[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

caesius

Quote from: Dudok22 on December 02, 2016, 09:17:55 AM
ohh new version! I am looking forward to start a new colony after I finish the current one. I would do it right away but current one is my longest lasting Hardcore SK colony.

how about using the stargate? i used it and transported all pawns and items.

Crazytoast42

Anyone have any tips on meeting food? With the seed requirements, I find it really hard to meet food demands in a reliable manner. I usually end up mass-hunting and turning it into jerky and placing it in pots, but even that doesn't last long and I end up having to constantly hunt, and by then any meaningful prey is gone.

So yeah.. any tips for food?

caesius

Quote from: Crazytoast42 on December 03, 2016, 03:52:16 AM
Anyone have any tips on meeting food? With the seed requirements, I find it really hard to meet food demands in a reliable manner. I usually end up mass-hunting and turning it into jerky and placing it in pots, but even that doesn't last long and I end up having to constantly hunt, and by then any meaningful prey is gone.

So yeah.. any tips for food?

use fishing industry - fishing. it is great source of food until you make a farm.

ScottS9999

Quote from: caesius on December 03, 2016, 08:11:28 AM
use fishing industry - fishing. it is great source of food until you make a farm.
As far as I can tell, fishing sucks unless you have a high level fisherman.  Am I doing something wrong?

caesius

Quote from: ScottS9999 on December 03, 2016, 09:21:29 AM
As far as I can tell, fishing sucks unless you have a high level fisherman.  Am I doing something wrong?

bro, it does not suck. believe me!
let 1 pawn practice it (huntman or chef, maybe?).
you will see he's fish skill rapidly grows. before get high level pawn, hunt animals, buy foods, gather wild berrys. with them, you can hold it.
(you should butcher/gut fish you get. raw fish sucks for making food)

Canute

Don't forget, the hunter need to move sometimes far away to hunt, and haul the corspe back = time intesive.
Fishing not allways get an result at lower level but short ways + floor.

And your fisher don't need to deal with predators underway.

lllMWNlll

You just packed 95% of all my mods in one huge single, balanced, astonishing mod

Thank you :)

Crazytoast42

Quote from: caesius on December 03, 2016, 09:58:38 AM
Quote from: ScottS9999 on December 03, 2016, 09:21:29 AM
bro, it does not suck. believe me!
let 1 pawn practice it (huntman or chef, maybe?).
you will see he's fish skill rapidly grows. before get high level pawn, hunt animals, buy foods, gather wild berrys. with them, you can hold it.
(you should butcher/gut fish you get. raw fish sucks for making food)

For whatever reason, I can't even.. place the pier? Does it not like being placed during the winter or something like that? Because it's just refusing to be placed on or anywhere near the lake I'm close to.

sidfu

here is what u do for food.
1. specalize your people.
    ive noticed from watching streamers and youtube everyone seems to want to try to set up their job prioties so that everyone can do everything at anygiven time. that works in vanilla but in hardcore that kill u.
2. at start have the one that will be doing all the cooking alsol do hunting when there no meat. so set their cooking on 1 and their hunting on 2 and dont give thema ny other jobs everything else for them mshould be off.
3.  early game do no mark small animals they waste time as they only carry enough meat for 2 meals at most.
4. early game dont usse bow and arrow use a harpoon to hunt.
5. oonce u gget a few guys with weapons every few days go out with a group and kill bunch of preditors as they just eating your potental food.
6. as soon as u can make someone a dedicated hunter to help cook.
7.fishing is good way to get food but dont depend on it till fisherman gets to level 7+ area.
8. if fishing also make sure on the recpies to turn off useing fish or they will use whole fish as 1 meat instead of saveing it to butcher. its fine at start as fisherman mightnot beable to catch enough before it spoils if u useing tribal start.

the peir can be tricky to place in winter as it needs the light blue as a base but cant be on the clay/mud

bowmore

Somehow my colonists won't plant lettuce.
I've checked everything: research (Vegetables II), seeds, grow zone and skills - they still don't.
Though they easily plant potatoes in adjacent grow zone.
Why's that?

caesius

Quote from: bowmore on December 04, 2016, 09:50:08 AM
I've checked everything: research (Vegetables II), seeds, grow zone and skills - they still don't.
Why's that?

did you check fertility of soil?

bowmore

Quote from: caesius on December 04, 2016, 10:46:41 AM
Why's that?

It says fertility 100%

caesius

Quote from: bowmore on December 04, 2016, 10:51:25 AM
Why's that?

It says fertility 100%

lettuce needs at least 140% fertility soil.

Petitpain

Quote4. early game dont usse bow and arrow use a harpoon to hunt.

You can't make harpoon in early game, that's why you need to use bow and arrow  :o

bowmore

Quote from: caesius on December 04, 2016, 02:45:34 PM
Quote from: bowmore on December 04, 2016, 10:51:25 AM
Why's that?

It says fertility 100%

lettuce needs at least 140% fertility soil.

Thanks.