[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

AnddyiRaynor

Quote from: baiph on January 09, 2018, 10:20:51 AM
Quote from: AnddyiRaynor on January 09, 2018, 03:22:35 AM
Clutter Structure "mod" has windows. https://ludeon.com/forums/index.php?topic=17610.0 You can shoot and climb through them. This mod has clutter structure but it may not have that part of it.

On another note, Industrial rollers conflicts with SS Fuses. I don't even think it shows up in my mod list unless I throw that mod in there, anyways I just changed industrial rollers to version 17 to turn it off. Fixed that issue since I at least wasn't using the rollers. That and I wanted the hours I wasted back, even though I knew the rollers clearly had something to do with my issue.

This modpack actually has that too, because there are multiple textures in the Core_SK folder for windows, but there are nowhere to be found in the game except if you go to dev mode and spawn it there. There is also a glasswork table that I saw when I went to god mode, but it has no bills, so I'm thinking that it might be on hold for now since it may not be functioning properly?

Maybe try saving then using dev modes research all complete or whatever it's called, because I have the glasswork table and it has 3 bills, create glass batch, create glass frames, reinforce glass frames. Lots of things in this mod need to researched before you can use them.. Haven't seen the glass walls though?

doc776

Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2018, 04:17:35 AM
"Attempt to access invalid address." is a good indicator that Rimworld runs out of memory.
Play a smaller maps, or try a linux dual boot, because Rimworld runs under linux at 64 bit.
wait rimworld runs in 32bit mode in windows? :0 so it cant make use of the free 20gb of mem?

Canute

Quote from: doc776 on January 11, 2018, 02:33:51 AM
Quote from: Canute on January 10, 2018, 04:17:35 AM
"Attempt to access invalid address." is a good indicator that Rimworld runs out of memory.
Play a smaller maps, or try a linux dual boot, because Rimworld runs under linux at 64 bit.
wait rimworld runs in 32bit mode in windows? :0 so it cant make use of the free 20gb of mem?
Gotcha !

Ky6000

I can't use the hi tech research bench even when its paired with the terminal, am I missing something here?

Elektrycerz

I have a problem: guns are completely useless. Have I done something wrong wile installing the modpack? In my normal colony, I made myself some Lee-Enfields (good/excellent quality, 100% HP), but they are useless. I can't hit a stationary Buffalo from 5m away. With a 14-skill shooter (with no injuries, in daylight, with no obstacles)

I went further and made a new colony of 20-skill shooters with sniper rifles and assault rifles. Still, they can't hit anything, regardless of range. I've used up close to 400 ammo on my tests and registered 0 hits. Or did I...

Sometimes, when shooting, a blood stain appears on the ground below the target. But no damage is done. Is this the problem? Why are guns dealing no damage or are completely inaccurate?

Please help me, - it's totally ruining my playthrough, as I have to use melee exclusively, and most of my colonists are only good shooters...

Sarge

This sounds like the issues I had with Combat Extended. If you are running that, try removing it from your mod list and test again.

Elektrycerz

Quote from: Sarge on January 13, 2018, 09:42:42 AM
This sounds like the issues I had with Combat Extended. If you are running that, try removing it from your mod list and test again.

It's pretty obvious that it is caused by Combat Extended, but I don't want to get rid of it. I thought this modpack works 100% on B18, but then I checked Combat Extended and saw that it's for A17...

So... HardcoreSK has Combat Extended as one of it's mods, but it is generally advised to play without it? Realistic combat is one of the most important things to me, so the game without it will not play very well... Is there no possibility of fixing the "no damage" bug without removing CE altogether?

Sarge

Quote from: Elektrycerz on January 13, 2018, 10:04:20 AM

It's pretty obvious that it is caused by Combat Extended, but I don't want to get rid of it. I thought this modpack works 100% on B18, but then I checked Combat Extended and saw that it's for A17...

So... HardcoreSK has Combat Extended as one of it's mods, but it is generally advised to play without it? Realistic combat is one of the most important things to me, so the game without it will not play very well... Is there no possibility of fixing the "no damage" bug without removing CE altogether?

If it's that obvious to you why didn't you say so in your initial post with reasons why you are so certain so that it can help narrow it down for those from whom you're so seemingly desperately seeking assistance from?

