[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

skyarkhangel

I hope in A16b Ludeon fix problem with CTD. I'll see they are still working on it

Owlchemist

Does anyone else feel like early tech lighting is too high maintenance to be worth it? Having to cut and refuel 10 kindling per light per day is a lot of manpower to invest, and manpower comes at a premium in the early game.

I could propose a rebalance, but fishing for some opinions on it first...

sidfu

owl build the bowl lamp it lasts 2 days per fueling for early game. others are useful when u dont have room or need a quick light

if u realy want a challenge my darkness is setup where nights where its raining its so dark u cant see anything outside

Goo Poni

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 11, 2017, 04:36:54 PM
Does anyone else feel like early tech lighting is too high maintenance to be worth it? Having to cut and refuel 10 kindling per light per day is a lot of manpower to invest, and manpower comes at a premium in the early game.

The torches are not very useful, the lamp bowl is more useful as it provides heat and light still but is refuelable. But even the bowl lamp is not feasible past a couple of them. Kindling is easy to come by as the bushes have turned into grass tufts from don't starve and yield Kindling if harvested, but it and the new fueling system requires someone be on constant hauling duty. Animals can't haul to refuel and in the version of the pack I have, there are no hauling quadcopters either. The new fueling system is more annoying than fueling torches as any use of a building that uses the new fuel style consumes a whole unit of fuel and cools down for an hour (the building is unusable if it uses its last unit of fuel, so the timer is a cooldown until it eats more fuel, not an indicator of how long it can be used for). Burn rates with the old fuel style can be adjusted so 10 logs last 10 hours, 10 days, 10 weeks, however long you wish. The new one, seemingly not. Only more fuel added to the maximum. Glowstones obviously work just fine. The need for silver is a mild annoyance but currently, Glowstones are fire and forget, can be reinstalled as needed and veins actually yield usable amounts rather than 1 paltry stone I remember in my A14 version. Curiously for me, bowl lamps don't yield materials when deconstructed. As bowl lamps still currently use the regular fuel style which can be debugged to max fuel, lowering fuel consumption rates for those and maybe for torches as well.

Related topic, how many lamps do you have in your house that blind you with a 150w bulb? Or even a 80w bulb? I mean, fluorescent tubes I  can buy right now off the interwebs use >20w. One wood-fired steam generator runs maybe 5-6 lights. I think the strongest bulbs I have in my place are 60w. That's 12 lights instead of 5.

Lazybun

Quote from: Goo Poni on January 11, 2017, 05:57:21 PM
Related topic, how many lamps do you have in your house that blind you with a 150w bulb? Or even a 80w bulb? I mean, fluorescent tubes I  can buy right now off the interwebs use >20w. One wood-fired steam generator runs maybe 5-6 lights. I think the strongest bulbs I have in my place are 60w. That's 12 lights instead of 5.
If you want to get to it from realism point of view, fluorescent/led lamp is a high-tech product, so we'll need a component requirement for energy-saving lamps.
That aside, having a 150w lamp in communal areas is the most common solution - you can barely read with one 80w lamp unless its right next to you.

Assume that 1 tile in game = 1x1m area. now imagine using single 60w bulb over 4x4m or even 6x6m area.

Makko

Without the seeds mod you can just plant a little bush patch (each bush gives you something like 6 kindling per week) sized to meet your needs. It's obscene to try and cut it by hand otherwise. They should probably make crafting it a lot more efficient.

awesowe

Can someone tell me which mod added stats (increased cooking speed, tame chance and such) to items back in a14 modpack?

Zakhad

Quote from: awesowe on January 11, 2017, 11:29:49 PM
Can someone tell me which mod added stats (increased cooking speed, tame chance and such) to items back in a14 modpack?

Infused_CR is the modpack version otherwise you're looking for Infused. They add suffixes to pieces of equipment

awesowe

Quote from: Zakhad on January 11, 2017, 11:35:16 PM
Infused_CR is the modpack version otherwise you're looking for Infused. They add suffixes to pieces of equipment

Cheers!

Zakhad

Quote from: Makko on January 11, 2017, 10:45:02 PM

Without the seeds mod you can just plant a little bush patch (each bush gives you something like 6 kindling per week) sized to meet your needs. It's obscene to try and cut it by hand otherwise. They should probably make crafting it a lot more efficient.

I just use the manager in a localised area. never really have to worry about kindling again but it's a lot of work actually cutting and then going to each and every torch just to refuel them, albeit realistic, its very tedious.

I would suggest adding another mineable resource oil shale, which could quite easily be a modified coal vein but is used in oil lamps which would burn for a very long time.

ramirez333

is anyone else having these two problems:
1. ducting is not connecting properly and doesnt cycle from upper to lower
2. robots not spawning from the robot bases

sidfu

Quote from: ramirez333 on January 11, 2017, 11:44:45 PM
is anyone else having these two problems:
1. ducting is not connecting properly and doesnt cycle from upper to lower
2. robots not spawning from the robot bases

for 1 i know redist heat has been updated that disabled the heating ducts due to some prolblem so probaly best to avid useing. if the mechs for them doon spawn make sure to have the dev console enabled get the error and post on git so can be fixed

Natas_Enasni

Using a week old build:
-Cannot research advanced metalworking or nano metallurgy.  They go in queue but never get worked on.  Not sure if I'm missing something but I've researched almost everything previous and it doesn't queue anything else when I click it.
-Can't research Recreation Furniture III like above.  Definitely have Microelectronics researched. 
-Can't research Hospital II like above.  Definitely have medicine.

-Grew Neutro Flowers but cannot put them into a stockpile since the Neutro Flower Petals are not an option there.

-Lots of food poisoning.  I'm not sure why.

-Trouble with "Do until have X amount" jobs, they get paused for no apparent reason.  Has occurred with electric sawmill\saw wood planks, Make Stone Blocks on electric machining (and I think hand machining but can't remember) and butcher table\make kibble.  The amounts list me as having less than the requested(200/300/41- wood planks/kibble/Stone Blocks) yet it remains paused.  I'm sure I have resources for job around.

-[Balance]Malaria is ridiculous; starts at high progression and low immunity.
-Comms Console issue previously reported
-Trade Tent disappearing and generally not being needed anyway

legendary

So, there was no answer to question: is it possible to turn off Cobat Realism mod from this pack and still play without errors? Or CR considered to be one of the core mods?
StarCraft | WarZone 2100 | Civilization | RimWorld | Homeworld - games that deserve your time of life.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: legendary on January 12, 2017, 05:56:14 AM
So, there was no answer to question: is it possible to turn off Cobat Realism mod from this pack and still play without errors? Or CR considered to be one of the core mods?

Combat Realism is one of the two minimum required mods to play Hardcore SK. The other being Core_SK.