[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

silverskin

Is "Mad Skills", the skill degradation remover mod, compatible with this modpack?

Losing skill levels is something that always annoyed the hell out of me with Rimworld. There's a good tiered option, in the mod, where you'll lose exp but not the level. Seems like a nice balance.

Rhyssia

Quote from: silverskin on January 22, 2017, 07:36:18 PM
Is "Mad Skills", the skill degradation remover mod, compatible with this modpack?

Losing skill levels is something that always annoyed the hell out of me with Rimworld. There's a good tiered option, in the mod, where you'll lose exp but not the level. Seems like a nice balance.

Im not sure if it would fit well inside this modpack (since the goal is to increase difficulty). But I understand your frustration. I would advise adding it last to mod load order to minimize conflicts.

Also, shameless plug. I have created a discord server to discuss the Hardcore SK mod which you can find here...
Hardcore SK Modpack
(Requires a validated Discord account)
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Kadrush

I just got a very odd bug, my colonists started to starve even with 4000 potatoes in stock, they were not cooking (says "need materials" for simple meals) and they wouldnt picked the potatoes, when i tried to feed a sick colonist the message said "no food" I am using a mod version of around a week ago, so sorry to report if already fixed.

I rolled back autosaves until 1 hour ago and it seems to be working fine now, not sure if it ll continue that way, if this bug is repeatable or triggered somehow.

edit: oh, and i was playing without skynet mod, but a raided spammed with a skynet cloak.

Rhyssia

Quote from: Kadrush on January 22, 2017, 09:02:45 PM
I just got a very odd bug, my colonists started to starve even with 4000 potatoes in stock, they were not cooking (says "need materials" for simple meals) and they wouldnt picked the potatoes, when i tried to feed a sick colonist the message said "no food" I am using a mod version of around a week ago, so sorry to report if already fixed.

I rolled back autosaves until 1 hour ago and it seems to be working fine now, not sure if it ll continue that way, if this bug is repeatable or triggered somehow.

edit: oh, and i was playing without skynet mod, but a raided spammed with a skynet cloak.

Could be fixed in newer version

Skynet cloak is added with Core_SK. Skynet mod is mostly for faction/event.
Ask me about the Hardcore SK Modpack Discord Server!

Reviire

Quote from: Rhyssia on January 22, 2017, 07:13:19 AM
Quote from: Reviire on January 22, 2017, 02:17:10 AM
Quote from: sidfu on January 21, 2017, 11:19:13 PM
Quote from: Reviire on January 21, 2017, 10:34:07 PM
I think diseases could use some tweaks, possibly make it so malaria and the plague can't happen in the first year? It's far too easy to lose a colony because rng decided to give you a disease, and you just can't do anything about it.

Seriously, day 4 plague, 2 of my 3 colonists got it. I even used dev mode to spawn a level 20 doctor, glitterworld medicine and hospital beds. They were still going to die.

not sure but think how clean rooms are plays a bit of role in it as seems when i keep things clean it happens less but not sure on that. just try to find some animals with high immunity gain leather and u fine if u keep the room they in clean
That... doesn't help? As I said, i used dev mode to spawn in the best stuff I could.

I have never had this kind of issue with plague. Hardcore_SK doesn't tweak that hediff at all. What you are experiencing is from the vanilla game.

You could go to RimWorld\Mods\Core\Defs\HediffDefs\Hediffs_Local_Infections.xml and edit the values yourself if it's causing you that much trouble.

Also you can remove the hediffs by editing the savegame as well.

I'm sorry I can't be of more help, but unless I am told to work on it, it will have to wait until the modpack enters balance pass.
Yeah, I did that anyway. I was just suggesting tweaks to the modpack, but thanks anyway I guess.

On an unrelated note, the Tiberium mod seems like it'd be pretty cool to have in Hardcore SK, maybe for later stages in the game, I dunno. Possibly tweaked to fit in.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Tuney

I know this might sound stupid, but are you also using the medical accessories stuff and not just the medical bed. I know a few of them give a few extra points of immunity gain other doctoring bonus. And outside of just normal treatments , you have antibiotics , I think fruit drinks as well give increase blood filtration which in turn help immunity gain speed. There might even be a few other items that can give little mini-boosts to your well-being.