Ignoring that though, I feel you, it is the same for me, but I have not seen anyone offer a solution anywhere or a comment that from anyone that they feel like looking into the matter with CE.

So, to the best of my knowledge, no CE is fucked.

As for why CE is in the released B18 HCSK pack when it doesn't work for B18, I am just as curious as you. I am sure there's a decent reason though. We'll see what they say.

Valor

I just had colony with mossins as starting weapon and it was very fine, they were killing stuff left and right. Bows work fine as well in my current playthrough. I test few more weapons and let you know, maybe installation was done badly?

Canute

Quote from: Elektrycerz on January 13, 2018, 10:04:20 AM

And again,
This modpack is unique, you can't compare it with a regluar set of mods.
All mod's inside this modpack are modified. Mosttimes you can't just simply replace them with a maybe updated version of the mod.

You shouldn't add mod's at your own, it can work, but mosttime it cause errors.
So long you want to play this modpack, you just should get updates from Github, don't forget not to overwrite, delete the old first.
And when you want play a normal game, don't forget to restore "Core".

And if you got more detailed question about the modpack, i think it is a good idea to ask them at their discord channel.
The dev's of the modpack rarely watch this forum.

Harry_Dicks

Quote from: Sarge on January 13, 2018, 10:17:14 AM
As for why CE is in the released B18 HCSK pack when it doesn't work for B18, I am just as curious as you. I am sure there's a decent reason though. We'll see what they say.

Because the authors of HardcoreSK are quite a few guys, and they internally maintain all of the mods within their pack to my knowledge. So when B18 comes out, a lot of the mods that are fully integrated and essential to the modpack, they have to update themselves anyway, because the regular release, of say Combat Extended, probably wouldn't even work with HardcoreSK. If you know anything about the definitions, you will see that HCSK uses all kinds of custom <thingClass> and all kinds of other shit. This is why just throwing a regular mod into that pack can not work a lot of the time. Yeah, some of them will. But a lot won't, or will have some or a lot of things broken. I believe that mod pack should be thought of more as a kind of complete all in one mod pack overhaul, because that's exactly what it is, that isn't really meant for you to have all kinds of extra mods in there. They try to take care of everything in there for you. Even though you might only see like 40-50 mods or whatever it is in the folder, they have a crap ton more just fully integrated into their Core_SK. That pack just offers so much, that's so unique, that anything you do to change it just has literally so many different possibilities for so many different things to go wrong, that it's really hard for you to not mess something up when adding mods to it.

EPD

Hi, everything worked fine until Fenix left my map.

Came, did some firestuff, left, and from that point - BOOM, every 2 sec PAUSE, and log spam with:

"Added Heat to null map"
Added heat to null map.
Verse.Log:Error(String)
Verse.GenTemperature:PushHeat(IntVec3, Map, Single)
Verse.CompHeatPusher:CompTick()
Verse.ThingWithComps:Tick()
Verse.Pawn:Tick()
SK.Feenix:Tick()
RimWorld.Planet.WorldPawns:WorldPawnsTick()
RimWorld.Planet.World:WorldTick()
Verse.TickManager:DoSingleTick()
Verse.TickManager:TickManagerUpdate()
Verse.Game:UpdatePlay()
Verse.Root_Play:Update()

Also there is a lot of these in log file

Added heat to null map.

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

So I had to roll back save and kill bastard...

Agent00Soul

Thanks for keeping this up and going!

PS its so awesome that conveyer belts are back. Its what makes big colonies late game possible.

Valor

Lets talk about Sulfur a bit.

Its made from iorn ore atm, but according to description should be made also from crude oil. But from crude oil you make Sulphates, totally different product. I think that these two should be one and its a bug, am I right? Some old change logs 11.1-12 or so also suggest this should be the case. Any ideas?

Thanks!

sidfu

we know about the null error with the uniqe creatures. we trying to track it down

we know about sulfur. right now we changeing things to steam line some things and remove items ha say have just 1 use right now.

as for additional mods. long as they use the stuff system for buildings it should be compatiable long as they don tspecify materals. if u have a question about a mod just jump on discord and ask.