[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

MightyGooga

Guys,

In a scale from 1 to 5, 1 beeing: Version A16 SKHC still too buggy, and 5 beeing: A16 is working perfectly, what yould you grade the latest gihtub version?

Kadrush

In order to manage seeds I am using the plant basin to extract extra seeds since the first harvest. I create a bill with a minimum amount of seeds that i want, i use the harvest to extract seeds and if i cross this limit what is left can be used for food, in other cases, i just hunt for meat. I spent 2 years raising my seed bank for potatoes, now i can produce with seeds to spare in case of a blight. On the corn, cotton and bamboo front i am still raising my seed levels for 3 years in a roll.

I still sugest a small raise in the seed chance just to avoid spending so many years just to create a seed bank.

rekasa

I've noticed a few wierd things, wonder if anyone has encountered the same.
1) There were already a pile of mechanoids wandering around outside an opened ancient ruin as soon as I spawned my map. That was scary.
2) I don't seem to be getting any visitors at all. None. I made a nice guest room and everything, but noone is showing up, it's been a year. :(

Owlchemist

Quote from: rekasa on January 17, 2017, 08:30:08 PM
1) There were already a pile of mechanoids wandering around outside an opened ancient ruin as soon as I spawned my map. That was scary.
2) I don't seem to be getting any visitors at all. None. I made a nice guest room and everything, but noone is showing up, it's been a year. :(

1.) probably something to do with the mapgen mod, a few other people have reported this too. You can disable that for now, it's an optional module.

2.) I'm curious about something.... take a look at which factions like you most (the ones that would likely visit), and then look at the world map and check and see if any of them are settled sort of near your colony.

notfood

Seed deterioration at 2 per day with 10 hp, you had 5 days to pick up those seeds. You need more haulers it seems. Anyhow, I increased seeds hp to 15 and deterioration is at 1/day. 15 days should be enough?

About the chances, your yield increases with skill because your pawn fails less. 7-10 in harvest should keep your seeds from diminishing.

I fixed the mote, for some reason it had a life of 350 seconds instead of 3.5 seconds.

Pushed an update.

rekasa

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 17, 2017, 08:39:26 PM
Quote from: rekasa on January 17, 2017, 08:30:08 PM
1.) probably something to do with the mapgen mod, a few other people have reported this too. You can disable that for now, it's an optional module.

2.) I'm curious about something.... take a look at which factions like you most (the ones that would likely visit), and then look at the world map and check and see if any of them are settled sort of near your colony.

There's these two people that like me the best, I have had I think 2 exotic good traders, a weapon trader and a slaver from them all together, but no guests.

The two people that are near me are Ntla (the purple) and Pan-Global Amalgamaation of Souteastern Inarearelia, the orange.

Here's their relation with me and each other.

Another thing - I never got the message to pop up to name my colony or faction after a year. Strange, huh?

Owlchemist

Quote from: notfood on January 17, 2017, 08:49:06 PM
Seed deterioration at 2 per day with 10 hp, you had 5 days to pick up those seeds. You need more haulers it seems. Anyhow, I increased seeds hp to 15 and deterioration is at 1/day. 15 days should be enough?

About the chances, your yield increases with skill because your pawn fails less. 7-10 in harvest should keep your seeds from diminishing.

I fixed the mote, for some reason it had a life of 350 seconds instead of 3.5 seconds.

Pushed an update.

I don't think that's how that works. At least not in test. For example I created some potato seeds in god mod and sat back and watched it decay for 24 hours - midnight to midnight - on a clear spring day, no adverse weather. And it dropped down to 5/10HP.

Afaik rain will make it decay faster, so in my rainy season, it wouldn't be a stretch for it to be destroyed in just 1 rainy day.

rekasa

Is it normal for all the people around you to hate you, d'you know, Owlchemist?
Oh, another thing - That big explosive that some raids have, Odin's Hammer, I can't seem to ever put it in a stockpile. Even if I allow everything with the checkbox, it says no storage space is configured to hold it.

Owlchemist

Quote from: rekasa on January 17, 2017, 09:05:26 PM
Is it normal for all the people around you to hate you, d'you know, Owlchemist?
Oh, another thing - That big explosive that some raids have, Odin's Hammer, I can't seem to ever put it in a stockpile. Even if I allow everything with the checkbox, it says no storage space is configured to hold it.

Yes, Rimworlds aren't known for being conducive to friendliness :P I got lots of guests in my last game but my nearby neighbors were in the green. I don't know if that matters though, still trying to figure that out (why I asked).

As for Odin Hammer, it was already fixed. Check out the change list: https://github.com/skyarkhangel/Hardcore-SK/commits/master/Mods

rekasa

Ahh! Good on the odin fix, i'll redownload. Is there a way to boost relationship with people that dislike you so they start sending guests?

Owlchemist

Quote from: rekasa on January 17, 2017, 09:30:52 PM
Ahh! Good on the odin fix, i'll redownload. Is there a way to boost relationship with people that dislike you so they start sending guests?

Capture any downed raiders, patch them up for the doctoring experience and them go. +15 per release. I'll usually at least do this with low-tech enemies because they're not really worth my time to have as enemies. I don't want your crappy gear!

Aside from that, you can build the communication console which lets you talk to them directly and bribe them with silver.

notfood

Quote from: Owlchemist on January 17, 2017, 09:00:13 PM
I don't think that's how that works. At least not in test. For example I created some potato seeds in god mod and sat back and watched it decay for 24 hours - midnight to midnight - on a clear spring day, no adverse weather. And it dropped down to 5/10HP.

Afaik rain will make it decay faster, so in my rainy season, it wouldn't be a stretch for it to be destroyed in just 1 rainy day.

Decay in RimWorld acts more like a chance of taking damage, sometime they won't decay at all, sometimes they will take several hits. Depends on many factors.

rekasa

What's a good way to start off with electricity infrastructure? The cost of things like solar panels are large. Is it better to stick with like, combustion generators into batteries or something?

notfood

I always go into combustion then coal plant first. The clean generators demand a lot of resources, big issue for early game.

Owlchemist

Quote from: notfood on January 17, 2017, 09:43:36 PM
Decay in RimWorld acts more like a chance of taking damage, sometime they won't decay at all, sometimes they will take several hits. Depends on many factors.

Interesting! That piqued my interest, so I started up a test world to get some numbers. I made 20 stacks of seeds and ran the clock for a day. The average hit points remaining was 8.05 / 10. So, right on point with the original setting of 2. One stack got as low as 4/10.

Quote from: rekasa on January 17, 2017, 09:47:15 PM
What's a good way to start off with electricity infrastructure? The cost of things like solar panels are large. Is it better to stick with like, combustion generators into batteries or something?

Personally I build a few wind turbines first, then try and skip the first steam generator (wood fuel) with coal generator, which I'll eventually replace with fuel generators setup near the oil drill (one oil extractor can fuel 3 in my experience).

Solar isn't worth it until you got a pretty solid production line moving with plenty of manpower.