Sometimes , it can be good to build a barracks just because then you don't have to build many 'bed accessories' for each room. I would make it a really large room , big enough so you can put tables and rec room stuff. Might end up with a wonder of the world that way hehe.

sidfu

Quote from: Tuney on January 22, 2017, 09:59:02 PM
I know this might sound stupid, but are you also using the medical accessories stuff and not just the medical bed. I know a few of them give a few extra points of immunity gain other doctoring bonus. And outside of just normal treatments , you have antibiotics , I think fruit drinks as well give increase blood filtration which in turn help immunity gain speed. There might even be a few other items that can give little mini-boosts to your well-being.

Sometimes , it can be good to build a barracks just because then you don't have to build many 'bed accessories' for each room. I would make it a really large room , big enough so you can put tables and rec room stuff. Might end up with a wonder of the world that way hehe.

if u mean me nope i havent gotten med bed area yet in a16 due to the memory leak messing up saves.
diseases are easy and hard. easy that if u have the stuff they np but hard that if they slip your mind it can be deadly.

ganlhi

Hey there!

I've been using this modpack for a few days, and I must say it's amazing (even if a bit overwhelming at first)!

One thing I dislike, and I don't know if it is a bug or if a mod in particular is responsible, is the usage of components in some recipes, mainly primitive ones. Three components to build a piece of wooden fence? Really? Why? Oo

Any idea on this?

Thanks

zzz1000

Components was removed from fences recently. And "components" are more simple thing in SK than in the base game. Think about them as more like bolts and buttons not transistors.

Azzarrel

i currently get a lot of these errors:

Exception in RimWorld.ThinkNode_ConditionalCanDoConstantThinkTreeJobNow TryIssueJobPackage: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
  at Combat_Realism.JobGiver_TakeAndEquip.TryGiveJob (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Combat_Realism.Detours_ThinkNode_JobGiver.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
  at Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority.TryIssueJobPackage (Verse.Pawn pawn) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
RimWorld.ThinkNode_Conditional:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.ThinkNode_Priority:TryIssueJobPackage(Pawn)
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:DetermineNextConstantThinkTreeJob()
Verse.AI.Pawn_JobTracker:JobTrackerTick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
Verse.TickList:Tick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:Update()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

seems to be related with CR.
Can other mods adding weapons cause this? (I don't have any of these weapons on the map atm, tho)

ganlhi

Quote from: zzz1000 on January 23, 2017, 04:42:33 AM
Components was removed from fences recently. And "components" are more simple thing in SK than in the base game. Think about them as more like bolts and buttons not transistors.

More simple in what way ? Cheaper to obtain ? What about tribesmen, which what type of "table" can they get extra components?
In my game, I deconstructed some shipwrecks, but is there another way ?

orcinator

I managed to cheese the terminator event with the heavy machine gun you get in crashlanded and a sleeping animal, sometime later the terminator that joined my colony changed their backstories from "..." to urchin/osteologist. Also I agree they need less ridiculous amounts of health.

Also crashlanded needs the falling ship parts to be spread out more, I've had the main ship chunk fall on the smaller pods many times and leave me weaponless.

zzz1000

More simple in the logic in the head way, why simple things require them - because they are simple things.
And to obtain they are is not so rare, I'm not some MLG power gamer, but there usualy enough on the map and from crashes for essential things, and craft table is aviable from the start, so you can start coin these bolts as you need after you put smelter. But I will never spend them on a fences. I  just build a wall if I realy need to. I usualy have more problems with textiles. Electronic components is another story.
What savages do I have no idea, never started with them. So I do not know what is aviable for them. 

Kitsune

As i seen the fences are actually more useless or other sayed "decorations" because i seen that a deer and muffalow and even my colonists are "hopping" over them, slow but they are not an "defense" for your plants anymore. :-\ I just build palisades with a door and i'm fine. ;D

Azzarrel

Quote from: Kitsune on January 23, 2017, 09:52:11 AM
As i seen the fences are actually more useless or other sayed "decorations" because i seen that a deer and muffalow and even my colonists are "hopping" over them, slow but they are not an "defense" for your plants anymore. :-\ I just build palisades with a door and i'm fine. ;D

had to realize this the hard way.
Thought my crops were save after building a fence, but a few days later, they were all gone :/