[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Griffith

Quote from: Marduk on August 27, 2016, 06:10:48 PM
Quote from: TrashMan on August 27, 2016, 09:51:15 AM

I know very well how to play, but it's not FUN.
It's tedious. Adding new pointless ores adds NOTHING. They are just...there. Cluttering my map and my resource list.What exactly have you accomplished by replacing steel with Stahalmite, Plassteel with Unobtenium and so on? They serve the same purpose, but the player now has together with new names for the exact same stuff.
And what's the point of adding new fantasy ores, unless they bring something unique or interesting with them.

Look at the new ore's info. They all have different stats, making allowing you to make better items and furniture if you use the right ore or other material. Say, you want to make an awesome sword? You look for an ore with high sharp damage stat, and preferably low melee cooldown too. Tin would suck with 50%, steel is ok with 100%, aluminium is nice with 90% and 70% cooldown, and stein is great with 140% sharp damage.
So no, they aren't pointless. Yes, it involves lots of micromanagement and confusing choices or options, but hey, i for one play the hardcore mod exactly for that.

Other material specific hint, before you can make the more advanced medical beds and use normal beds as medical ones, make them of lacosdile skin, it has really nice bonuses to treatment and immunity gain speed. That's what i love about this mod, there is a crapload of materials, and each of them has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages for every use.

I sorta have all my "textiles" setup in their respective stockpiles. 1 for furniture, 2 for hospital beds and 3 for armor.

Dudok22

Some bugs I encountered while playing build from August 27th.
-Resources keep disappearing from pallets (for example my Nitre stack of 386 that was on pallet got reduced to their normal max stacking number, 300) when I load my saved game.
-It seems that infrastructure research doesn't increase Battery Efficiency. It is still on 50% when I click on battery.

blub01

It's tedious. Adding new pointless ores adds NOTHING. They are just...there. Cluttering my map and my resource list.What exactly have you accomplished by replacing steel with Stahalmite, Plassteel with Unobtenium and so on? They serve the same purpose, but the player now has together with new names for the exact same stuff.
And what's the point of adding new fantasy ores, unless they bring something unique or interesting with them.

Look at the new ore's info. They all have different stats, making allowing you to make better items and furniture if you use the right ore or other material. Say, you want to make an awesome sword? You look for an ore with high sharp damage stat, and preferably low melee cooldown too. Tin would suck with 50%, steel is ok with 100%, aluminium is nice with 90% and 70% cooldown, and stein is great with 140% sharp damage.
So no, they aren't pointless. Yes, it involves lots of micromanagement and confusing choices or options, but hey, i for one play the hardcore mod exactly for that.

Other material specific hint, before you can make the more advanced medical beds and use normal beds as medical ones, make them of lacosdile skin, it has really nice bonuses to treatment and immunity gain speed. That's what i love about this mod, there is a crapload of materials, and each of them has its own sets of advantages and disadvantages for every use.

I would still be nice if the new materials were differentiated by more than some stats. of course, your point is correct, but I believe the game would still be much more interesting if you actually NEEDED each of them for something specific, instead of them just being better at it. it would also highlight the different materials more, make them more than just something that is nice to have.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Marduk

Quote from: blub01 on August 28, 2016, 11:27:20 AM

I would still be nice if the new materials were differentiated by more than some stats. of course, your point is correct, but I believe the game would still be much more interesting if you actually NEEDED each of them for something specific, instead of them just being better at it. it would also highlight the different materials more, make them more than just something that is nice to have.
Some of them are, category wise, needed for certain uses.  Say, want to make armor piercing ammo? You generally need deplated uranium. For electrical stuff, you often need metals that are conductives, can't use, say, tin alloy for these. Limitations like that generally pop up higher on the tech tree. Most things can be made out of some different materials, but its realistic, and making artificial restrictions there would be just making the game needlessly harder and prone to screw you on map generation.

Szara

What I'd really like for all the materials is an easy to read table listing out all the materials and the various effects they will have. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to go through the architect menu and select all the materials each time I want to see what I have on hand that is the best for a given type of bed, for example. The production buildings are easy apparently, the best work speed is always at the bottom of the list when you click for material.

