[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on January 06, 2017, 02:36:42 PM
the issue with traders is that

1. the trade post cant be built it insta destorys itself witha  error
2. every time a trader should come it throws the same error that gets thrown for us that dont get raids.

1. https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/533
2. I am no longer getting TraderCaravan errors from commit: 47e618e
https://s30.postimg.org/xsyiymjr5/example.jpg

Only from some Neutral Visitors and Raids:
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/516

Also Sieges:
https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/issues/528

-edit-
These are Assembly errors I think and outside of my knowledge of modding.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Kitsune

Dont know if its already known or if i'm the only with that problem. I have the little problem, it looks like only with the wooden pot for preservation, that my colonists stand in front of it and try to do something like put food in it and immediatly take it again.

I dont know how github workes so i hope no one will hit me that i put the error-thingy in here. :)

Fin started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:StartErrorRecoverJob(String)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:FinalizeTick()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

If i empty the preservation pot (forbid all things to store is enough) its all ok again, of course i cant use the pot anymore. :(

sidfu

Quote from: Kitsune on January 06, 2017, 03:11:45 PM
Dont know if its already known or if i'm the only with that problem. I have the little problem, it looks like only with the wooden pot for preservation, that my colonists stand in front of it and try to do something like put food in it and immediatly take it again.

I dont know how github workes so i hope no one will hit me that i put the error-thingy in here. :)

Fin started 10 jobs in 10 ticks. lastJobGiver=, curJob.def=Wait, curDriver=Verse.AI.JobDriver_Wait

If i empty the preservation pot (forbid all things to store is enough) its all ok again, of course i cant use the pot anymore. :(

normaly wheni see that error its on the people that are assigned to do alot of general things and when the game starts useing to much ram.  try disabling everyone that does that job and see if it go thru.

also that issue came up before when they first put in the colony manager.

Rhyssia

Quote from: Kitsune on January 06, 2017, 03:11:45 PM

I get this with storage sometimes. I'll have someone move strawberries one tile over, and then back forever.
Try like Sidfu said, and if you are still getting that error we'll look into it sooner.

Kitsune

Hm i think i got it somehow. I enabled only one food type to the pot and the same type for all colonists in the loadouts and for a couple of gametime day's that i played now the problem is gone. :)

Natas_Enasni

Alright so I experienced numerous problems which I will list in the order I encountered them:

1. UNCLEAR INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.  This is like the most basic of issues and may have caused my further problems.  If I were to follow instructions exactly I would open up the Hardcore master branch zip > take the Hardcore-SK-Master folder > put it in Rimworld folder \ Mods folder.  I assume this is incorrect so instead I take the Hardcore\Mods folder and copy everything in that into the Rimworld \ Mods folder.  Then I ignored the other files (Research tree - Temp - translationa14+a15 - highres surfaces) since I figured they were extra translations/ high res crap (this may be the fatal root error of further complications)

2. No way to tell what ammo goes with what gun, when using "Prepare Carefully".  For some reason the caliber isn't in information.  What type of ammo should I add for my VSS Vintorez?  Better google the caliber and hope the mod put it in correctly.

3. Immediate non-progression with inability to create stone blocks.  How do I make stone blocks when I can't make a machining table with wood?  I also can't research stonecutting because a basic research table requires blocks.  I noticed I could make a prosthetics bench with wood, but not a stonecutter's bench?  I checked every type of building in the menu and couldn't find a single one that would let me progress. There seems to be something wrong with the "Select material" for buildings menu.  All I have for most is sandstone blocks.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Natas_Enasni on January 06, 2017, 04:44:42 PM
Alright so I experienced numerous problems which I will list in the order I encountered them:

1. UNCLEAR INSTALL INSTRUCTIONS.  This is like the most basic of issues and may have caused my further problems.  If I were to follow instructions exactly I would open up the Hardcore master branch zip > take the Hardcore-SK-Master folder > put it in Rimworld folder \ Mods folder.  I assume this is incorrect so instead I take the Hardcore\Mods folder and copy everything in that into the Rimworld \ Mods folder.  Then I ignored the other files (Research tree - Temp - translationa14+a15 - highres surfaces) since I figured they were extra translations/ high res crap (this may be the fatal root error of further complications)

2. No way to tell what ammo goes with what gun, when using "Prepare Carefully".  For some reason the caliber isn't in information.  What type of ammo should I add for my VSS Vintorez?  Better google the caliber and hope the mod put it in correctly.

3. Immediate non-progression with inability to create stone blocks.  How do I make stone blocks when I can't make a machining table with wood?  I also can't research stonecutting because a basic research table requires blocks.  I noticed I could make a prosthetics bench with wood, but not a stonecutter's bench?  I checked every type of building in the menu and couldn't find a single one that would let me progress. There seems to be something wrong with the "Select material" for buildings menu.  All I have for most is sandstone blocks.

