[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

MightyGooga

Hey Guys,

Where can I find the construct mobile mineral sonar option? I have built the module, and i have on in stock, but  I cant find the option to actually build it on the ground to scan around. Pls help.

sidfu

Quote from: gustavoghe on January 14, 2017, 05:01:09 PM
Hey Guys,

Where can I find the construct mobile mineral sonar option? I have built the module, and i have on in stock, but  I cant find the option to actually build it on the ground to scan around. Pls help.

ok just checked looks like he fixed teh error when u make it but u cant place it. posts the issue on git. he probaly missed some code when he fixed it.

update.
ok for any animal trainer when u go to train your livestock skills make sure u have CR set to have them carry a food for it or u get a error and they stop doing anything due to they will grab live unharvested grass on ground to use causing CR error. error has been posted to git

ok for fishing u dont have to have a ranged weapon on.

MightyGooga

Quote from: sidfu on January 14, 2017, 05:34:43 PM
Hey Guys,

ok just checked looks like he fixed teh error when u make it but u cant place it. posts the issue on git. he probaly missed some code when he fixed it.

update.
ok for any animal trainer when u go to train your livestock skills make sure u have CR set to have them carry a food for it or u get a error and they stop doing anything due to they will grab live unharvested grass on ground to use causing CR error. error has been posted to git

I probably shoudl have mentioned that im playing A14 version still. Cant find the option on the architecture tab to build the sonar. Can you tell where it should be? Even in god mode, i cant find it.

I just checked the git, and still appears not to have a solution? Is this fixable by messing with the def files? PLease help. I have been playing this one game for almost four real days now, and i notice that i can only find rare mineral deposits. So I set out to discover the sonar so it could help me find normal mineral deposits. Im affraid i will have to throw all the work i put in the colony in the trash. Please help.

sidfu

Quote from: gustavoghe on January 14, 2017, 07:01:37 PM
Quote from: sidfu on January 14, 2017, 05:34:43 PM
Hey Guys,

update.

I probably shoudl have mentioned that im playing A14 version still. Cant find the option on the architecture tab to build the sonar. Can you tell where it should be? Even in god mode, i cant find it.

I just checked the git, and still appears not to have a solution? Is this fixable by messing with the def files? PLease help. I have been playing this one game for almost four real days now, and i notice that i can only find rare mineral deposits. So I set out to discover the sonar so it could help me find normal mineral deposits. Im affraid i will have to throw all the work i put in the colony in the trash. Please help.

the radar is built at a bench then deployed. u can go into the spawn items and find it.

Kadrush

Quote from: notfood on January 14, 2017, 11:54:28 AM
Quote from: Kadrush on January 14, 2017, 10:58:05 AM
Guys, it is so nice the modpack is uploaded to a16, thanks for that.

But, i cant find the load button in the main menu to load my saves, i had to start a new colony and load from there.

Tks, redownloading fixed the issue.

Another question, where can i find the ingame help that it had on earlier versions? I mean, for example, now i want to make some ammo and the game said that i need carbon, on earlier versions i went to a kind of encyclopedia, typed carbon and found what i need (recipes it has, bench that makes it), i cant find it anymore.
Redownload, it's been fixed already.

sidfu

Quote from: Kadrush on January 14, 2017, 07:56:06 PM

But, i cant find the load button in the main menu to load my saves, i had to start a new colony and load from there.

Another question, where can i find the ingame help that it had on earlier versions? I mean, for example, now i want to make some ammo and the game said that i need carbon, on earlier versions i went to a kind of encyclopedia, typed carbon and found what i need (recipes it has, bench that makes it), i cant find it anymore.

the help was part of CCL and the mod pack has been split away from CCl to so they dont have to wait for it to update

Kadrush

Quote from: sidfu on January 14, 2017, 08:23:18 PM

the help was part of CCL and the mod pack has been split away from CCl to so they dont have to wait for it to update

Tks, is there a wiki in the web for us to use in the meantime?

