[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

posted about psyclogy mod over in its thread withe the error and this what the mod author said it probaly ccausseing it

It doesn't look like an error in Psychology. It looks like Hardcore SK adds a faction that's supposed to generate with artificial body parts, and that's causing a null pointer exception when creating the part for them. All Psychology does there is add a thought to pawns with the Bleeding Heart trait when artificial parts are added, but since the billDoer is null, that code is skipped entirely.

It's possible that a mod in Hardcore SK detours InstallArtificialBodyPart.ApplyOnPawn in a way that's incompatible with Psychology.

twisted067

Anyone else having issues with prepare carefully? The backstories are not saving, and change when you start a new colony. Its really frustrating because my colonists keep getting shit like incapable of violent/cleaning/hauling/social all in one.

Edit: I just realized this, any scenario I pick, even custom ones, my people start as the cat people and their backstories change.

Rhyssia

Quote from: twisted067 on January 06, 2017, 08:23:35 PM
Anyone else having issues with prepare carefully? The backstories are not saving, and change when you start a new colony. Its really frustrating because my colonists keep getting shit like incapable of violent/cleaning/hauling/social all in one.

I don't think I've had this problem. Are you starting new colonies frequently? Has the game restarted before moving to a new colony? (I've experienced a bug related to the scenario I'm describing and wondering if that might be the same thing happening to you.)
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

twisted067

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 08:34:43 PM

Yeah, I just tested this again to make. I have been restarting over and over because my backstories keep changing. I have been restarting my game each time as well. No matter the scenario, my people start as cat people with randomized backstories.

Edit: I think i figured it out. Checking prepare carefully files for my colonists, it has everything tagged with "OrassanID". Not sure why...but why would the backstories change?

Here is an example:
      <pawnKindDef>Orassan</pawnKindDef>
      <thingDef>Alien_Orassan</thingDef>
      <childhood>OrassanIDCapitalChild_Orassan_SpacerChild</childhood>
      <adulthood>OrassanIDCraftsman_Orassan_Crafter</adulthood>

How would I modify this for them to be regular human pawns?

This raises questions of why and how they even became Orassan by default.

Edit 2: figured it out. Removed thingdef from colonists and changed Orassan to Colonist. Seems to work fine now, no changing in backstories or race. Not sure how this happened initially.

Rhyssia

Quote from: sidfu on January 06, 2017, 08:13:12 PM
posted about psyclogy mod over in its thread withe the error and this what the mod author said it probaly ccausseing it

It doesn't look like an error in Psychology. It looks like Hardcore SK adds a faction that's supposed to generate with artificial body parts, and that's causing a null pointer exception when creating the part for them. All Psychology does there is add a thought to pawns with the Bleeding Heart trait when artificial parts are added, but since the billDoer is null, that code is skipped entirely.

It's possible that a mod in Hardcore SK detours InstallArtificialBodyPart.ApplyOnPawn in a way that's incompatible with Psychology.

Which error is this?

Quote from: twisted067 on January 06, 2017, 08:42:26 PM
Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 08:34:43 PM

Yeah, I just tested this again to make. I have been restarting over and over because my backstories keep changing. I have been restarting my game each time as well. No matter the scenario, my people start as cat people with randomized backstories.

Edit: I think i figured it out. Checking prepare carefully files for my colonists, it has everything tagged with "OrassanID". Not sure why...but why would the backstories change?

Here is an example:
      <pawnKindDef>Orassan</pawnKindDef>
      <thingDef>Alien_Orassan</thingDef>
      <childhood>OrassanIDCapitalChild_Orassan_SpacerChild</childhood>
      <adulthood>OrassanIDCraftsman_Orassan_Crafter</adulthood>

How would I modify this for them to be regular human pawns?

This raises questions of why and how they even became Orassan by default.

Edit 2: figured it out. Removed thingdef from colonists and changed Orassan to Colonist. Seems to work fine now, no changing in backstories or race. Not sure how this happened initially.

That is strange, I will have to look into that tomorrow.

