[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Ember

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2015, 03:12:22 AM
Didn't played on ice sheet yet.
Are there no animal you can hunt ? You should focus on these and not to try to farm until you can keep it warm and bright (sunlamp).
Since it is allways cold, you can made a good stock of meat.

Ok when you don't even have animals there, you are doomed to be a cannibal and eat all visitors ! :-)

yea been living mostly off of of being a canibal, im set up at the coast so i should be able to fish but im not sure what to do to unlock the pier, i do get wargs every now and then though

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: Ember on July 31, 2015, 11:16:36 PM
anyways, this modpack is damned near impossible when playing on an ice sheet, takes soo long to get to even be able to make a light so i can start growing things, i miss that wood torch already

Clever use of EDBpreparecarefully can be of a great help in that case. (start with lot more wood if needed,start with some spare parts or synthetic material, take off those expensive apparels and cloth them with cloth or else parka, etc)

TheGentlmen

I've been playing ice sheat too... Avg -20 in summer & -70 in winter... Disabled points in Pepare carfully. Got 2k Wood, got 5 people all bionics & 200 meals & 4k meat. Also gave them all parkas & torques.

If my maths correct I have 600 meals... A.k.a 120 days... their bout to die from starvation... I NEED the synthetic Material but since I've put down the communications console (its been ~4 months) I've not seen ANY trader.

Ember

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 01, 2015, 12:32:04 PM
I've been playing ice sheat too... Avg -20 in summer & -70 in winter... Disabled points in Pepare carfully. Got 2k Wood, got 5 people all bionics & 200 meals & 4k meat. Also gave them all parkas & torques.

If my maths correct I have 600 meals... A.k.a 120 days... their bout to die from starvation... I NEED the synthetic Material but since I've put down the communications console (its been ~4 months) I've not seen ANY trader.

ive only had traders in the summer though that might just be my story teller
i chose an easier spot, highest ive seen the temp go is something like 10C though it averages around freezing
lowest ive seen is -60C got a cold snap once that brought it down to -90C at night
i played with points enabled, started with 50 food, about 1k wood and minimal skills... so wish i upped the skills in some spots, also wish i could figure out how to start fishing

i was an idiot early on and used all my potato seeds to try and farm, didn't realize they actually died after 4 or so days whether or not they fully grow, so no seeds for a year until I got more from cargo pods, well second set of cargo pods, first set got me something like 100 tobacco seeds

i also got excited around year 2 when i got traders, bought something like 60 synthetic threads, and only realized after they got killed by bandits that i needed other materials. hope I don't have to wait another year... do i get synthetics from those robots?

Uglyr

Hmm... Is it a bug in 1.10b? In 1.9 I had nice ice colony (with Cassandra basebuilder without using prepare carefully) and traders flew pretty often. As for visiting traders I'm not sure if it was once or not at all.

Ember

think i found a bug, tried to buy bio-matter from some of the ground based traders, they took my silver but i got nothing from them

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Uglyr on August 01, 2015, 02:02:29 PM

Hmm... Is it a bug in 1.10b? In 1.9 I had nice ice colony (with Cassandra basebuilder without using prepare carefully) and traders flew pretty often. As for visiting traders I'm not sure if it was once or not at all.

Nah.. probably randy random being evil...

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2015, 02:37:25 PM
Research mining (300) to get Mining drill.
Research Oil refining.
Place a drilling rig to create a fissure (change to large so you can mine all kind of ore).
Place a Mine extractor over the fissure and let it extrace crude oil.
Refine Crude oil at the Chemical lab to get all kind of petrochem resources.
With these resources you can made Synth material at the Assembly workbench.

Gonna test that out!

kaptain_kavern

Guys Read the ***** Manual lol

The first research project says :
Some tips:
1. Be careful, for the first time, you can not rely on automatic turrets.
2. To build some buildings need concrete, it can be obtained in a concrete mixer.
3. For further development, you will need to explore the possibility to build the mine, through which will be able to extract oil and other useful resources.
4. For the drilling rig, you will need to craft the drillhead, which can be done on the bench.
5. Crude oil can be processed in a chemical laboratory, getting out of it a lot of useful ingredients.
Be careful when choosing research. At first, explore the technologies that are paramount.

;)

TheGentlmen

http://postimg.org/image/9wdnhfs31/5e17775b/

We got a exotic goods trader... we now have Elder Scones & RimColony plus a Tv & other games.

