[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

here is a quick fix for refinery till sky fixes it

this goes into Mods\Core_SK\Defs\ThingDefs_Buildings

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]

Canute

Quote from: sidfu on April 10, 2017, 07:19:27 PM
Quote from: Shad on April 10, 2017, 06:47:20 PM
A minor thing I have noticed in the early game: the recurve bow seems to have missed a decimal point somewhere. At this point in time, the thing fires faster than many semi-auto weapons (0.3s warmup, 0.3s fire rate, 2 arrow burst). An easy way to deal with most conventional animals, including raptors. The best part is that of course, you need only the most basic resource to craft and arrows are virtually free. Made a masterwork one with Fel infusion, and seemed to get better results than with normal-good assault rifles.

I am not sure that's the way it's supposed to work (maybe the warmup was supposed to be 3s).

nope its correct. but u also forget that it has only a 63% aim effeciency and tthe best arrows metal ones only have 20% armor pen so later they do crap on hevaly armored guys.
Ohh,
no AP Uranium arrows or arrows with 20mm grenade heads ? :-(
You realy should think about that, that wouldn't be to bad since the bow don't got the range of an assault rifle.
But a heavy arrow can have  a much better AP ability then a Mach 3 moving light weight bullet.

sidfu

Quote from: Canute on April 11, 2017, 02:20:04 AM
Quote from: sidfu on April 10, 2017, 07:19:27 PM
Quote from: Shad on April 10, 2017, 06:47:20 PM
A minor thing I have noticed in the early game: the recurve bow seems to have missed a decimal point somewhere. At this point in time, the thing fires faster than many semi-auto weapons (0.3s warmup, 0.3s fire rate, 2 arrow burst). An easy way to deal with most conventional animals, including raptors. The best part is that of course, you need only the most basic resource to craft and arrows are virtually free. Made a masterwork one with Fel infusion, and seemed to get better results than with normal-good assault rifles.

I am not sure that's the way it's supposed to work (maybe the warmup was supposed to be 3s).

nope its correct. but u also forget that it has only a 63% aim effeciency and tthe best arrows metal ones only have 20% armor pen so later they do crap on hevaly armored guys.
Ohh,
no AP Uranium arrows or arrows with 20mm grenade heads ? :-(
You realy should think about that, that wouldn't be to bad since the bow don't got the range of an assault rifle.
But a heavy arrow can have  a much better AP ability then a Mach 3 moving light weight bullet.

thats why there is a cross blow. while not as fast as the recurve bow it does have 25+ damage per hit and has good armor pen.

Shad

The mighty legendary beast is no match for a "good" recurve bow and crossbow. Would have been faster with my better bowman, but he was down with flu.

sidfu

Quote from: Shad on April 11, 2017, 09:29:15 AM
The mighty legendary beast is no match for a "good" recurve bow and crossbow. Would have been faster with my better bowman, but he was down with flu.

well he only went down so fast as u destoried his heart. even with bow heart,spine and brain are critical hits.

Shad

Quote from: sidfu on April 11, 2017, 10:45:42 AM
well he only went down so fast as u destoried his heart. even with bow heart,spine and brain are critical hits.
You may notice the body was destroyed as well. The raw damage from 12 bow hits (144 damage) and 8 crossbow (192 damage) was enough (body is 320 hp). The heart was a lucky finisher, but not actually necessasy. Earlier, the same pair took out 4 insectoid scouts, without anyone else in the base even lifting a finger. That was was actually easier, as insectiods get stunlocked by projectile hits.

Maybe big beasts (from bears and up) need some sort of armor value to represent their thick hide?

sidfu

Quote from: Shad on April 11, 2017, 11:21:13 AM
Quote from: sidfu on April 11, 2017, 10:45:42 AM
You may notice the body was destroyed as well. The raw damage from 12 bow hits (144 damage) and 8 crossbow (192 damage) was enough (body is 320 hp). The heart was a lucky finisher, but not actually necessasy. Earlier, the same pair took out 4 insectoid scouts, without anyone else in the base even lifting a finger. That was was actually easier, as insectiods get stunlocked by projectile hits.

