[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Dadidad

Hi I have problem with loading saved game.
before this 7 steps http://puu.sh/iXETG/f2fa1ab69a.png
I did that:
Quote from: projecttemp on July 12, 2015, 01:09:53 PM
This is cause by mod changes in a save file, the save file can still be save.

1. Find where your save files are saved(go google it, is not hard ot find)
2. Open the save file in some useful text editor(like notepad++, notepad is plain bad)
3. Selected everything in between <aiKingManager> and </aiKingManager>
4. Now delete those that you selected using delete key
5. Now copy this line <allSquadBrains /> into where you deleted the stuff
6. Final code should look like this
<aiKingManager>
<allSquadBrains />
</aiKingManager>

7. Save the file and load it
but now I get this error http://puu.sh/iXE4z/ee2aa8aae2.png
I did fresh install of Rimworld before installing this modpack created new world and colony.
If anyone could help me that would be great.

StormySunrise

Is the Crash Landing mod supposed to crash land randomly generated pawns? I used prepare carefully but it isnt spawning with my Prepared pawns. (i really like crash landing because it allows other ships to crash, which is a cool random event)

kaptain_kavern

Have you tried to put EDBpreparecarefully after Crash Landing with EDBModOrder and create a new world? (in fact I always put it in last along with Auto Hunt Beacon in order for them to catch everything that's added by others mods)

But iirc original Crash Landing had some difficulty settings in order to preserve your first 3 colonists

Alexw1984

Quote from: Leucetius on July 13, 2015, 04:27:56 AM

Did you initially started your colony without the SeedsPlease update done by me (which removed the genome from the seeds) and then did the update? I guess the game tries to stack seeds with different genomes.

No - I'm pretty sure I started with 1.8c as standard. It happened mid game - I think it was a Deep Space Miner Trader that it first occured. - I've tried redownloading and reinstalling but get the same problem, I'm not sure what exactly what is missing, a file or just a reference in another file?

Saying that though - where is the seedsplease update?  The only one I've seen doesn't look compatible with the modpack - it's missing a load of defs

Leucetius

Okay 1.8c seems to be dated 08/07 - that's two days before I updated SeedsPlease. If you didn't replace the dll (you mention trying to update it, did you revert to the one included with the modpack?) that rules my suggestion out.

To the update itself: I think I have to be more clear with what I'm saying ^^ Not your fault but mine alone - I'm not a native speaker and not everything in my brain translates into read-between-lines-stuff...
First things first (and that's to everybody): trying to update mods included in modpacks on your own won't work in most cases. That's unless you're deep into the matter and know what you're doing. That isn't meant as insulting or something like that but simply as the truth. Both - skyarkhangel and Ninefinger do ALOT more than simply throwing mods together and reupload them. They modify most if not all of the included mods to be compatible with eachother or (for the likes of seedsplease which adds content) extend the functionality to other mods. For example: seedsPlease in it's original form only includes the vanilla plants. As you already found out simply replacing the version in this modpack with the standalone version won't work because then you're missing all the plants that are introduced by other mods - and that leads to the errormessages you got. That's also the reason why loadorder is so damn important.

Second: Please try to reproduce the situation that led to the error, go into it, and then upload the output-log.txt. This includes a errorstack which helps us to find the bug.

lunatikus

Quote from: Morlok on July 13, 2015, 09:58:36 AM
Quote from: lunatikus on July 13, 2015, 06:50:32 AM
100 gold for 1 vancidium craft with 1 gold taking from fissure? Are you kidding me?
???

P.S.: thanks a lot for awesome modpack!

I think the 100 gold pr vancidium is an error, in the Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering mod, the modifier for gold have been changed from x20 to x1, so it would only cost 5 gold to craft one vacadium ore.

If you go to your mods folder Mods\EPOE_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_VancidiumRefinery.xml
You can edit it to only use 20 gold, just edit the 5 to a 1 (remember gold and silver need x20 the amount, so it would have been 100 and then 20 gold).

<li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Gold</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>5</count>
      </li>

thanks!   :D

Uglyr

Don't know if I'm super lucky or a bug it is. I got single "drop pods" with seasnake with total amount around 3*75. Butchering 4 seasnake give around 32 seasnake filets, which is a normal meat for cooking. I don't convert everything but if I calculate I got around 3*75*32/4 =  1800 meat, which equals to around 22.5 human corpses.

I'm not sure how it all works but it seems strange that seasnake has market value - 1.78, and seasnake filet - 2.5

projecttemp

Quote from: lunatikus on July 13, 2015, 03:29:26 PM
Quote from: Morlok on July 13, 2015, 09:58:36 AM
Quote from: lunatikus on July 13, 2015, 06:50:32 AM
100 gold for 1 vancidium craft with 1 gold taking from fissure? Are you kidding me?
???

