[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

ChrisvAntwerp

Quote from: Canute on April 14, 2016, 05:23:43 AM
When you put the "ModsConfig.xml" into the right place it set the Mod load order for you and anything is fine.
When you get an error with the load order you might put it at the wrong folder.
You should delete the complate Config folder again, Start Rimworld, exit Rimworld.
Then locate the "ModsConfig.xml" at the Config folder, and replace it with the "ModsConfig.xml" from the modpack.
Start Rimworld, create a new world,colony and look if it works.
Quote from: sidfu on April 14, 2016, 01:01:56 PM
Quote from: ChrisvAntwerp on April 14, 2016, 04:12:31 AM
I have just discovered this Modpack through a playthrough on youtube and I can't wait to play it. However, it would seem that I cannot get the modpack working. I have the correct version (version A12d) but when I follow the steps (delete Config, put ModsConfig.xml in there, put in the Mods in the mod folder which was emptied out except for Core) I get errors ingame saying the mods are incompatible with each other, conflicting with each other or are made for other versions of the game, thus disabling them again...

I also don't know if perhaps I am not putting in the correct load order. But then again, there is no load order mentioned here, at least not that I can see?

Is this the correct place to bring up these kind of issues or should I turn to a specific topic for help?

first delte everything. now run rimworld withoout any mods first. u just need to go to the start menu. goahead and set your settings while u there. now go to C:\Users\yourname\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config

and put the modconfig.xml there. now start game and all your mods will already be organized.
the important part is to start the game once without the mod to make sure the folders get created

Thx guys. I tried it, however, now it seems the game won't even start anymore. I have followed the steps, but when I turn my game on, it seems to freeze and the .exe doesn't respond anymore. Is it a matter of giving it some time, or is something else wrong perhaps?

ChrisvAntwerp

Quote from: Canute on April 15, 2016, 08:32:28 AM
What version of Rimworld do you use ?
A12d (RimWorld914)   or
A13  (RimWorld1135).

If you installed A13, the Modpack can't work anymore.
When you installed the Modpack under A12d the loading time can be extended, but when Rimworld don't responce after 5 min there is something wrong.
I am using RimWorld914, the correct version. However, if you say 5 min, I have never given it more than a minute, on account that it seemed to be frozen. So I will try to give it more time and see if it will respond after a while :)

Xandrox

take a look at this thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18146.0
conclusion: Your problems sound like mine, you need to wait and be patient and the game will actually load (can take up to 15 minutes and if you enter the mods menu it takes another 5-10 minutes to open the mods menu and another 10-15 min to exit the mod menu and get back into the main menu)

ChrisvAntwerp

Quote from: Xandrox on April 15, 2016, 08:40:21 AM
take a look at this thread: https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=18146.0
conclusion: Your problems sound like mine, you need to wait and be patient and the game will actually load (can take up to 15 minutes and if you enter the mods menu it takes another 5-10 minutes to open the mods menu and another 10-15 min to exit the mod menu and get back into the main menu)
I got it working. It appeared patience was indeed the problem. Though I still have the luck my computer only takes about 2 min to load. Finally, I can play :D

Thank you everyone for the advice and help!

AutoQQ

I got the mod menu to work, but now I cannot start a new game. I created a new world and a new colony and when I click a location and go to start it, it's as if the button is not working I click it and nothing hapens.

Mikk36

Quote from: Canute on April 15, 2016, 12:58:06 PM
You don't need to do anything with the Mod menu.
Try to read the installation instructions again and try to follow it.
This Modpack is different from regular Mods at the installation.

Don't try to add additional mod. And you don't need to open the Mod menu. If you installed anything right, the Rimworld Main menu will look different then the regular one.
Try to run Rimworld at engl. or russian at first, not sure if the mod got translated into a different lang. then these.
I had no issues adding in additional mods through the mod menu.

goonygoogoo

Loving this modpack, great stuff
Curious whether its all or nothing though, can i disable any of the mods safely, zombies for instance?
also will the alpha13 version be on this page or do i need to keep an eye out somewhere else? Thanks

winowmak3r

You should be safe to turn off zombies. I've done it before without issue. You might need to start a new world though.

I'd keep an eye out on the main page of this thread

goonygoogoo

Anyone know how the saturated soil compares to rich and tilled soil? Does not have the fertility info in the help menu like the others do and i cant find the mod it comes from for any info, shows up under buildings too. Curious if it is balanced with the tilled ones seeing as it requires no research.

Elimenator8970

For a while now, I've been getting an error that pretty much ruins my game. It's happened on multiple generated worlds and colonies, and the error always seems to pop up when I'm doing well. It slows down my game to the point that I can only play smoothly on the 1x Speed setting, essentially forcing me to start a new colony unless I want to wait 3x as long as I'm used to for something to get done. Any solutions?

(Image of error is in attachments)

Edit: I managed to figure out what the problem was, it's something to do with the trade beacon being under a roof. https://gyazo.com/834550374c48ac81ba4f27a07e05b4da

[attachment deleted by admin - too old]

deadlyexodus

i've been getting an error which causes me to be unable to trade : http://imgur.com/xgeCXVp anybody knows how to fix this?

kodapa

Quote from: deadlyexodus on April 18, 2016, 03:04:38 PM
i've been getting an error which causes me to be unable to trade : http://imgur.com/xgeCXVp anybody knows how to fix this?

Read the last posts. You need at least one beacon without any roof built over it.

Agent00Soul

I almost can't play without this mod now.

It has ruined me.

roy2x

The hyperloom is missing the bill to make interactor cloaks.

edit: Is it possible for me to add it myself? Seeing as you are busy for the a13 release and all.

Elimenator8970

For some reason, this modpack has been ridiculously hard for me lately. Despite the fact that I'm on Basebuilder Phoebe Chillax, the storyteller just hit me so hard that no matter what I did, I got completely annhilated.

It was the event that throws multiple raids at you - this time, it was four in total (three groups of the giant insects and one Bloodmoon group, well-equipped with guns and armor). Not only that, but it decided that an impossible-to-defeat raid event wasn't quite enough, and threw some mechanoids at me too. And those god damn Extraterrestrial railguns are SERIOUSLY overpowered. Long-range, high-damage 110% armor penetration is kind of ridiculous.

To top it all off, Phoebe threw in some Alphabeavers to munch away at the little forest I had left from an undealt-with poison ship and two toxic fallouts.

The difficulty of this modpack can be way more ridiculous than Vanilla at times, and usually I end up feeling very cheated. Are there any plans for some sort of re-balancing?