[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

notfood

Thanks for the update!

Can't smelt metal from slag in the smelting furnace? That thing was crucial early game, late game it's just useless. It's the only way to have steel if you don't have coal in the map.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: pestilenz on September 22, 2015, 03:32:07 PM
Thanks skyarkhangel for your great work. I was using the last version till my colony burned down. You know, some men just want to watch the world burn ...

There are currently two issues on my side with your recent version.
First, LT-Redistheat spits out a texture error on Linux and Mac. You should update to latest version, the bug has been fixed.
Second, the problem with my colonist hunting a downed animal persists. In the beginning of my latest colony, everything worked. But after 2-3 days, my two hunting colonists won't move. There is a downed animal which is set to 'hunt'. But the debug console pops up, telling my that Leighton and Max produced more than 10 jobs in 10 ticks with the hunting job. And they stop moving, telling me they are 'standing'. As soon as I uncheck the hunting job, they work normally again. I haven't foud this bug in other posts yet, am I doing something wrong? New world etc. applied. Thanks in advance!

EDIT: I've notice that it seems to depend on the weapon. Leighton has a Semiauto AMSR and he has problems, Max has a Plasma Charger (second priciest in PrepareCarefully) and he works normally. Also, after loading the savgame, the Reload Weapon button disappeared.

Need more information, conditions, when it occurs. So iam going to reproduce error.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: pestilenz on September 22, 2015, 06:25:36 PM
The missing buttons seemed to be cause by another error, also the vein miner was missing or smooth wall, but can't remember.

for reproduction of the standing bug:
- new colony, random site, no changes to colonists or anything
- when they landed, I downed some animals with the debug console and designated them for hunting
- one hunting colonist gets the Survival Rifle - he goes hunting
- I spawned the Semiauto AMSR and equipped the same colonist with it
- after hosing to hunt, the 10 ticks... error appears, he's standing
- draft him to break the cycle, equip him with the Survival Rifle
- undraft him, he goes hunting again

Maybe some weapons are having some problems?

problem found... it's easy.. Because.. some of weapons (most of them are snipers) have minimal fire distance... And when colonist want to finish target, he cant do that. LOL

Owlchemist

I had 2.2a for a few days, and I started a new game with 2.2b today. It seems my storage pallets and skips no longer hold multiple items. They only hold 1. Before it would hold 3 and 5 items, respectively.

Btw I just started playing Rimworld last week, so I apologize if this problem report is a misunderstanding.
And, while I'm here, I just want to thank you for and all the other modders who made this modpack a thing! It's great!

EDIT: I dug through the xml files and it looks like all the special code those storage items had were removed between 2.2a and b. I tried to add it back in but lots of errors, not a simple fix it seems :(

sarevockk

id love to use your mod.. and i did.. but i dont know what i did wrong since the first play ended in ctd after 13 secs of play.... and the second ended in... red screen after saving the game 14 secs after start
here i leave you an error.log that i cant understand... (its like chinese to me)its from the second play

[attachment deleted due to age]

Hugo

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 22, 2015, 07:53:40 PM
Quote from: pestilenz on September 22, 2015, 06:25:36 PM
The missing buttons seemed to be cause by another error, also the vein miner was missing or smooth wall, but can't remember.

for reproduction of the standing bug:
- new colony, random site, no changes to colonists or anything
- when they landed, I downed some animals with the debug console and designated them for hunting
- one hunting colonist gets the Survival Rifle - he goes hunting
- I spawned the Semiauto AMSR and equipped the same colonist with it
- after hosing to hunt, the 10 ticks... error appears, he's standing
- draft him to break the cycle, equip him with the Survival Rifle
- undraft him, he goes hunting again

Maybe some weapons are having some problems?

problem found... it's easy.. Because.. some of weapons (most of them are snipers) have minimal fire distance... And when colonist want to finish target, he cant do that. LOL
I'm having the same problem but with all of my colonist. The ones that are hunting the ones that are not and evwn someone without a gun.

Owlchemist

Quick question: How do you utilize the romance and mending features in this mod? I saw a post a few versions back that romance was broken...has it been fixed yet? I couldn't find any info about mending, though.

Hugo

Quote from: Owlchemist on September 23, 2015, 05:58:40 AM
Quick question: How do you utilize the romance and mending features in this mod? I saw a post a few versions back that romance was broken...has it been fixed yet? I couldn't find any info about mending, though.
I don't know anything about the romance feature, but you need a memding table for memding weapons and armour and you need to give a colonist the job in the work menu

skyarkhangel

Quote from: sarevockk on September 22, 2015, 11:42:59 PM
id love to use your mod.. and i did.. but i dont know what i did wrong since the first play ended in ctd after 13 secs of play.... and the second ended in... red screen after saving the game 14 secs after start
here i leave you an error.log that i cant understand... (its like chinese to me)its from the second play

pls, output.log

Nope, mending not fixed yet.

sarevockk

here you go... both play output log...

[attachment deleted due to age]

skyarkhangel

Quote from: sarevockk on September 23, 2015, 11:40:09 AM
here you go... both play output log...

not enough RAM. you have only 1Gb physical memory, this should be enough for not a large number of mods.

Owlchemist

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 23, 2015, 07:18:14 AM

Ah, okay, thanks. Hoping to see its return. Being able to repair items seems like it would help with messy equipment management.

Speaking of messy, can anyone else confirm my pallet and skip storage problem I mentioned above? I only been playing Rimworld for a little over a week now, but item storage just seems soooo unwieldy without the ability to stack items in a proper storage area. The pallet and skips are vital to my base building D:

Hugo

Quote from: skyarkhangel on September 23, 2015, 07:18:14 AM
Quote from: sarevockk on September 22, 2015, 11:42:59 PM

pls, output.log

I was able to repair items like 4 days ago. And can you please help me with my problem, the problem is that all my colonist just stop moving at a moment i can fix it by saving and loading but if got to wait a very long time for that.

Rolf

So nobody knows a way to fix the missing ppl. ? ._.  trying the new 2.2B now (maybe that works)

Miky5000

Quote from: pestilenz on September 24, 2015, 06:24:26 PM
Quote from: Rolf on September 24, 2015, 04:05:29 PM
So nobody knows a way to fix the missing ppl. ? ._.  trying the new 2.2B now (maybe that works)
Maybe your game is paused? Miscellanios pauses the game in the beginning and when loading. If this is the case, your colonists didn't even fell from the sky?
Nope, my colonist don't even fall from the sky, just a bunch of materials.