[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Geroj

Downloaded testing version this morning, so far so good, only few problems
1. components are called spare parts
2. when roof collapsed it hit ammo and damaged it to some 20% health, some kind of effect like when something going to explode in vanilla is played but ammo is not exploding or anything, confused one of my colonist and she started to do nothing and just walk around damaged ammo, refusing to eat or sleep - had no idea what bugged her for some time until I found out its that damaged ammo
3. RPK-74 is actually assault rifle Galil made by IWI

btw what the hell are those mutants? One appeared from nowhere, killed 3 traders going to my colony and spawned 3 other mutants. Are they spawning from colonists or travelers in some random event?

Garr1971

Quote from: Geroj on May 23, 2016, 04:19:23 PM
Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!! I can see the level of your knowledge)))
...балбес...

arirawr

Quote from: Geroj on May 23, 2016, 04:19:23 PMbtw what the hell are those mutants? One appeared from nowhere, killed 3 traders going to my colony and spawned 3 other mutants. Are they spawning from colonists or travelers in some random event?

There's an event that turns a random person into a monster, then anyone killed by the monster will also rise up as one. I don't remember but they might also have the ability to raise stuff that died well before the first monster came if they just walk near a body.

Galil is more or less an Israeli remake of the RPK design, friend.

Geroj

Quote from: Garr1971 on May 24, 2016, 08:31:24 AM
Mwa-ha-ha-ha!!!! I can see the level of your knowledge)))
...балбес...
I meant that ingame weapon named RPK74 is actually Galil, you misunderstood, my knowledgeable балбес
Quote from: arirawr on May 24, 2016, 11:52:34 AM
Quote from: Geroj on May 23, 2016, 04:19:23 PMbtw what the hell are those mutants? One appeared from nowhere, killed 3 traders going to my colony and spawned 3 other mutants. Are they spawning from colonists or travelers in some random event?

There's an event that turns a random person into a monster, then anyone killed by the monster will also rise up as one. I don't remember but they might also have the ability to raise stuff that died well before the first monster came if they just walk near a body.

Galil is more or less an Israeli remake of the RPK design, friend.

Galil is remake of RK62 which is finnish distant version of first kalashnikov rifles, RPK74 is machinegun variant of AK74, so I still dont understand what RPK74 have to do with Galil, that picture is clearly Galil rifle and not RPK74 (edit -yeah I now know you misunderstood me)

To that "abomination" thing - I think they just create another abominations from dead bodies(I guess from what they kill), they never rot for some reason and my colonists passed them like thousand time already(as I have 10 of them dead around map) and nothing, there is this even when someone is injured in a crashed pod and so far I had 100% probability that I get abominations from them so thats probably some kind of bug or just not finalized feature or I just dont understand this

Mechanos

Quick question for the A13 version, since I keep seeing mention of ammo.  Are enemies forced to use ammunition too?  All of them?  I sincerely hope so, as if not, it's not going to be very fun running out of ammo during prolonged bad RNG.

Also, will there be an option to turn off ammunition usage?

Sxmbra

Good morning , I downloaded the new version A13, and I have a problem when I start the game remains frozen in ' generating Helps ' ' and does not advance , I waited until five minutes but nothing. any solution? I do not know what to do.    :-\

Fafn1r

Quote from: Mechanos on May 24, 2016, 02:53:51 PM
Quick question for the A13 version, since I keep seeing mention of ammo.  Are enemies forced to use ammunition too?  All of them?  I sincerely hope so, as if not, it's not going to be very fun running out of ammo during prolonged bad RNG.

The whole point of Combat Realism is that both player and AI have to use ammo.

Use bows in the beginning to preserve gun ammo. If you have a good bunker with embrasures you can easily defeat twice as much tribals using the same weapons as them.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Sxmbra on May 25, 2016, 05:06:25 AM
Good morning , I downloaded the new version A13, and I have a problem when I start the game remains frozen in ' generating Helps ' ' and does not advance , I waited until five minutes but nothing. any solution? I do not know what to do.    :-\

I *think* I remember seeing earlier in this thread there was a way to start the game without the help, for what I am guessing is probably just this case. I'd recommend searching the thread or start reading it going backwards until you find where they post about that.

Geroj

4. Abomination spawn from pod crash is 100%
5. Abomination not rotting
6. predators and all other animals are not attacking colonists when they are shot at
7. mending workbench not working

Kirinya

Quote from: Sxmbra on May 25, 2016, 05:06:25 AM

It will eventually start, but may take 10 minutes (at least on my system).