1. You are right about one part. The first post instructions say to put the ModsConfig.xml in here: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config, but it actually goes here C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config. The folder was renamed in A16, I think...

As for #3, I can only suggest you deconstruct some of the ruined walls dotted throughout the map to get the materials you need to get started (you can also remove the floors as well).

Makko

Translation Issue: For Crashbugs, when aggroed they say under Mental State: "The hunger made aggressive" in their little selected box on the bottom left corner of the screen. It should say "Made aggressive by hunger"

Compost Bins can no longer compost anything but corpses, is this intentional? Now that my entire colony subsists on raw potatoes and leather is super valuable I don't have any use for the meat of the animals I kill for their lucrative hides so I wanted to compost them, unfortunately I can't :(

Natas_Enasni

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 06, 2017, 04:55:46 PM
1. You are right about one part. The first post instructions say to put the ModsConfig.xml in here: C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld\Config, but it actually goes here C:\Users\your user name\AppData\LocalLow\Ludeon Studios\RimWorld by Ludeon Studios\Config. The folder was renamed in A16, I think...

As for #3, I can only suggest you deconstruct some of the ruined walls dotted throughout the map to get the materials you need to get started (you can also remove the floors as well).

I had no problems with the modconfig; the problem I have is with the folders outside of the Hardcore-SK-master\Mods folder ie Hardcore-SK-master\HighRes surfaces - Hardcore-SK-master\Research tree - Hardcore-SK-master\Temp - Hardcore-SK-master\translationa14 - Hardcore-SK-master\translation a15.   I have no idea what to do with those folders or if I need to.

As for the blocks, you should really be able to build a machine table with wood.  Or with rock chunks.  That is the way the foundation of a tech tree works.

Rhyssia

Quote from: Natas_Enasni on January 06, 2017, 05:09:40 PM
Quote from: Owlchemist on January 06, 2017, 04:55:46 PM

I had no problems with the modconfig; the problem I have is with the folders outside of the Hardcore-SK-master\Mods folder ie Hardcore-SK-master\HighRes surfaces - Hardcore-SK-master\Research tree - Hardcore-SK-master\Temp - Hardcore-SK-master\translationa14 - Hardcore-SK-master\translation a15.   I have no idea what to do with those folders or if I need to.

As for the blocks, you should really be able to build a machine table with wood.  Or with rock chunks.  That is the way the foundation of a tech tree works.
I've never really encountered issue with mod install. I checked Hardcore-SK-master\Research tree and thought "Oh, this is a view of the research tree."
So then I moved everything in Hardcore-SK-master\mods\ into rimworld\mods\ and called it a day.
The install instructions do need updating, I will work on that shortly.

As far as the stone issue, I can't do anything directly with that now. That is a balance issue that will have to be decided on by Skyarkhangel. But it is my understanding that this is a "Hardcore" modpack which provides a bit more difficulty.

As it stands you only need to find 10 consecutive wall sections to get about 40-50 stone blocks, and then the 10 floor pieces under them for another 30 stone for the 70 stone needed for stonecutter's bench.

-edit-
Doing that again will get you the 80 for the research bench. Also if you look around for Cairns (which are added via scenario like the ship wall pieces and totem poles.), which drop about 52 blocks of stone each.

carpediembr

Anyone got any idea where the HighRes Surface folder goes to?

On a separate note, where do I craft fishing pole/harpoons? On FishIndustry mod it was directly at the pier, but atm there is no bills.

Rhyssia

Quote from: carpediembr on January 06, 2017, 06:35:14 PM

On a separate note, where do I craft fishing pole/harpoons? On FishIndustry mod it was directly at the pier, but atm there is no bills.

Only need to move the folders in Hardcore-SK-master\mods\ to rimworld\mods\ (backup and delete core from rimworld\mods\.)

Checking fishing pole/harpoons now.

-Edit-
Fishing no longer requires a pole or harpoon, just hunting job selected and to right click and prioritize it's work.

sidfu

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on January 06, 2017, 06:49:27 PM
high res goes into the terrain folder for textures.

Textures are already in:
Core_SK\Textures\Terrain\Surfaces

carpediembr

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 06:37:25 PM
Quote from: carpediembr on January 06, 2017, 06:35:14 PM

Only need to move the folders in Hardcore-SK-master\mods\ to rimworld\mods\ (backup and delete core from rimworld\mods\.)

Checking fishing pole/harpoons now.

-Edit-
Fishing no longer requires a pole or harpoon, just hunting job selected and to right click and prioritize it's work.

Thanks alot! So the fishing skill is useless? I fished a few fishes and it wont go up

Btw....You guys should create a Discord just for the mod. Just like call of chtulu has one.