[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

mokonasakura

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 16, 2015, 08:58:10 AM
Research projects labeled "security" will progressively grant you access to Turret under the "security" tab. Manned one's first and automated.
Yes but to build them it requires the items such as M2 heavy machine gun, turret stun gun, ect, instead of stuff like steel bars. I have found no way to get these items and as such cannot build the turrets.

kaptain_kavern

In my game, i can construct turret base early. They are basically a turret point in where you have to add a weapon (normal weapon, like the one used by your pawn, even bows ^^) to make them a manned turret

blinari

Currently two stacks of metal ore smelt into three stacks of metal bars. This is inconvenient and doesn't make much sense. Realistically melting removes material from the ore, and bars are easier to store compactly than heaps of ore. So I'd suggest raising the stack limit of metal bars to 150. I did this and it made my production cycles much more manageable.

djjmatexxe

Is it only me, or the disassemble weapon bill is missing?
And why can't I install any ranged weapon on the sentry turret base? I have a lots of weapons and I could only install one on each turret, rest were greyed out.

EDIT1: Also, I can't use clay at all. I can make clay bricks just fine, yet even with all research done, the option to use them in walls (and whatever) doesn't appear.
EDIT2: Found the disassemble weapon bill at the weapons workbench.

projecttemp

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2015, 10:43:33 AM
1.9a:
The fusebox still get destroyed on a short-circuit. This don't happen at the regular mod.
Then i don't need to do that research when the cheaper makeshift fuse do the same job.
And the fusebox should withstand 3000W, i build 3 fusebox and 6 batteries. All 3 fusebox got destroyed after a short circuit.

i think the makeshift fuse are to expensive for something that get destroyed: I think the Elec. chips and synth material should be removed.

And the fusebox got a strange description:
This is cause by incorrectly installed mod that have translatable string, the easy fix for now is just to copy everything except the def and assemblies folders from the original fusebox mod into the fusebox_sk and override everything.

As it stand right now, the research descriptions are completely wrong, the amount they can withstand in the definition is 2000/800 respectively for fusebox/makeshift fuse.

I am not sure why they are getting destroy, but i think it might be because the when they block a surge, the dll damage the building using the damage type "Bomb" and the 2.5X multiplier cause it to be completely destroy instead of only 90% of it's hp. (Too lazy to check the source :P)

victim.TakeDamage(new DamageInfo(DamageDefOf.Bomb, Rand.Range(0, (int)Math.Floor(0.1f * victim.MaxHitPoints)), null, null, null));

Confirm damage type to be Bomb, the 2.5X multiplier will kill the fuse.

kaptain_kavern

Yeah looking at the XMLs (diff between SK and Original) the only thing that jump at my eyes (besides tje obvious change in costlist) was the damage tag.

Now that you explain it's with the .dll i understand why i haven't understood before ^^

Can the problem came from the Injector.xml config?

Red Perversion

Hey guys, how do I place hoppers for the nutrient paste dispenser to work? No matter how I place it, it gives me "Need food hopper" error. Quite urgent, please assist.

Also, I wish you could change the materials of the items without having them so I can actually see what is required to build a WOODEN version of butcher table and not the VANCIDIUM one that seems to be there by default.

projecttemp

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 17, 2015, 01:43:51 PM
Yeah looking at the XMLs (diff between SK and Original) the only thing that jump at my eyes (besides tje obvious change in costlist) was the damage tag.

Now that you explain it's with the .dll i understand why i haven't understood before ^^

Can the problem came from the Injector.xml config?
The injector building is a dummy building, it is not accessible by any mean in regular gameplay and even if you can access it, it doesn't use hp, so it can't be kill and even if you kill it, it will just respawn when u load a save. However it is a critical building needed for mod to function, so don't delete it.

Quote from: Red Perversion on July 17, 2015, 02:33:06 PM
Hey guys, how do I place hoppers for the nutrient paste dispenser to work? No matter how I place it, it gives me "Need food hopper" error. Quite urgent, please assist.

Also, I wish you could change the materials of the items without having them so I can actually see what is required to build a WOODEN version of butcher table and not the VANCIDIUM one that seems to be there by default.
The hopper is a standalone build that needs to be built next to the dispenser like the steam generator and it's hopper.

The cost in wood parts is the same as the cost in vandicium parts.

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: projecttemp on July 17, 2015, 02:51:38 PM
The injector building is a dummy building, it is not accessible by any mean in regular gameplay and even if you can access it, it doesn't use hp, so it can't be kill and even if you kill it, it will just respawn when u load a save. However it is a critical building needed for mod to function, so don't delete it.

Yeah i got that. What  i try to mean is : by reading comments in it, it looks like the variable should be changed or something like that

projecttemp

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on July 17, 2015, 02:58:39 PM
Quote from: projecttemp on July 17, 2015, 02:51:38 PM

Yeah i got that. What  i try to mean is : by reading comments in it, it looks like the variable should be changed or something like that
Oh, those comments :P. Those comments are there cuz the fusebox author copy pasta the injector from another mod. They also provides guidelines for people who wants to use the same method to inject into the game's source. Nothing important there.

djjmatexxe

Hey,
Is there any way to heal that Frail torso with this modpack? Would be awesome.

Red Perversion

Quote from: Canute on July 17, 2015, 03:41:00 PM
Quote from: Red Perversion on July 17, 2015, 02:33:06 PM
You managed it to build the nutrient paste dispense, but the food hooper is at the MISC section not at the production like the dispenser.
You need just to build 1 or 2 next to the dispenser.

QuoteAlso, I wish you could change the materials of the items without having them so I can actually see what is required to build a WOODEN version of butcher table and not the VANCIDIUM one that seems to be there by default.
This is quiet easy to see what you need.
Just replace the Vancidium part of the recipt with Wooden, the other non-vancidium don't change.
Thanks for the answers but I HAVE placed the hoppers. It's just despite being surrounded by hoppers and meat on top of them, the nutrient paste dispenser still cries for a food hopper...it is different than vanilla, so maybe it's bugged?

lude

Hmmm, after trying three times it seems on my end the Stuff system is broken for some reason, possible buildings default to random building materials needed and don't have a drop down menu to pick what stuff they're supposed to be made of

djjmatexxe

Two observations:
1) Events freeze the game for a while. The more pawns spawn the longer it takes (Norbal high value raid takes like 2 minutes); I didn't have this issue in 1.8.
2) If a hunter downs an animal instead of killing it, the hunter doesnt finish the job (killing the downed animal) and just stays "Standing." not doing anything (can even starve to death). Draft-undraft doesn't help the issue, only if I shoot down the downed animal manually. I had this issue in 1.8, but not in vanilla.

blinari

Quote from: djjmatexxe on July 18, 2015, 06:54:20 PM
2) If a hunter downs an animal instead of killing it, the hunter doesnt finish the job (killing the downed animal) and just stays "Standing." not doing anything (can even starve to death). Draft-undraft doesn't help the issue, only if I shoot down the downed animal manually. I had this issue in 1.8, but not in vanilla.

This hasn't happened to me in 1.8 or 1.9. Are you running any other mods?