Maybe big beasts (from bears and up) need some sort of armor value to represent their thick hide?

some do have thick hide. that one u killed dont have thick hide. the large badger and such have thick hide. also buffalo/mufflo do. ive used that bow to hunt before and u can tell it takes aroound 8-10 for a buffalo due to the thick hide. thas why i was saying in a raid of people its low penetration of armor will keep it balanced.

EpicGunBlast

I'm struggling to find the multi-analyzer, is there a research area i need to learn??

Slipshodian

Quote from: EpicGunBlast on April 11, 2017, 12:53:21 PM
I'm struggling to find the multi-analyzer, is there a research area i need to learn??
The last time i checked, it was under ergonomics (don't ask me why, but it is). I get that it's supposed to boost research speed, but it's also essential for higher techs as well, which makes it odd where it's located on the tech tree.

EpicGunBlast

Quote from: Slipshodian on April 11, 2017, 01:44:30 PM
Quote from: EpicGunBlast on April 11, 2017, 12:53:21 PM
The last time i checked, it was under ergonomics (don't ask me why, but it is). I get that it's supposed to boost research speed, but it's also essential for higher techs as well, which makes it odd where it's located on the tech tree.
You sir, are a life saver.

Bronthion

Hello guys,

I started playing with this mod recently. At first that was ridiculously complicated but later I used to new mechanics and really enjoy it. But I have a couple of problems. I cannot build batteries, I used default start with 3 colonists so I have developed power by default and in the description we can read "This advancement unlock conduits and batteries" I have conduits but no batteries to build. There is an icon in the tech tree of conduit but no for battery, same like with agriculture(first tech on top), where I should be able to grow strawberries, corn, rice and build fence but I can build just fence. There is no option for these 3 plants when I click on growing zone and whats interesting - in a tech tree only fence has and icon, not plants, so I think bug is connected with it - stuff with icon can be build, stuff mentioned in the decription but without icon cant. I can live without those plants but without batteries it will be problematic...

Third bug (the smallest) is about display of required materials on some of the stuff I want to build. When I want to build something that I dont have materials for there is just a message about it, that i dont have materials but I dont even know which material I need, there is no red numbers with icon, there is nothing, i cant even place it somwehre. For example, I didnt know how to build torch lamp because I didint have kindling in my stockpile zone or somewhere on the map, there was no icon of kindling and amount of it below the name of item. So basically I didint know what I need for a torch :D and when by accident my colonists harvested kindling from plants, the torch magically has become available to build and required materials become visible. Same was with beds, only when for the first time I harvested leather from corpse of the animal, requirements appeared, earlier there was just a message "you dont have right materials".

What should I do to fix first bug with batteries? This is the most important problem, other are less important, but i think second one is connected to the first (no icon in the tech - not available to build).

Canute

It isn't realy a bug, it is just lazy developer who didn't update the description.
You mention the research page where you saw the conduit. Look  there if you can find the batteries somewhere. Sorry i don't have the modpack active anymore, but i just saw at the def's you need "Electronics I" if that helps.

And yes the research tree isn't realy linear. You can build workbenches or material but don't even got the requiered materials to do this.
This is very annoying special for beginners.
I lived very long with grilled steaks on the ice sheet until i finaly managed to grow something.

At the github page you find a guide for the beginning, maybe that helps you a bit.

Shad

Yes, for this modpack, it's very advised for a beginner to start in a warm temperate forest area with very short winters, so you can at least survive on berries and stuff in the worst situation.

Separately, a minor bug I found: the advanced sun lamp lighting outline is a bit misleading. 4 of the corner squares which are covered by the outline are only "50% lit" not "brightly lit".

sidfu

Quote from: Shad on April 11, 2017, 04:14:33 PM
Yes, for this modpack, it's very advised for a beginner to start in a warm temperate forest area with very short winters, so you can at least survive on berries and stuff in the worst situation.

Separately, a minor bug I found: the advanced sun lamp lighting outline is a bit misleading. 4 of the corner squares which are covered by the outline are only "50% lit" not "brightly lit".

hmm they should be same as stocklight as besides research and materal the lights for the sunlight should be untouched. can u post a SS or post a SS compareing the size of vanilla vs modpack?

Shad

Here is the screenshots. In the first one you can see the range, in the second, the bush placed in the corner within the zone not getting enough light.

[attachment deleted by admin due to age]