[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

BlackSmokeDMax

Quote from: sidfu on August 31, 2017, 07:07:55 PM
reason jerky goes bad sooner is for balance is all.

Is jerky better than salted meat for it to be balanced that way? Do you eat more salted meat for the same nutrition value or do you get joy?

If you eat the same or don't get joy, seems there would be no reason to make jerky, as it is same ingredients but more work + you need the extra resources to build jerky rack(s) now.

Thanks for the reply!

sidfu

salted meat is the same food value as raw meat. it was left that value to not throw off meals when say u run out of raw meat and use your salted meat in meals.

jerky isnt meat to be a normal food. think of it as a travel meal. compared to orginal jerky the current version dont weight as much so u could use it for your caravans.

so in end jerky is meant to be a last choice food before u eat raw foods and for travel. with the way it is now u can basicaly start caravan within first month.

BlackSmokeDMax

Canute

Quote from: silverskin on August 31, 2017, 07:58:04 PM
What would you have to do to remove all industrial factions from the game so you can just run it tribal?

I'm talking disable regular raiders, asari, nova, outlanders, and disabling all mechanoid raids.
I know we can already disable a lot of events with the scenario editor. But I want to get rid off all those troublesome factions with their guns so I can just be invaded by sword- and bow-wielding tribals and have good ol' fashioned medieval bloodshed.

This modpack has great potential for building a low-tech colony. It's just that actual low-tech colonies have no survivability.
This modpack isn't designed to stay as tribal, not for the crafting not for the research not for the events.

You can try and check if Tribal planet
https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=32473.0
works, but if wouldn't count on it.

silverskin

I know it's not designed to stay tribal/medieval, with all this variety of tech, crafting projects and materials. But there are plenty of low-tech things to research and build. So much of it but I can't say I've ever actually used it. It just isn't practical. Swords and metal armour isn't very useful when every raider has an assault rifle. Cooking up pemmican and building passive room coolers is also something you skip in a second by researching the first levels of "conventional power" and "infrastructure", then breaking down a ship part and building an electric freezer right away.
It can't be balanced against all these gun-toting bandits and inferno-cannon mechanoids.

I'll definitely check out that tribal planet mod, thanks.

I'm just still wondering if there are any files in HCSK that can be quickly deleted or edited to make it so industrial tech factions spawn on the world map, and so no mechanoids ever randomly invade. Would probably ramp up the insectoid invasions to make up for it, if possible.

Canute

Then you should install discord, and ask at the discord channel. Then you might get a faster answer.

sidfu

there is no way to quickly make the pack tribal only. your talking about the removal of probably 50k+ lines of xml.

if u would stop rushing your research and build your base and also manage your wealth u wouldn't be having so many raiders with guns. you cant play this mod pack like vanilla. just cause u see a node of coal dont mean u need to mine all of it u only arbutauly increasing your wealth.

one of the most common complaints we get is that they play tribal so why do they get attacked by people with guns. then u ask them their wealth and research and u see they rushing research and have a billion logs,meat and ore.

people have to remember everything on the map adds to wealth. just cause is not in stockpile means nothing.

a good example of 1 error people make. just cause u have a freezer dont mean u need to butcher every animal. a corpse is near nothing on wealth but meat can add up faster than logs can.

alot of work goes into the pack more than most know.

Captain_Goatse

Does anyone know how to store enriched uranium in a safe way? I put it into a barrel, pawns get rad poisoning just by walking in the area. By the way, any idea on how big the affected area is?

Canute

Barrel is the right idea, there should be a storage solution with the Hazard symbol one it.

sidfu

Quote from: Captain_Goatse on September 03, 2017, 08:21:30 AM
Does anyone know how to store enriched uranium in a safe way? I put it into a barrel, pawns get rad poisoning just by walking in the area. By the way, any idea on how big the affected area is?

there is no safe way. what u can do is move it to a safe area. then make a zone around it and invert that zone.

ignazflam

Quote from: sidfu on September 01, 2017, 11:16:18 AM
there is no way to quickly make the pack tribal only. your talking about the removal of probably 50k+ lines of xml.

if u would stop rushing your research and build your base and also manage your wealth u wouldn't be having so many raiders with guns. you cant play this mod pack like vanilla. just cause u see a node of coal dont mean u need to mine all of it u only arbutauly increasing your wealth.

one of the most common complaints we get is that they play tribal so why do they get attacked by people with guns. then u ask them their wealth and research and u see they rushing research and have a billion logs,meat and ore.

people have to remember everything on the map adds to wealth. just cause is not in stockpile means nothing.

a good example of 1 error people make. just cause u have a freezer dont mean u need to butcher every animal. a corpse is near nothing on wealth but meat can add up faster than logs can.

alot of work goes into the pack more than most know.

Hello,

From my perspective the problem are not raids but events. Additionally the tropical rain forest start is not balanced. My next tries will be on standard forest (without terminator).
About weapons, I got more advanced weapons that I needed really fast. I would like to see more raiders with less advanced weapons at the beginning, not because they are problems but because the progress in weapons I loot is much faster then progress in technology tree. Additionally if AI spawn one raider with really good weapon, my pawns can just wait behind the corner and melee him and take ranged weapon.

sidfu

type of raiders u get are based on wealth.

the way it does it when a raid is triggered it checks your wealth vs the raid factions and such. then it bases what raids u on how much wealth u get. thats why i said u have to watch your wealth or u easly push into people with smg and pistols real fast.

the factions are soon gonna have a bit of a overhaul and it probaly be better then u just have to wait.

r4ky

anyone know how to make cigarios with tobacco please? i build each workbench without be able to find the good one ? or maybe it's a bug ??

Canute

Sorry i don't know at moment, but the modpack got the helptab included.
Can't you use the helptab and search for tobacco, then it show you what table/recipe it use and what missing research you need.

r4ky

Quote from: Canute on September 04, 2017, 12:45:25 PM
Sorry i don't know at moment, but the modpack got the helptab included.
Can't you use the helptab and search for tobacco, then it show you what table/recipe it use and what missing research you need.

thanks for reply,

Of course i did it ! but helptab say : tobacco workbench -_-' and this one just don't exist ^^