To get rid of the problem for now:
Create a shortcut to your Rimworld installation (http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/create-keyboard-shortcuts-open-programs#1TC=windows-7).
Right click on the shortcut, select 'Properties', go to Field 'Target' and put the content there in double quotes.
After that, add '-nohelp' after the double quote.

Start Rimworld by double clicking on the shortcut.
Enjoy :)

Shushei

Hello, I have a problem with A13.
I cannot grow Devilstrand although theres no more agricultures research to be done. Neither in ground neither in hydroponics I dont have a choice ( i have 5 seeds )
Any help ? Is it a bug maybe ? visual i mean.

Mechanos

Quote from: Nimander on May 25, 2016, 05:21:08 AM

Use bows in the beginning to preserve gun ammo. If you have a good bunker with embrasures you can easily defeat twice as much tribals using the same weapons as them.

Firstly, I'm mainly worried about enemies like robots that have weapons that normally don't drop.  It would be annoying if they got infinite ammo while everything else had to use ammo.  Secondly, A12d version doesn't have ammo usage and works fine.  Whatever "point" you personally want to make isn't as important as smooth gameplay in the long run, and this game works well without ammunition.  If the inclusion of ammunition works smoothly, then my worry is unwarranted.  But if I suddenly find that ammo is difficult to obtain, or that actors can't carry much ammunition at once and frequently have to run off to grab more, you can bet I'm going to find a way to make it cheaper or remove the mod that adds it all together to prevent a major kink in the game flow.

Shushei

Quote from: Mechanos on May 25, 2016, 03:43:09 PM
Quote from: Nimander on May 25, 2016, 05:21:08 AM

Firstly, I'm mainly worried about enemies like robots that have weapons that normally don't drop.  It would be annoying if they got infinite ammo while everything else had to use ammo.  Secondly, A12d version doesn't have ammo usage and works fine.  Whatever "point" you personally want to make isn't as important as smooth gameplay in the long run, and this game works well without ammunition.  If the inclusion of ammunition works smoothly, then my worry is unwarranted.  But if I suddenly find that ammo is difficult to obtain, or that actors can't carry much ammunition at once and frequently have to run off to grab more, you can bet I'm going to find a way to make it cheaper or remove the mod that adds it all together to prevent a major kink in the game flow.

Hey Ammo is quite easy to obtain. Depending on Ammo type though. The cheaper more standart ammo can be made as quicly as in around day 2/3 ( from my experience ) dont remeber which research does it but you can unlock ammo crafting bench easy. Then you just need some iron ore and nitre to make gunpowder and then some alloys to make the ammo type you need.. Also pawns can carry more than enough ammo ( again depends on ammo though) The smaller ammo is no problem and if you want to carry 100+ rockets or lots of shotgun shells then it might be a problem.

Mechanos

Quote from: Shushei on May 25, 2016, 04:00:24 PM
Hey Ammo is quite easy to obtain. Depending on Ammo type though. The cheaper more standart ammo can be made as quicly as in around day 2/3 ( from my experience ) dont remeber which research does it but you can unlock ammo crafting bench easy. Then you just need some iron ore and nitre to make gunpowder and then some alloys to make the ammo type you need.. Also pawns can carry more than enough ammo ( again depends on ammo though) The smaller ammo is no problem and if you want to carry 100+ rockets or lots of shotgun shells then it might be a problem.

May not be an issue then.  Thx for the info.

Skyswimsky

Hey, I found two bugs in the A12s 2.5 version of the game, I wouldn't mind somebody telling me where I can fix that stuff myself as I have some knowledge in that regards.

First, the colony manager, say you want 100 Stone and you currently have 90, now one stone cutting jobs gives you like 25 Stone Blocks I believe? The manager is assigning to do the job 0 times, which I simply assume is a rounding down error that can easily be fixed if I'd know where I have to look for.

The other has to do with Mammoths, Centipedes and Combat Realism, those little buggers ain't bothering using their giant boomsticks at all because of that. Now, considering my game takes a millennium to load and this problem is apparently common(A friend of mine got it too) I assume it probably came up here or there already, though I wasn't able to find it. So yeah, those big mechanoid insects don't bother being threatening at all and instead go full-meele on buildings until they find a colonist and just bug out completely.