AmosKamal

Ive looked through the past pages of comments and havent seen any reports of this, but if there are previous reports of this and fixes just let me know. But anyways, me and a friend have both created colonies and had fun but when we went to go load them after we saved, it was stuck on the title screen screen saver permanently and wouldnt ever load the save. has anyone else had this probem or is this something thats known to happen and will be fixed with the full release of a16 HCSK?
Amos

Rhyssia

Quote from: AmosKamal on January 06, 2017, 10:31:04 PM
Ive looked through the past pages of comments and havent seen any reports of this, but if there are previous reports of this and fixes just let me know. But anyways, me and a friend have both created colonies and had fun but when we went to go load them after we saved, it was stuck on the title screen screen saver permanently and wouldnt ever load the save. has anyone else had this probem or is this something thats known to happen and will be fixed with the full release of a16 HCSK?
Amos

Im getting ready for bed, please use wikisend (Will PM you with url, just in case) to upload save file please. I will look at it tomorrow.

P.S. have you used Stargate?

Makko

Why doesn't Hardcore SK use the Rimsenal weapons? It already uses the storytellers!

Right now there's a ton of variety with the real life weapons, but then with futuristic ones a whole lot less. The Rimsenal weapons are kind of held back by the weak shooting mechanics in vanilla, they could really shine with the improvements in Hardcore SK!

sidfu

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 06, 2017, 09:59:41 PM
Quote from: sidfu on January 06, 2017, 08:13:12 PM

Which error is this?

Could not cast Pawn to PsychologyPawn.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Psychology.Detour._PawnGenerator:_GenerateTraits(Pawn, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:DoGenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&, String&, Boolean)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GenerateNewNakedPawn(PawnGenerationRequest&)
Verse.PawnGenerator:GeneratePawn(PawnGenerationRequest)
RimWorld.Faction:GenerateNewLeader()
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:NewGeneratedFaction(FactionDef)
RimWorld.FactionGenerator:GenerateFactionsIntoWorld(String)
RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator:GenerateWorld(Single, String, OverallRainfall, OverallTemperature)
RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams:<CanDoNext>m__527()
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

Exception from asynchronous event: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Verse.HediffMaker.MakeHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.BodyPartRecord partRecord) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.Pawn_HealthTracker.AddHediff (Verse.HediffDef def, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Nullable`1 dinfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Psychology.Detour._Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart._ApplyOnPawn (RimWorld.Recipe_InstallArtificialBodyPart r, Verse.Pawn pawn, Verse.BodyPartRecord part, Verse.Pawn billDoer, System.Collections.Generic.List`1 ingredients) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.PawnTechHediffsGenerator.GeneratePartsAndImplantsFor (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateInitialHediffs (Verse.Pawn pawn, PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.DoGenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request, System.String& error, Boolean ignoreScenarioRequirements) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GenerateNewNakedPawn (Verse.PawnGenerationRequest& request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.PawnGenerator.GeneratePawn (PawnGenerationRequest request) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Faction.GenerateNewLeader () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.NewGeneratedFaction (RimWorld.FactionDef facDef) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.FactionGenerator.GenerateFactionsIntoWorld (System.String seedString) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Planet.WorldGenerator.GenerateWorld (Single planetCoverage, System.String seedString, OverallRainfall overallRainfall, OverallTemperature overallTemperature) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at RimWorld.Page_CreateWorldParams.<CanDoNext>m__527 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.LongEventHandler.RunEventFromAnotherThread (System.Action action) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.LongEventHandler:RunEventFromAnotherThread(Action)
Verse.LongEventHandler:<UpdateCurrentAsynchronousEvent>m__733()

the second error dont always come up but the first one is always constant.

Owlchemist

Quote from: Makko on January 06, 2017, 11:18:59 PM
Why doesn't Hardcore SK use the Rimsenal weapons? It already uses the storytellers!

Right now there's a ton of variety with the real life weapons, but then with futuristic ones a whole lot less. The Rimsenal weapons are kind of held back by the weak shooting mechanics in vanilla, they could really shine with the improvements in Hardcore SK!

Semi-related comment on this... I'm all for variety, but despite using HCSK for a long time now, the sheer variety of weapons in it still overwhelm me. I wouldn't mind seeing the weapon variety trimmed down a bit or otherwise organized in a way that's easier to convey what category and role everything fits into.