P.S.: thanks a lot for awesome modpack!

I think the 100 gold pr vancidium is an error, in the Expanded Prosthetics and Organ Engineering mod, the modifier for gold have been changed from x20 to x1, so it would only cost 5 gold to craft one vacadium ore.

If you go to your mods folder Mods\EPOE_SK\Defs\RecipeDefs\Recipe_VancidiumRefinery.xml
You can edit it to only use 20 gold, just edit the 5 to a 1 (remember gold and silver need x20 the amount, so it would have been 100 and then 20 gold).

<li>
        <filter>
          <thingDefs>
            <li>Gold</li>
          </thingDefs>
        </filter>
        <count>5</count>
      </li>

thanks!   :D

The correct way to fix the gold problem is to go to you mod folder/Core_SK/Defs/ThingDefs, open Items_Resources.xml, find the resource "Gold" and set <smallVolume>true</smallVolume> to <smallVolume>false</smallVolume>. This way anything that now cost gold will no longer cost 20 times the amount. All recipe are created with this value off to begin with, it is probably an oversight that this got resetted to default value of true.

projecttemp

Quote from: Dadidad on July 13, 2015, 10:53:57 AM
Hi I have problem with loading saved game.
before this 7 steps http://puu.sh/iXETG/f2fa1ab69a.png
I did that:
Quote from: projecttemp on July 12, 2015, 01:09:53 PM
This is cause by mod changes in a save file, the save file can still be save.

1. Find where your save files are saved(go google it, is not hard ot find)
2. Open the save file in some useful text editor(like notepad++, notepad is plain bad)
3. Selected everything in between <aiKingManager> and </aiKingManager>
4. Now delete those that you selected using delete key
5. Now copy this line <allSquadBrains /> into where you deleted the stuff
6. Final code should look like this
<aiKingManager>
<allSquadBrains />
</aiKingManager>

7. Save the file and load it
but now I get this error http://puu.sh/iXE4z/ee2aa8aae2.png
I did fresh install of Rimworld before installing this modpack created new world and colony.
If anyone could help me that would be great.

Looks like you disabled one fo the EDB mod or enabled anoher mod that caused it to not work check your mod list.

StormySunrise

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 13, 2015, 11:37:24 AM
Have you tried to put EDBpreparecarefully after Crash Landing with EDBModOrder and create a new world? (in fact I always put it in last along with Auto Hunt Beacon in order for them to catch everything that's added by others mods)

But iirc original Crash Landing had some difficulty settings in order to preserve your first 3 colonists

The problem might be the quantity of Prepared pawns i have, I have 4 (miner, two fighters and a researcher who knows how to shoot), also i realized how many steps it takes to get further into the game!)

villert

Hoping for an update soon with SeedsPlease fixed, kind of impossible to play the way it is right now.

skyarkhangel

Updated to 1.9a: Headhunters

Changes:
- Added Miscellaneous Animals
- Updated Hospitality to 11b.
- Reworked production chain with sand and rubble. Added a recipe for a make sand.
- Added a wire .. (wiring). 1.8 A new component of the production chain.
- Fixed cost for buildings in Vegetable garden mod .. (oven, etc).
- New unique industrial chain for manufacturing long range weapons.
- Concrete fences will no longer create the roof.
- Added the ability to make a wall from reinforced concrete. Gets really strong but expensive :)
- Fixed rates of beauty at metal parts.
- Added icons for all new categories.
- Fixed "Shooting range". in 1.8c colonists refuse to train, wo "training bullets."
- Fixed a market value of microchips.
- Removed volume x20 for gold.
- Fix the option display for plants with SeedPlease, and without it.
- New release Seedplease.
- Redesigned Darkness mod. At night, no longer so dark and you can see everything.
- Updated MD-mods to 11b
- Added updated MD-droids.
- Returned crazy animals from Alpha 10.
- Temporarily removed FishIndustry.
And other changes..

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: skyarkhangel on July 14, 2015, 11:15:33 AM
Updated to 1.9a: Headhunters
Yeah Hardcore baby!  I'mma try it now

blinari

Conveyor belts are here!

I modified A2B to be compatible with this modpack. To research the A2B techs, first research mining (drilling rig/extractor).

Each segment, loader and unloader costs 2 steel parts, 1 mechanism, and 1 rubber. Splitters and mergers take an additional mechanism. Selectors require an electronic chip and piece of glass. If you're building underground you'll need reinforced concrete. Overall the raw materials cost is about the same as vanilla A2B, but you have to make parts!

To install just copy the mod to your Mods folder and load it after everything else. This is compatible with both 1.8c and 1.9a. It is save game compatible.

Download link (github)

Note: You can place an ore extractor so it drops its goodies onto a loader, but the loader must be built before the extractor.

projecttemp

I actually fixed fishing industry already, let ke know if you want it in the pack