[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

ThomasCro

Quote from: sidfu on January 27, 2017, 04:08:56 PM
Quote from: ThomasCro on January 27, 2017, 03:58:08 PM
Wait, where did the help button go?

help button was from CCL and ccl was taking forever to update so the pack split from useing CCL so no help button anymore

Where will I figure out anything anymore? Is there a hc sk wiki?

adelexi

Where will I figure out anything anymore? Is there a hc sk wiki?

Owlchemist made a nice ''cheat'' sheet which has a lot of helpfull info: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12S8CbrwwbircwbaUqkPMy4qptjDuqqxn0ldeNJTZii8/edit#gid=0

And you can always join their discord and ask/report things there: https://discord.gg/FMPRSKr

sidfu

Kadrush

A few things i would like to point about the current mechanics of this awesome modpack

1- The mending system is quite unbalanced, it costs me 10 cloth to make 5 repair kits and around 50 repair kits to fully repair a parka, meaning that i spend 100 cloth to repair a 75 leather parka (not to mention the component costs of the repair kits).
2-Untrained animals eat anything that the game considers as food, including vodka and antibiotics, not sure if intended but alcoholic puppies are quite hilarious.
3-About weapon craft benchs, I cant dismount weapons for parts with the second weapon craft bench, parts cost way to much, meaning that weapon crafting is rare in my games. Not sure if it is possible with the last one, but they need a lot of late game stuff to be built giving you a hard time on defenses.
4-Turrets seems way to OP right now, a few 7.62 machine guns and a single grenade launcher and i dont have to worry about raiders anymore (unless they drop inside the base). About that the game lags a lot with the impact of those grenades.
5- I suggest adding small amount of plastic to crash parts that you found around the map (or to traders), it ll help a lot in early game, specially in getting a sun lamp for those deadly biomes.
6- Traders do not trade ammo.

A few other things:

1-If you grab a piece of furniture and pick to your inventory, like turrets or a simple grill, the pawn ll not drop them unless assigned for any inventory config that dont use that item.  Seems to be a bug, and a complicated one as sometimes caravan pawn place stuff on their inventory instead of the pack animal. Also it complicate when you try to create machine gun teams with the pawns to take the fight to the enemy (pick the dismounted machine gun turret and building it close to the siege).
2-Sieges seems to be broken, they just hang around and dont build the turrets, i guess they lack resources to do so.
3-Sleeping bags are not considered a piece of furniture, cant pick them due to the inventory bug stated above and cant place them on the stockpile zones.

Gaiska

Quote from: Soulcube on January 27, 2017, 01:31:20 PM
Quote from: sidfu on January 27, 2017, 12:22:05 PM
to fix that save open it in save editor and edit out the item thats corrupting it.

mushrooms dont realy need to be a vegetable they have a few of their own meals u usse in unless even those they dont count in.

my advice on the mushrooms dont worry about it as mushrooms one of the few foods that can be eatin raw and give a mood buff not debuff.

@fledermaus thanks missed those 2 files and the just recently put back in the stock tree for mod pack.

ill be in disqus also under same name :P
thx

I mean u can us raw mushrooms for ur meals but not the caveone.its a little bit illogical ( but yes its not so hard)
Other thing: Is it possible to add a worn out timer to the fungiponics basin?
Other question: U can cook with abomination-flesh but u cant butcher them?Did i miss something because i never found it.

i dont get it. can someone explain me what to do? 2 of my colonist are on status "standing"... enough work to do and materials. dont know why

sidfu

Quote from: Kadrush on January 28, 2017, 05:07:35 AM
A few things i would like to point about the current mechanics of this awesome modpack

1- The mending system is quite unbalanced, it costs me 10 cloth to make 5 repair kits and around 50 repair kits to fully repair a parka, meaning that i spend 100 cloth to repair a 75 leather parka (not to mention the component costs of the repair kits).
2-Untrained animals eat anything that the game considers as food, including vodka and antibiotics, not sure if intended but alcoholic puppies are quite hilarious.
3-About weapon craft benchs, I cant dismount weapons for parts with the second weapon craft bench, parts cost way to much, meaning that weapon crafting is rare in my games. Not sure if it is possible with the last one, but they need a lot of late game stuff to be built giving you a hard time on defenses.
4-Turrets seems way to OP right now, a few 7.62 machine guns and a single grenade launcher and i dont have to worry about raiders anymore (unless they drop inside the base). About that the game lags a lot with the impact of those grenades.
5- I suggest adding small amount of plastic to crash parts that you found around the map (or to traders), it ll help a lot in early game, specially in getting a sun lamp for those deadly biomes.