Adding the materials and their effects to the help menu would work really well, maybe not quite as quick as a table, but useful because it'd be ingame.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Chiasm

Items made of metal and wood (pickaxe for example) sometimes end up getting made from wood instead of the metal. Is there a reason this happens? In the case of tools it doesn't really matter, but for melee weapons it would suck to end up with a wood sword. :)

blub01

Quote from: Szara on August 28, 2016, 12:00:27 PM
What I'd really like for all the materials is an easy to read table listing out all the materials and the various effects they will have. It's a bit of a pain in the ass to go through the architect menu and select all the materials each time I want to see what I have on hand that is the best for a given type of bed, for example. The production buildings are easy apparently, the best work speed is always at the bottom of the list when you click for material.

Adding the materials and their effects to the help menu would work really well, maybe not quite as quick as a table, but useful because it'd be ingame.

maybe a new menu tab that is a spreadsheet showing all the different values, highlighting best/worst for each category, and maybe allows sorting after certain categories. also, while we're at it, the bar is kind of messy with so many tabs down there. some kind of UI rework would probably be helpful.
Quote from: Zobaken on September 02, 2015, 12:37:37 AM
1. Please make people unable to move through deep waters. I don't like raiders cosplaying Jesus.

Szara

Quote from: Chiasm on August 28, 2016, 02:04:52 PM
Items made of metal and wood (pickaxe for example) sometimes end up getting made from wood instead of the metal. Is there a reason this happens? In the case of tools it doesn't really matter, but for melee weapons it would suck to end up with a wood sword. :)

When you make the crafting/smithing bill, click details and go into materials and deselect wood, or any other material you don't want the item to be made from.
Yest' chelovék, yest' probléma. Net chelovéka, net problémy.
If there is a person, there is a problem. If there is no person, then there is no problem.

Chiasm

Quote from: Szara on August 28, 2016, 04:45:02 PM
Quote from: Chiasm on August 28, 2016, 02:04:52 PM

When you make the crafting/smithing bill, click details and go into materials and deselect wood, or any other material you don't want the item to be made from.
Tools (pickaxe, hammer etc) require both crafted wood and alloy. If you deselect crafted wood you can't make the item. Doesn't seem to happen to any weapons as they only require alloy, but it is still a little annoying.

malgrumm

i wonder how long its going to take to update the modpack, the Steam version just got updated to A15  :'( :(

Crazytoast42

Ok. I spent a long time researching and getting things because I can't find nickel deposits and needed the advanced mining rig to get nickel.

Every time I make it, it says the supports collapsed and it destroys itself into metal slag. What am I doing wrong.

Edit: Okay. So apparently if I don't place it exactly perfect (I went into debug mode because this was getting infuriating for such a pricey building) it'll just destroy itself with no refunds. This modpack is a bit... difficult and ridiculous at times.

Patitodo

Quote from: malgrumm on August 28, 2016, 05:10:36 PM
i wonder how long its going to take to update the modpack, the Steam version just got updated to A15  :'( :(

You can easily revert to A14 in beta section.

malgrumm

Quote from: Patitodo on August 28, 2016, 08:01:13 PM

i didn't know that, i'll have to have a look at that.

Zakhad

Quote from: malgrumm on August 28, 2016, 08:06:23 PM

As a general rule always consider modpacks 1 update behind the latest version. One good thing did happen with alpha 14 release for Rimworld on steam, is that Tynan publicly allows people to play the pre release for an update via experimental branch of steam (Steam owners only) which was intended for modders to get advanced notice on upcoming changes to the code. Which translates to us the end users getting mods or modpacks quicker.

Edit - Several mods are already at alpha 15 because of this and its not even day 2 yet :P

malgrumm

Quote from: Zakhad on August 28, 2016, 09:58:54 PM
Quote from: malgrumm on August 28, 2016, 08:06:23 PM

As a general rule always consider modpacks 1 update behind the latest version. One good thing did happen with alpha 14 release for Rimworld on steam, is that Tynan publicly allows people to play the pre release for an update via experimental branch of steam (Steam owners only) which was intended for modders to get advanced notice on upcoming changes to the code. Which translates to us the end users getting mods or modpacks quicker.

Edit - Several mods are already at alpha 15 because of this and its not even day 2 yet :P

i'll keep that in mind for the future then!