Makko

Quote from: Kadrush on January 14, 2017, 08:46:13 PM
Quote from: sidfu on January 14, 2017, 08:23:18 PM

Tks, is there a wiki in the web for us to use in the meantime?

Not that I know of, but you can search the game files which will tell you some relevant information a lot of the time.

Or you can ask on here

notfood

I recommend everyone to update to right now.

Big fixes for fueled buildings and an improved bugless quarry. Destroy your quarries if you have any. It's save compatible somewhat if you don't have quarries, you'll lose all your fuel it seems.

Azzarrel

How do you handle the crashes due to memory shortage (or do have any at all)?

I play on a large map (largest) and a small planet (smallest), but whenever i raid someone, the game runs out of memory when switching to the new map.
I already tried to ask for help in the technical problems section, but I thought maybe someone here has already had the same problem and can share some wisdom with me.
will smaller maps help (because i really like playing on big maps)? Or is there any way to make newly generated maps (but your main colony) smaller in size? I don't think a 20x20 base has to occupy a 400x400 map.
The out of memory limit is btw caused by the game not my hardware (i have about 8 Gb RAM spare)

notfood

What's your video memory limit? Can you monitor when it happens?

Azzarrel

I have 2 GB video RAM, 32 GB RAM and Rimworld crashes mostly somewhere around 3,6 GB RAM due to 'out of memory'

Rimworld is at 2,4 GB in the main menu and at 3,4 GB after loading the map (opening the world map boosts this over 3,6 GB, where it stops to increase)
Without ANY mods it only needs 0.4 GB in the main menu ... wow

sidfu

Quote from: Azzarrel on January 14, 2017, 09:06:21 PM
How do you handle the crashes due to memory shortage (or do have any at all)?

I play on a large map (largest) and a small planet (smallest), but whenever i raid someone, the game runs out of memory when switching to the new map.
I already tried to ask for help in the technical problems section, but I thought maybe someone here has already had the same problem and can share some wisdom with me.
will smaller maps help (because i really like playing on big maps)? Or is there any way to make newly generated maps (but your main colony) smaller in size? I don't think a 20x20 base has to occupy a 400x400 map.
The out of memory limit is btw caused by the game not my hardware (i have about 8 Gb RAM spare)

the game is a 32bit so most it can use is around 3.3gb ram(iit will very per system around that when u crash).
for me start screen is around 1.6-1.8 ram after a hour its around 2.5gb ram and normaly stays.

what i do is play in window. u can try turning off music as some people that helps others it dont. for rimworld the biggest user of ram is the music/sound files.

this issue with ram isnt realy wholy the mod packs fault. alot of people have been haveing crashes and ram issues due to the map change.

my adivice.
play in window mode.
whatever u use to montior ram check every once in a while.
when ram gets to 3gig area restart game.

also want to point out for u 8gb is not much ram. most op systems use around 2-3 gb ram.

there a mod on forum called P-music it adds more music to rimworld but in my case useing it also sved me around 200mb of ram due to some fixes for music also included with it.

just to throw mud at u me i have 8gb 1080 Founders editon and 64gb ram  8)

Azzarrel

Well, thanks for the fast advice.
I already know that this is also a vanilla issue, but since this madpack increases RAM consumption about 5x of vanilla, i thought I probably find the people most expierienced with these crashes here.

Will try to use P Music now.
and yea ... i know 8 Gb Ram isn't much, but most is used for countless Firefox and Chrome Tabs, because i ... kinda ... never close anything.

skyarkhangel

A16 version has a bug with Crash to Desktop with out of memory: https://ludeon.com/mantis/view.php?id=2782
This bug related to GRAM, not to RAM. So players with top videocards are less likely to receive CTD bug. Tests shows that players with really high-end videocards may not get a CTD ever.

And its still not solved. Seems will be fixed in A17. Try less attack other settlements, to prevent CTD!