[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Zakhad

Quote from: Adventurer on August 17, 2016, 04:05:32 AM
QuoteAlso I'm not a legal expert at all but I don't see the difference between providing modded files in folder named Core or in a folder named something else. The changes are the same it's just a matter of naming.

It is completely unnecessary. You have to include ALL the core files every time creating unnecessary bloat (if you don't, a revert could force users to verify their cache or reinstall the game). It also makes it much more difficult for new modders to convert to a new version if the current maintainer moves on.  Redistributing the assets of any copyrighted game is typically a big no-no. And it isn't really clear what the modified Core files even do, or why we need Core AND Core_SK.

There's just no good reason to do this.

I think it comes down to the modding community not being advanced enough or a need to have something equivalent to minecrafts forge due to a lack of mainstreaming, we have the community core library which is essentially a lite version of forge for compatibility. I guess it could be modified towards as a full resource api to pull from so that mods don't directly modify or touch the core folders and are able to play nice together. Honestly take what I say with a pinch of salt I really don't know enough, I'm just extrapolating.

Zakhad

Quote from: Patitodo on August 17, 2016, 04:42:18 AM
Quote from: Zakhad on August 17, 2016, 03:55:20 AM
Quote from: Patitodo on August 17, 2016, 02:39:28 AM
I just tried 5 restarts as a tribe but there aren't any ship chunk. Is a broken scenario?

Prepare carefully breaks the map gen so you won't have any as far as I can tell if you're using it, but I doubt you are but just in case.

Just wait for one to fall like I did (1 whole season of raspberry's and eating corpses), or you can spawn one in if your really impatient (esc, dev mode *tool try to place near, ship chunk*)

Mmmm, ok, I didn't know that it can fall from the sky. Many thanks!!

I'm playing on extreme desert biome, so eat until I can do something new will be... funny hahaha

Again, thanks a lot to all.

Try and cultivate a hive system where you raid the insect jelly each night while you got very little to do waiting for the heavens to open up. Or you could try your lucky with an ancient danger room and hope for something that's able to be disassembled into mechanisms etc.

Tgr

Quote from: Adventurer on August 17, 2016, 02:15:28 AM
I'd really like to know why changing the core files is necessary. It really isn't legal to distribute those in the first place as they're copyrighted game assets.

C'mon buddy, they're useless to anyone without a functioning build, configured in the right order, etc. This isn't exactly ripping models from one game to upload to the Steam workshop of another.

Tgr

unless these duplicated assets can somehow be used to enable pirates to upgrade prior versions there's no issue, and even if they could, this isn't really something mod creators should be worried about

Zakhad

So after 10 or so hours of playing, I died from the various cat event firing in quick succession. Some lost cats have decided to join your colony (Great more mouths to feed), a Feenix has decided to wonder into your territory 5 seconds later a Icecat has also decided to wander into your territory. The cold snap kills the pheenix, (yey free living fire) I might as well bag a living frost while I'm at it, waits for it to sleep, then surrounds it a group of heafty 40 damage clever's that the ogre's kindly donated to the colony, after bagging a living frost for the freezer and having a living fire act as free central heating I'm not really worried about the cold snap. But woe to me, 10 minutes later more cats have decided to join the colony, at the time I didn't really think about the rectification of having so many cats. It wasn't until I start getting chain berserking from starvation, I was like hang on I swear I had like 500 or so raw meat and 50 or so roasted meats just a sec ago... Nope 20 or so cats decimated my 500 or so surplus of food in the middle of winter,(Cold snap no animals on map all fled) and I was like blergh can't be bothered + new updates usually means I need to restart, was an interesting little anecdote that I thought to share. *Cat soup's anyone? I couldn't put myself to killing the poor little fuzz balls of death :P

Zakhad

Quote from: TREH on August 17, 2016, 05:38:20 AM
I'd really like to know why changing the core files is necessary. It really isn't legal to distribute those in the first place as they're copyrighted game assets.

C'mon buddy, they're useless to anyone without a functioning build, configured in the right order, etc. This isn't exactly ripping models from one game to upload to the Steam workshop of another.

*Cough skyrim (Orginal) monster mod cough*

Adventurer

Okay, that was one reason out of four why it wasn't the best idea to modify core files. Is there a single good reason for doing so?

This seems like a very poor coding practice, and I just thought of another reason: It's going to make bugs very hard to track down to the root cause.

SirDerpface

I made a new colony and I can't do anything, everything I do produces an error and the colonist just stands there (Tried woodcutting)

katjezz

Is it possible to use this version of combat realism without actually using the modpack?

Jalordon

Sometimes solar flares bug out and occur unannounced and do not end (had for 12+ hours in game time, also causes fps to drop considerably)

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at SK.Events.IncidentWorker_SolarFlareSubEventA.TryExecute (RimWorld.IncidentParms parms) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/UnityEngineDebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 37)

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker_MakeMapCondition.UsableNowSub () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentWorker.UsableNow (Boolean queueing) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.IncidentQueue.IncidentQueueTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Storyteller.StorytellerTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.TickManager.DoSingleTick () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0

The first error logged occurs once while the second occurs every tick.

I had this issue two times, the first time I tried to use the development mode tool to end the solar flare but it came back the tick after force ending it. I forgot to try it the second time that it occured.

(I added prepare carefully so I don't know if that somehow affects this issue)

edit: again an unrelated note, feels like some of animals lack the ability to retaliate like how a grizzly bear will have 'revenge' if attacked. Notably so for raptors which feel like they should fight back.

milon

I'm not Tynan, but my reading of the EULA permits this.  The art sources are already available in another thread, and the XML is broken down pretty thoroughly in my modder's guide and in other places.  There isn't much AFAIK that this mod makes public that wasn't already public.  In addition, the mod itself isn't useful to anyone who doesn't have RimWorld.  It's not even useful to someone with an outdated version since the game engine itself is constantly being changed.

As for why it's necessary, I've not used the modpack, but I recall reading a LONG time ago that it was (then) the only way to accomplish everything needed to make the modpack work.  I'm guessing that's still the case or they wouldn't overwrite Core.  But that's just a guess.

Szara

I'd just like to add my wholehearted and enthusiastic (verbal) support for getting EdB Prepare Carefully working properly with the Hardcore SK modpack.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

notfood

Skyark, you can load a mod before Core.

It's not necesary for the mod pack to write into Core. There are no valid reasons for it.

Se7en

Quote from: notfood on August 17, 2016, 12:56:11 PM
Skyark, you can load a mod before Core.

It's not necesary for the mod pack to write into Core. There are no valid reasons for it.

No one cares dude