[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Canute

I can't speak for the Devs, but i think the infinite resources are a wanted feature, since the dangers of these events are much higher.
The geology veins are mosttimes never there where you want them, so they are mosttimes a bit outside and unprotected.

When you got 3 times the year a razor rain you wished you would settle into a mountain and don't need to rebuild nearly anything which is very resource intensive.

Shad

Mines are essential to survive past the early game. As mentioned before, razor rain, or infestation repairs cost a lot of resources and you can get those really early.

Also, late-game things cost a lot of resources (the sheer amount of sand you need for a microprocessor chip). You literally would run out of rocks, even if you start on a mountain. In my recent non-mountain games, the resource shortage can bite quite early on. If you don't have mines, you are literally done for.

Speaking of mines: pit mines seem to produce "rubble" as a from failed mining attempts. But unlike the resource named "rubble", the pit mine produces just a form of "dirt" named "rubble" which just makes colonist unhappy, and feels like a lot of wasted workhours from the colonist. It would be nice if the mine produced the resource "rubble" from fails instead.

Regarding future development: have you looked at integrating the "Increased Forest Density" mod into the pack? It really does make forests feel like forests teeming with dangerous animals.

delheit

I cant figure out how to heat anything. Sometimes a Simple campfire or heating stove causes a room to easily reach above 80-100F but putting it in a nearby room with a vent never seems to give enough heat. I had better luck using radiates but the multi fuel stove had a bug I think where it made heat even with no fuel in them.

I dont know if Im doing something wrong but I also dont have any other mods affecting heat. Definitely a bigger problem with tiny jail cells. I never had this problem in vanilla.

P.S. Great mod/modpack I basically cant play rimworld without hardcore sk.

Canute

At early stage of my colony i used power generators with coal/peat to heat my big main room. Vents to get the heat to neightboors rooms and outside if needed.

Later electric heater and smart vents to control the temp. automatical.

After that i setup a power generator room, and transport the heat with ducts to the rooms.

But thats was on a very cold biome. On other biomes i just would use elect. heater because of the temp. control and let the power generators outside.

Krajca

Back there was an option to construct something with hi-skilled guy. Can someone tell me where or if that option still do exist?

EDIT and why don't D:

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: Krajca on June 02, 2017, 04:22:45 PM
Back there was an option to construct something with hi-skilled guy. Can someone tell me where or if that option still do exist?

EDIT and why don't D:

Sounds like you are looking for Quality Builder, I add that mod to this modpack with no problems.

SmartererThanYou

I seem to get this strange rubber banding effect with my colonists after an hour er so of play

Sephyr

was having the same issues in A16, seemed possibly something to do with their mood modifiers (that list would flicker between the full list and maybe 1-3 modifiers) whenever they got close to other colonists or something that affected mood.
Got to the point where every game i played ended when the game just wasnt able to load the save anymore and just crashed.
Hoping A17 takes some of those problems away as they did do some memory improvements, we'll see

silverskin

I don't envy the guys behind this mod project. With the massive list of mods, and these new base game versions, it seems like they're going to have to take the whole thing apart and rewrite it all, at some point. That's going to be a lot of work and messing about. This being modular is all well and good but it would probably work smoother if it were rewritten and packaged together.

They're doing a brilliant job so much that I can't even play Rimworld without Hardcore SK anymore. It's just too essential. Looking forward to the A17 update.

Dama

I'm not getting any visitors to my colony or any trade caravans and have had zero raids.  It's almost the beginning of winter and nobody has shown up.  I've had 2 events where a person wanted to join but other than that nothing.  I've had one manhunter attack, it was a single terramorph.  I didn't have any silver or steel to start and only have about 290 silver that one of the colonists donated so maybe that's part of it.  Any ideas on a fix?

Canute

It has nothing to do how many wealth your colony got. I allways remove any silver from my start to add some extra wood (when on ice) or some weapon with EdB PC.

It is just bad luck combined with too far away from nearby outposts maybe.

A fix, research the com. console, mine some silver then call Trade caravans (600 silver).

Dama

I got my first raid on the 6th of winter.  3 tribal raiders.  Seems things are working afterall and I just needed more wealth for the raids at least.  Still strange that I don't get any visitors or trade caravans.  I will have to try building a com relay for trade.

MightyGooga

Hey Guys hello.

Does anyone know if the steam generator no long accepts Peat as fuel? The strangest thing happened, I started a game a few days ago, and the generetor would accept peat. Now, it wont accept it. Is there a way to change this in config files? Thanks

I also would like to know how to disable the swarm event. Is it possible?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: gustavoghe on June 05, 2017, 07:54:59 PM
Hey Guys hello.

Does anyone know if the steam generator no long accepts Peat as fuel? The strangest thing happened, I started a game a few days ago, and the generetor would accept peat. Now, it wont accept it. Is there a way to change this in config files? Thanks

I also would like to know how to disable the swarm event. Is it possible?

Coal generator works on coal or peat.
Yes u can disable. Just find xml: Mods\Core_SK\Defs\IncidentDefs\Incidents_SK_Events.xml
and  find <defName>Swarm</defName>, then set <baseChance>0</baseChance>

Quote from: Dama on June 04, 2017, 02:00:52 PM
I got my first raid on the 6th of winter.  3 tribal raiders.  Seems things are working afterall and I just needed more wealth for the raids at least.  Still strange that I don't get any visitors or trade caravans.  I will have to try building a com relay for trade.

We are already working on A17, Event generation, trader caravans and their chance reworked.

kenmtraveller

Have you guys considered adding the Recon and Discovery Mod to hardcore SK?  I'm playing with it and it adds a lot more reasons to travel on the world map.