A few other things:

1-If you grab a piece of furniture and pick to your inventory, like turrets or a simple grill, the pawn ll not drop them unless assigned for any inventory config that dont use that item.  Seems to be a bug, and a complicated one as sometimes caravan pawn place stuff on their inventory instead of the pack animal. Also it complicate when you try to create machine gun teams with the pawns to take the fight to the enemy (pick the dismounted machine gun turret and building it close to the siege).
2-Sieges seems to be broken, they just hang around and dont build the turrets, i guess they lack resources to do so.
3-Sleeping bags are not considered a piece of furniture, cant pick them due to the inventory bug stated above and cant place them on the stockpile zones.

1. they plan to do a balance pass once all the major things are fixed.
2.animals eating anything is a stock issue not SK issue.
3.its a known bug that weapons cant currenty be deconed.
4. turrents not op its jusst that combat system is more realistic. the lag from explosions is due to a repeating error meaning u useing a old version as thats been fixed.

1. for inventory its known if u set up a assignment and u force try to put stuff in it can cause issues.
2. on seiges take SS with dev console open and put on git what u see so they know what to look for.
3.far as i know the sleeping bags and tents whre designed to be put in caravan inventory not personall backpack. those 2 inventorys are comptely differnt.

@Gaiska check the dev console. sounds like u got a constant repeating error.

Gaiska

and i dont see the window  of details in bills. its gone lol.

Kadrush

Quote from: sidfu on January 28, 2017, 11:36:46 AM
Quote from: Kadrush on January 28, 2017, 05:07:35 AM

A few other things:

1. they plan to do a balance pass once all the major things are fixed.
2.animals eating anything is a stock issue not SK issue.
3.its a known bug that weapons cant currenty be deconed.
4. turrents not op its jusst that combat system is more realistic. the lag from explosions is due to a repeating error meaning u useing a old version as thats been fixed.

1. for inventory its known if u set up a assignment and u force try to put stuff in it can cause issues.
2. on seiges take SS with dev console open and put on git what u see so they know what to look for.
3.far as i know the sleeping bags and tents whre designed to be put in caravan inventory not personall backpack. those 2 inventorys are comptely differnt.

@Gaiska check the dev console. sounds like u got a constant repeating error.

The inventory issue is, they can take furniture normaly, they pick button show up, they just cant drop them. Furniture (steel grills, sleeping bags, tents) were not meant to be inventory stuff?

About sleeping bags, what i meant was that there is no way to place it in a stockpile like you can do with dismounted beds and other pieces of furniture (tents do and both came with the same mod)

Next siege i ll do so, but i can guarantee that they are missing cloth for the sandbags, a drop pod left some cloth around a siege area (i didnt bothered to pick it up), the first thing the siegers made were to make a run for it and pick the cloth to make the sandbags.

Yeah, i usually wait around a week before downloading a new test version for the mod.

Tks for the reply

Reviire

So I've been having more of a proper playthrough. So far, it's going pretty well, i've managed to get over a lot of the issues I've been experiencing.

But there is one thing. Potatoes right now, you get a yield of around 5-7 per harvest, but it costs 25 potato seeds for 5 seeds. You see very little, if any gain from potatoes. Maybe there's a way to make this better that I'm missing, but I think it'd be worth lowering the cost to around 10 potatoes, or at least 15.

Quote from: Gizogin on March 16, 2012, 11:59:01 PM
I think I've been sigged more times as a result of my comments in this thread than I have in most of my other activity on these forums. 

Gaiska

Quote from: Gaiska on January 28, 2017, 11:43:38 AM
and i dont see the window  of details in bills. its gone lol.

im getting angry and make new game. so the problem is gone:)

Karim666

Hey,Can you try fixing loading save game after recruiting terminator in skynet mod
because i tried to force recruit in dev mod but the save game wont load

ElvenMusic

http://pastebin.com/tS0t0uLq
Im having issues with hunting and shooting muffalo, its an issue with combat realism and im not sure how to fix it, it just doesnt hurt muffalo at all

sidfu

Quote from: ElvenMusic on January 29, 2017, 01:35:15 PM
http://pastebin.com/tS0t0uLq
Im having issues with hunting and shooting muffalo, its an issue with combat realism and im not sure how to fix it, it just doesnt hurt muffalo at all

i ccant tell from the error but see what they doing when it does the error. to me looks like they looking for ammo. try haveing a min of 50 ammo in inventory or if u have a assignmet for their weapons try removeing the assignment

ElvenMusic

Everytime i shoot the muffalo, when it would likely have hit, this error pops up, my colonist has about 300 clips on him
(Problem Resolved)

zzz1000

I killed thousand of muffalos so it's unlikely something HSK specific. Maybe you mess up load order or installed something additional that rewrite muffalos