[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

kaptain_kavern

ThomasCro

kaptain_kavern

Are you sure you have ticked "fresh" to be allowed in the stockpile. At the top of the list?
(Just seen on Reddit someone having this particular problem, and yeah it's easy to not noticing it if you just click on "clear all" before)

Griffith

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 16, 2016, 10:02:40 PM
Are you sure you have ticked "fresh" to be allowed in the stockpile. At the top of the list?
(Just seen on Reddit someone having this particular problem, and yeah it's easy to not noticing it if you just click on "clear all" before)

I was completely oblivious to this. Im almost positive it wasnt like that in the previous SK or any Rimworld game ive played. Thankyou for pointing out how ridiculously stupid I am hahahaha

eskoONE

Quote from: x3nit on August 15, 2016, 10:35:45 PM
I have a question, where is the best place to report bugs ?

Edit: I get another bug for raid not being able to spawn.

http://imgur.com/ypJeDnf

i do have the same issue. are we the only ones who do have this issue?

Zakhad

Quote from: eskoONE on August 16, 2016, 11:23:44 PM

What version are you running on I've not had it with the github version.

eskoONE

Quote from: Zakhad on August 16, 2016, 11:47:49 PM

im not sure. ive downloaded the megaload version i think. prolly should try the github version.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Griffith on August 16, 2016, 11:10:01 PMI was completely oblivious to this. Im almost positive it wasnt like that in the previous SK or any Rimworld game ive played. Thankyou for pointing out how ridiculously stupid I am hahahaha
Hey It wasn't my intention ;-) And your right it's a new features that came from Muzzy Utils mod (not I spelled it right)

Quote from: eskoONE on August 16, 2016, 11:54:01 PM
Quote from: Zakhad on August 16, 2016, 11:47:49 PM

im not sure. ive downloaded the megaload version i think. prolly should try the github version.
I can't read the red error messages. Can you post what it says?

Patitodo

Quote from: BlackSmokeDMax on August 16, 2016, 07:25:07 PM
Quote from: Goo Poni on August 16, 2016, 06:44:23 PM
Quote from: Patitodo on August 16, 2016, 05:55:35 PM
Hi.

I try to play as a Lost Tribe, but i'm really lost. Everything needs mechanism, but is impossible to get some. Not from the map, not crafting, can't trade...

How can I do something apart of hunt animals and harvest?

The broken ship parts around the map provide the components, wiring and mechanisms for your start instead of just having them dropped with you at the start. Go find them and tear them all down. Should be solid for more than long enough to get several benches and a couple researches going before you need to start building more.

Yeah, they make it probably a bit too easy, there is so many. In the A12 version you had to be very careful of your build order, now it seems there is quite a bit of freedom. Dunno, maybe that's better, not sure yet.

Thanks, but there's not ship chunks in my tribe start. I only could pick components from mining "compacted" ones, on the map there are only rock chunks. No metal ore, no silver, no meals, no metal chunks and no ship chunks.

Adventurer

I'd really like to know why changing the core files is necessary. It really isn't legal to distribute those in the first place as they're copyrighted game assets.

kaptain_kavern

To me it's not necessary but that's how the modpack is done since a while.

Also I'm not a legal expert at all but I don't see the difference between providing modded files in folder named Core or in a folder named something else. The changes are the same it's just a matter of naming. I mean to do a mod we all basically copy/paste content from core files, so i clearly don't see the difference

Plus I don't remember Tynan raising any complaint about this particular mod or modpack

Speaking of that :
Quote from: Patitodo on August 17, 2016, 02:12:42 AM
Thanks, but there's not ship chunks in my tribe start. I only could pick components from mining "compacted" ones, on the map there are only rock chunks. No metal ore, no silver, no meals, no metal chunks and no ship chunks.

Are you sure have done a proper installation as described in the first post ?

QuoteNEVER reinstall mod pack over previous version! You hear me?! NEVER. You must  DELETE all from Mods folder except Core folder,  then pack off new version of HС SK with rewrite of Core folder, after – repack ModsConfig to ....\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config.
Because it seems like you just miss some changes

Patitodo

I just tried 5 restarts as a tribe but there aren't any ship chunk. Is a broken scenario?

Zakhad

Quote from: Patitodo on August 17, 2016, 02:39:28 AM
I just tried 5 restarts as a tribe but there aren't any ship chunk. Is a broken scenario?

Prepare carefully breaks the map gen so you won't have any as far as I can tell if you're using it, but I doubt you are but just in case.

Just wait for one to fall like I did (1 whole season of raspberry's and eating corpses), or you can spawn one in if your really impatient (esc, dev mode *tool try to place near, ship chunk*)

Adventurer

QuoteAlso I'm not a legal expert at all but I don't see the difference between providing modded files in folder named Core or in a folder named something else. The changes are the same it's just a matter of naming.

It is completely unnecessary. You have to include ALL the core files every time creating unnecessary bloat (if you don't, a revert could force users to verify their cache or reinstall the game). It also makes it much more difficult for new modders to convert to a new version if the current maintainer moves on.  Redistributing the assets of any copyrighted game is typically a big no-no. And it isn't really clear what the modified Core files even do, or why we need Core AND Core_SK.

There's just no good reason to do this.

Patitodo

Quote from: Zakhad on August 17, 2016, 03:55:20 AM
Quote from: Patitodo on August 17, 2016, 02:39:28 AM

Prepare carefully breaks the map gen so you won't have any as far as I can tell if you're using it, but I doubt you are but just in case.

Just wait for one to fall like I did (1 whole season of raspberry's and eating corpses), or you can spawn one in if your really impatient (esc, dev mode *tool try to place near, ship chunk*)

Mmmm, ok, I didn't know that it can fall from the sky. Many thanks!!

I'm playing on extreme desert biome, so eat until I can do something new will be... funny hahaha

Again, thanks a lot to all.