I, Medicine I and Medical Agriculture I all say they unlock it, but only one of the three is needed to get it.

That's it for now. Love the modpack.

Ok. Ammo removed. Tree research is still not completed, still working.

Kais23

Quote from: Kais23 on December 03, 2015, 01:28:41 PM

Strange... You can try to switch off EnhancedTabs and test.

Removed Enhanced Tabs, remade a world, and it still shows up as if it is running. I then physically removed the mod from the mod folder and the tabs show up as if it is installed and the work tab does not work. Any other fixes?

EDIT: Fixed my issue be removing Edb Interface. Don't know what it did but the cause was that mod.

mrphukker

how do i do the get this working.. iv'e been running that %appdata% thingy but it dosent able me to check the mods ingame it keeps telling me its not working etc etc

Skyswimsky

Nice mod pack! Any plans on adding the factions from Rimsenal or Glittertech to it though? And how exactly do I create Droids(Could also add MAI while at it :3?)

TheScriptan

Hey guys! Could someone tell me how do I make mechanism? I can't move forward anymore. I want to start making electricity, but I just don't have mechanism part... :(
EDIT. I got another question. Do I need anything specific to clean up the mess or I am witnessing a bug where I can't clean anything?

polis27

This mod truly hardcore. I am at loss what I should do first. Try to set up security first> Raid come 2 minute after that and demolish everything. Try to make a makeshift bed, boomrat on rampage suddenly. I mean wth. Longest i survive is like 1 hour something. Is either idk how to play or  the ai is got better of me. Tell me what should I prioritize first to avoid early annilihation.

RoughPebble

Hey everyone, just thought I would pop in and wish you luck on your next colony. If you are lost or stuck I have a Let's Play series that might be able to help out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR1Pl4DB5Nc

Masquerine

Quote from: TheScriptan on December 04, 2015, 02:15:14 PM
Hey guys! Could someone tell me how do I make mechanism? I can't move forward anymore. I want to start making electricity, but I just don't have mechanism part... :(
EDIT. I got another question. Do I need anything specific to clean up the mess or I am witnessing a bug where I can't clean anything?

Mechanisms are made from the assembly bench. It takes 30 copper or aluminum bars as well as 10 spare parts. You get 5 mechanisms from it. Spare parts can be made from a few metal types, usually you just set it to steel bars. Other bars are too valuable. Copper comes from mining copper ore, Aluminum comes from Bauxite ore.

As for cleaning, the one mod called "No Cleaning Please" separates cleaning from home zone. Cleaning has it's own zone order in the Architect>Zones/areas>Expand Cleaning Area.

MightyGooga

Quote from: polis27 on December 04, 2015, 03:04:16 PM
This mod truly hardcore. I am at loss what I should do first. Try to set up security first> Raid come 2 minute after that and demolish everything. Try to make a makeshift bed, boomrat on rampage suddenly. I mean wth. Longest i survive is like 1 hour something. Is either idk how to play or  the ai is got better of me. Tell me what should I prioritize first to avoid early annilihation.

Ok I´ll whisper some advice:

1 - Rampup your initial stuff and colonists: This mod is tough, complex and extremely fun, if you are getting a hard time surviving your first hour, dont exitate to load up with, a couple more colonists, some extra food and medicine, and of course, some nice guns. This will give you the edge you need to get through your first year.

2 - World Selection: Get your self a nice and cozy all year around farming maps. Don´t go Boreal freezing like hell, all the animals go away in the winter kind of map. Size matters. Choose small. But this "guide" will also work on harsher climates.

3 - Getting started: Nice kitchen, storage areas, barracks, farming and a cemetery. Yes, a cemetery you will be needing it. Colonists like to hang out sometimes at the graves of friends. Sometimes foes,who can understand human mind.

(Pause): Is it me or we really should be getting some allien races landing and colonizing with us. Hell i want to do rimworld with a race of antman as my workers.

4 - Battles: Remember those guns? Yeah, even if you got a couple of MP4s and some nice gunnery, dont forget to be alert, pause, strategise your moves, kill quickly and swift. You know how to do it.

5 - Happiness: This is hard man... Life is unfair. Make the place look tidy, get some alcaholl going, throw partys at campsites, knock the hell out of who is annoying and behaving like a puss. Thats why i brought that extra medicine.

6 - Farming: Farm various kinds of crops, i forgot to tell you, load up on seeds. You got to farm.

7 - Watch some gamplay on youtube, there are tons, a good ones too. Look the post above me ;)

Thanks guys, im stoned as hell and gonna stop writing. Maybe even do some actually playing. Can i say stoned as hell? Are we under anykind of jurament here that im not aware off? Well. See you soon.