[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

sidfu

Quote from: killermen962 on September 21, 2017, 09:38:31 AM
So this happend with 3 worlds I made, after awhile they just "corrupt" and this latest run I just cant stand to lose...

Log: https://gist.github.com/1949e4195aa4cd70112644fda68090cd

Edit: Re-launched to try and get a simpler "straight to the point" crash log and it loaded just fine.... Dont know if that is going to be a one time thing or a permanent fix but ya....

here is your issue Out of memory. if it is on loading a game from save that is the base game OOM bug. dont play bigger than 300x300 and make sure to use the GC cleaner every time before u exit game or and after a raid.

also make sure to exit the game and restart if the game gets close to useing 3gb while u playing. once it hits 3gb at anytime u can get the cant save due to Out of memory and u also risk greater chance of Out of memory on load bug.

Duftmand

Was the ability to get hay from cutting tall grass removed? or is there a specific research you need to do before it becomes possible? i recall i did it in my last playthrough. How do you get hay other than haygrass now?

Kadian

Quote from: Duftmand on September 21, 2017, 10:59:34 PM
Was the ability to get hay from cutting tall grass removed? or is there a specific research you need to do before it becomes possible? i recall i did it in my last playthrough. How do you get hay other than haygrass now?
Cutting grass to get hay is still a thing and should work fine.

XDevilDanteX

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2017, 09:07:17 AM
Did you allready use the Help tab, and check what nessesary research you maybe are missing ?

I tried to search on the help tab "industrial cooler" but it seems like there is no cooler but the standard one.

lordmatiz

Executing and dissasembling of prisoners is way too harsh on humors.
E.g. After a raid 4 of my colonists were injured (lost one eye, one liver and few fingers - total of 5-6 body parst) so naturally since I'm at early tech level I've captured 2 or 3 raiders to 1. harvest organs to replace lost ones and 2. make them work for me.
After 1. I had great humor loss which caused some of my colonists to break because "we are EVIL people who harvest organs from people who can't do anything about it!"..... IMHO this debuff should be either smaller or there should be the opposite buff for all colonists after organs replacement since "colony looks after their people" or something like that.
After I tried new prison work mod- I've decided to "motivate" my prisoners to work harder executing these prisoners who decided to stop working.... This ofc caused more of my colonists to throw tantrum because "We are EVEN WORSE because we MURDERED INNOCENT prisoner!" - Yup! the same one that tried to kill all of us few days ago...

I feel it'd have more sense to give slight humor bonus on serving justice to a raider - since colonists don't get upset by finishing them right away(!) or leaving them on the ground to let them bleed out :)

orcinator

Tried one of the most recent versions and here's my feedback.

Really wish there was a way to control pawns' diets so they stop eating all the fancy herbs I need for advanced medicine. Making Hypericum and the like give a raw food debuff would help.
Terminators are still a huge pain (and for some reason you can't view their health tab until they're dead)
The darkness event is still more of an  annoyance than a true threat and requires you to rebuild all your doors if you don't have lighting on both sides of em.
Spiders are cool but they don't give you the "animal hunting" warning when they're going after something so you have to exterminate them whenever they show up or lose your dog.
Armor is way stronger than in a16 since it seems to actually block attacks now. This does make AP ammo much more valuable, yet you need depleted uranium to craft it. You can still get tons of AP ammo from raiders, but it would be nice to be able to manufacture your own before the very late game.

Also experienced some bugs as usual:
Picking crashlanded makes one of the three starting pawns not appear.
Also the bug that cancels raids because the faction raiding doesn't have a suitable pawn group is still there.
I seem to get the squad flag error every time a group of neutral/hostile pawns decide to wander for a bit.

Quote from: XDevilDanteX on September 22, 2017, 07:49:48 AM
Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2017, 09:07:17 AM
Did you allready use the Help tab, and check what nessesary research you maybe are missing ?

The higher end temperature buildings were removed for some reason. You do have the water based ones from hygene though.

I tried to search on the help tab "industrial cooler" but it seems like there is no cooler but the standard one.

Yeah, you have to rely on the basic one and the water powered ones that come with hygiene. (whoops forgot to add that)

Schio

Quote from: Canute on September 21, 2017, 03:46:23 AM
Try to disable the mod "AlienRaces".

when i disable that mod, the game has a lot of errors and can't be played anymore. Any other suggestions?

Canute

Sorry no, looks like the alien are a corepart of HCSK.
I forget that sidfu (one of the devs of this modpack) mention
Quotemandatory mods are
1.hugslib
2.alien framework
3.combat enhanced
4. core
5. core sk

lordmatiz

After reload my T-800 has unlocked all skills with 14 lvl (20 in shooting and melee).
Also I've noticed that skip doesn't work as intended (I guess...)

[attachment deleted by admin: too old]

lordmidas

Quote from: orcinator on September 23, 2017, 03:22:13 AM
Really wish there was a way to control pawns' diets so they stop eating all the fancy herbs I need for advanced medicine. Making Hypericum and the like give a raw food debuff would help.

I use the "WM Smarter Food Selection" mod for that purpose which allows you to set food policies for colonists, animals etc separately and even for individual colonists or animals. The mod also allows to create custom policies by editing its .xml files and the author has a nice tutorial for that as well. The mod is available on Steam Workshop and the link to the custom policy making guide is also in the description there. This mod is also compatible with Hardcore SK.

I think something like this should be included in the Hardcore SK pack.

lordmidas

Quote from: lordmatiz on September 24, 2017, 04:45:13 AM
Also I've noticed that skip doesn't work as intended (I guess...)

Skips are working as intended. It took me some time to observe and learn how the skips work. You can only store ONE type of resource in a skip. The way it works is that the pawns put the resource on one tile of the skip and it gets transferred into a stack on the other tile of the skip. The other tile can hold a very large stack, however the first tile will remain empty.

Examples of working and not working skip:
Working: Allow granite blocks only. One tile will remain empty and the other will hold a very large stack of granite blocks.
Not working: Allow granite blocks and limestone blocks. Only one type of resource will be stored.

I hope I made it clear to you. Let me know if you need more clarification :)

mikeydmc

You guys should add facial stuff to your mod. Now has some facial animations, separate beards, and shows things like bionic eye. It also gives colonists way more variety, especially when they are wearing hats hats because it doesn't hide hair. Currently alpha 17 version is no longer compatible

killermen962

Whats with this race that causes lightning bolts? One just killed my colony of 8 people by striking all of them, they weren't even close together just spammed lightning everywhere.

Also, Here is a pretty fucked moment from a marriage, watch the groom https://gfycat.com/FatalHarmfulBrownbear

sidfu

Quote from: killermen962 on September 24, 2017, 08:42:43 PM
Whats with this race that causes lightning bolts? One just killed my colony of 8 people by striking all of them, they weren't even close together just spammed lightning everywhere.

Also, Here is a pretty fucked moment from a marriage, watch the groom https://gfycat.com/FatalHarmfulBrownbear

asari do lighting. just melee them if u can as its all rng if they do the attack. u can also equip armor with electric defense to prevent more damage from it.

killermen962

Anyone else having issues with caravan encounters? Keep getting one manhunter boom rat or a faction with 0 members mugging me....

http://prntscr.com/gpj2rh

I chose to fight and nothing happend, just carried on my marry way.