Makko

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 06, 2017, 11:55:12 PM
Quote from: Makko on January 06, 2017, 11:18:59 PM

Semi-related comment on this... I'm all for variety, but despite using HCSK for a long time now, the sheer variety of weapons in it still overwhelm me. I wouldn't mind seeing the weapon variety trimmed down a bit or otherwise organized in a way that's easier to convey what category and role everything fits into.

I agree with you honestly, due to how ammunition works it's not a very big deal to have a bunch of sidegrade weapons if they use the same ammunition pool, but understanding the differences and what ammunition each weapon uses is pretty confusing if you don't have  good knowledge of real life guns.

The descriptions don't always help either.

Goo Poni

HCSK has been a mess since A14 and this is no different.

All creatures have a melee attack cool down measuring several minutes long.
Insects (Antii and Gnawlers) appear to have no hitbox and are impossible to hit with non-aoe ranged weapons, much like hives have been since CR's inclusion in HCSK. That stupid "Plunderer" event that uses insects instead of, iunno, humans maybe because what use do feral insects have of a bounty, that event appears to be broken as they don't attempt to attack anymore and just idle or attempt to hunt with their three minute bite cool down.
From the very beginning, progression is impossible as there is no way to make stone blocks. Would recommend an event to occur that points out deconstructing ship parts and random walls is necessary.
New fuel system, don't know if it's vanilla or what, but quite often I find that buildings consume all their fuel at once. They're also unusable when the last piece of fuel is used, despite continuing to burn and listing itself as working.
Finished meals are uncategorized. Food pot is useless as a result, only able to store pemmican. I resolved this myself and noticed another issue with pawns storing food in (insert storage unit here) and then moving said item of food through all the containers, getting stuck repeatedly picking up and dropping food for upwards of a minute, usually only stopping when a pawn's individual needs take priority.
The reusable tribal light, some sort of stone bowl, does not yield materials if deconstructed.
The campfire is the only way to make pemmican, there's no longer a help tab to check, but the campfire only takes 10 units of fuel, 1-2 of which tend to immediately burn until the campfire puts itself out. Such a pathetic fuel reserve means more time is spent refueling it than using it.
A multitude of armours have been added to the new tribal smithy. Armour. Armour with cloak. What, 7 different helmets? A new blow gun with its own proprietary ammo but what does it add besides unnecessary variety oversaturation? Bows and crossbows can also use poison, the bow is more or less as fast and has double the range while still doing some amount of damage. Is it not time to start culling some content? Start with the crap assets that have white aliasing problems all around their edges. There are enough good weapon and armour mods out there to make for a sort of progression without so many pistols, rifles, SMGs and the like. LewisDTC's weapon expansion has its own sensible progression from starting at muskets to lasers.
Continuing a save doesn't work. It indefinitely loads with no progress being made. Opting to load a save instead of continue the most recent works.

That's about it for now. Wonder if the Organ Vat is still not attached to research, making it impossible to make, same with the advanced bionics table.

Owlchemist

Haven't noticed a lot of these problems, especially when a buncha boars were kicking my ass earlier X_X The slow melee attack cool down was confirmed with wolves though, but that was patched already. You're using the latest version from github, yes?

Dunno about antii and gnawler, but just had the hive event and dealt with via guns no problem. And I recall shooting a lot of ants and gnawlers in the a14 version as well.

Musket to laser progression with guns sounds great though. And, this is a minor nit-pick but I'm not much of a fan of using irl gun labels on the guns, given that the game takes place in the 56th century on another planet. It would make more sense that the colonists are putting together their own gun designs vs using brand-name designs from centuries ago, and so more generic gun names would not only make more sense, but be more clear to the player on what's what.

zzz1000

Goo Poni
Very non polite tone you choose, considering half of your issues are already fixed and half are not issues

Kitsune

For the stone block-progression problem, i think i skiped it. xD I salvaged ship trunks to get enough components and mechanism to build a wood plank research bench. Researched stone cutting and was good to go to build a wood plank hand machining table to make stone blocks. ^~^