[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

Quote from: kenmtraveller on August 04, 2017, 02:47:56 PM
I'm sure you are right.  I was able to reliably win randy extreme in A16, but the combination of all of the AI fixes in A17 , CE, and HCSK has been hard to figure out.   I currently play Rey Rough, btw.
I'm glad to hear that Mechanoids are being rebalanced.  I no longer have significant problems with non-mechanoid raids, but I have difficulty inflicting sufficient damage on mechanoid scythers and stalkers before they kill me.  I can handle lone centipedes by kiting.

I'm thinking that I'm not investing in weapon production early enough.  I think I'm in year 2 and I have yet to build my own rifles.  My current strategy against poison ships (on my second one now) is to partially wall it in at 3 distance, then place 5-7 IEDs in the way out, then trigger it, after placing more IEDs on where I think they would likely assault my base.
That didn't actually kill any mechanoids, so i then called in help from two friendly factions in succession, however the orassans showed up without weapons and the others were medieval.  They did inflict some damage on a scyther.
I'm now debating whether it will be useful to ask for more help -- I do have around 3000 silver -- or not.  Only my survival rifle does significant damage against the mechanoids due to their armor, and the scyther seems to be more accurate , with better damage and longer range.
How would you handle this situation?
Ken

Quote from: sidfu on August 03, 2017, 07:51:51 PM
most of u find it hard as u still stuck in vanilla mindset. the skynet mod and darkness event can be disabled if u dont like that's the reason they separate mod.

darkness is easy event just put a bunch of torches out and easy to bypass.
mechs are in process of being balanced.

@ignzflam  on buildings its call progression. each type is better make more items or different items.

poison ship its possible to move a few catapults in range think range is around 50 for a catapult and range it some. catapults are cheap just time consuming to make.

on the mechs the number they spawn is dependent of wealth also.  we just nerfed their spawn to around 2 year mark or such. balancing any type of pawn is tricky as u easily make them to easy or too hard with just small tweaks. probably what will happen is that they get their natural armor reduced.

dont be afraid to jump on discord and ask about others strategies people do all types of things.

for those that have issues on food jerky is early travel food so u can if u wanted form a trade caravan in first 5 days if u wanted. on food most biomes have lots of harvestable plants. also make enough roasted to last 2 days.

remember alot of the enabled mods can be disabled. all u need to play hcsk is hugslib,core,core sk, allow tool, combat enhanced. i think thats all thats needed others are extra

jtgsz

I have a bug.

The terminator event triggered near the edge and I hit agree and he just walked off the map leaving me to face a enemy terminator without my own terminator.

rip

EPD

Hah, now i got funny bug.

I wanted to install exoskeleton in one of my pawns. First i tried with one allready improved (arms, ribs etc.) and not only Exoskeleton removed / replaced all of those improvements but also my pawn LOST HIS HEAD :D lol. I mean graphicaly, cause nothing in health tab said "Head - cutted off" :D

After reload I tried it with on my "standard" pawn, without any improvements, and effect was same - missing head.
Im using standard mod config, nothing added like "Diseases overhauled" or "Extended Human body simulation" nor "Mod Medicine Patch"

Any advice? :D

sidfu

Quote from: EPD on August 05, 2017, 12:28:45 PM

I wanted to install exoskeleton in one of my pawns. First i tried with one allready improved (arms, ribs etc.) and not only Exoskeleton removed / replaced all of those improvements but also my pawn LOST HIS HEAD :D lol. I mean graphicaly, cause nothing in health tab said "Head - cutted off" :D

After reload I tried it with on my "standard" pawn, without any improvements, and effect was same - missing head.
Im using standard mod config, nothing added like "Diseases overhauled" or "Extended Human body simulation" nor "Mod Medicine Patch"

where  u useing the expanded body and diseases?

EPD

Quote from: sidfu on August 05, 2017, 01:10:55 PM
Quote from: EPD on August 05, 2017, 12:28:45 PM

where  u useing the expanded body and diseases?

No, i think that mod was on my "possible to activate" list for quite some time (like it was added to SK mod pack in some moment), however when i read about it, i didn't want so many new stuff to body parts, and surgeries so the answer is no, never had that turned on.

sidfu

ill take a look at it probaly have to disable it thou. this probaly be a good chance to verfiy all the epoe implants are in and just remove the exoskeleton

thamathar

How to we store the berries ? Do we need a specific item for it ?!

kenmtraveller

Thanks for the tip about catapults, they helped me defeat 2 poison ships and a psychic ship.  I had to call in 3 sets of friendies on each one to wear them down, but it worked.
Unfortunately, a little after the psychic ship I got a straight mechanoid attack of 2 scythers two stalkers and 3-4 crawlers.  Even with 4 assault rifles and 2 mortars  (which suck, by the way-- catapults are actually better due to rate of fire, which is wierd) , along with several high skill melee guys, my colonists had no chance.  Feels like heavy weapon emplacements would have helped, but they are gated behind the high tech workbench and I had only recently gotten enough ultrasolid metal to build it.
Hopefully they'll balance the mechanoids soon!
Ken

Penitent Engine

Hi guys, not sure if this is the right place to post this because it's about an individual mod rather than the mod pack itself. But I was playing with this mod pack previously and there was a huge drawback to one of the mods that made me stop playing altogether. I really liked this mod and couldn't imagine playing without it (prepare carefully) but I would spend a long time perfectly crafting every character to be unique, immersive and balanced. Yet when I would load into the game, all of the traits and so forth would be randomized because apparently a lot of them are tied to race or whatever the case. But because I have no way of knowing which traits are tied to what, I'd be getting completely random and unknown things happening with my character when I start playing, which is worse than the default character creation because then at least I could reroll and know what I'm getting. Has there been any change or update to how this works? Any advice on how to make this less incredibly frustrating?

Canute

You rightt that question goes more into EdB's PC then here.

QuoteBut because I have no way of knowing which traits are tied to what,
If you want be sure, you need to made multiple sets, with just
EdB's PC + Vanila and create a human set.
EdB's PC + Race Mod to create these race set.

These set you should be able to load into higher modded games, but no 100% garantee, since i think some mods disable some traits or overwrite them.
Mods that expand traits should work without problem.

Penitent Engine

Well I think I'll be playing without the pack and adding a lot of mods from it on an individual basis, to ensure maximum compatibility and also for balance preference reasons. I'll exclude anything that adds in races and so forth and hopefully that'll make it more in line with what I want. From what you're saying (If I'm understanding correctly), it seems like if I avoid adding in a bunch of traits and races, then this should be less of a problem? Anyway, thanks for your help.

psninja

hello i have a little bug don't know if it's suppose to be that way but i have the mod skynet activated thanks to the mod pack but when i start a world they are no faction added (skynet or resistance) just nothing like it use to can someone tell me if it's normal ?

Schio

Hey everyone,

i just started a new game and build a jerky drying rack,
but how can i use it? I can't add any bills and right clicking also doesn't have any options.

Canute

Schio,
its basicly like a brewing barrel, but you need to fill it with salted meat.
After it is filled up, and the right temperatur, you just need to wait.

Wazowski

Hello

A query, if I already have the Terminator if I do not die, I do not get the event anymore? I would like to have the T1000 or TX ;D ;D

In a few words, I can have 2 terminators at a time?

regards