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 01, 2015, 03:07:57 PM
Guys Read the ***** Manual lol

The first research project says :
Some tips:
1. Be careful, for the first time, you can not rely on automatic turrets.
2. To build some buildings need concrete, it can be obtained in a concrete mixer.
3. For further development, you will need to explore the possibility to build the mine, through which will be able to extract oil and other useful resources.
4. For the drilling rig, you will need to craft the drillhead, which can be done on the bench.
5. Crude oil can be processed in a chemical laboratory, getting out of it a lot of useful ingredients.
Be careful when choosing research. At first, explore the technologies that are paramount.

;)

1- I don't need turrets.. the cold plus zombies is enough defence...
2- And? I already did that...
3- I don't think I can just get 'Synthetic Mateial' from a mine... Somthing in its name... like say... 'Synthetic'... says it isn't a natural resource which comes out of the ground...
4- I need 'the bench'... whats a 'the bench'... (I do know what he is referring to but it would be useful if he stated what bench that is so I wouldn't spend 10 minutes in god mode figuring out what it is...)
5- Processed into what? Not exactly useful knowledge
:D

Ember

Foooood! moar fooood!

lol usualy i hate these things but now im looking forward to their invasions!

Uglyr

Quote from: Ember on August 01, 2015, 03:47:41 PM
Foooood! moar fooood!
That's one of the best things that can happen on ice map - non-human meat with delivery to the door. And very easy to "harvest" - just small barbed wire "balcony" around one of the doors and hunter with any machine gun (or non-machine but it will take too long).

Ember

Quote from: Uglyr on August 01, 2015, 03:57:00 PM
Quote from: Ember on August 01, 2015, 03:47:41 PM
Foooood! moar fooood!
That's one of the best things that can happen on ice map - non-human meat with delivery to the door. And very easy to "harvest" - just small barbed wire "balcony" around one of the doors and hunter with any machine gun (or non-machine but it will take too long).

im not that set up to be able to have defenses like that so i use all my colonists, though only 3 do most of the killing, one with a greasegun smg one with a survival rifle and one with a sniper.
the rifle pair killed wargs in 3 hits without failin this fight, rifle hits first, by the time he can fire again sniper also fires and the warg is dead

final raw food count, not including those used in the few days it took to butcher it all almost 1200

kaptain_kavern

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 01, 2015, 03:20:42 PM
3- I don't think I can just get 'Synthetic Material' from a mine... Something in its name... like say... 'Synthetic'... says it isn't a natural resource which comes out of the ground...
And nonetheless it is the way it's done in the modpack like Canute just said to you earlier
4- I need 'the bench'... whats a 'the bench'... (I do know what he is referring to but it would be useful if he stated what bench that is so I wouldn't spend 10 minutes in god mode figuring out what it is...)
Even without Godmod it doesn't take 10min to find where it's build (Just from guessing ... "Machinning bench" to build mechanic tools?)
Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 01, 2015, 03:20:42 PM5- Processed into what? Not exactly useful knowledge
Proceed in the synthetic parts you asked about man. I don't know ... Something in its name... like say... 'Chemical'... says it isn't a natural resource ... maybe synthetic?
The useful info i was trying to point to was "Be careful when choosing research. At first, explore the technologies that are paramount."

Seriously please keep in mind that Skyarkhangel isn't natural english speaker, he spend certainly more than "10 minutes in god mode" for putting all of this together.

When i talked about reading the manual it was more something throw at the assembly than me trying to get an argument with you man

TheGentlmen

Quote from: Canute on August 01, 2015, 02:37:25 PM
Research mining (300) to get Mining drill.
Research Oil refining.
Place a drilling rig to create a fissure (change to large so you can mine all kind of ore).
Place a Mine extractor over the fissure and let it extrace crude oil.
Refine Crude oil at the Chemical lab to get all kind of petrochem resources.
With these resources you can made Synth material at the Assembly workbench.

http://cmiplanners.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/approved.jpeg

It works...

Quote from: kaptain_kavern on August 01, 2015, 04:34:20 PM
3- I don't think I can just get 'Synthetic Material' from a mine... Something in its name... like say... 'Synthetic'... says it isn't a natural resource which comes out of the ground...
And nonetheless it is the way it's done in the modpack like Canute just said to you earlier

Yes. What I was trying to point out is that its not necessarily clear how to get Synthetic Material & most people wouldn't without experimenting conclude that You can get Synthetic Material from a mine.

Even without Godmod it doesn't take 10min to find where it's build (Just from guessing ... "Machinning bench" to build mechanic tools?)

I thought a Drill would be an electric tool.

So i checked in the electronics table... nope. Assembly table? nope. Mabey its too advanced for an Assembly table... mabey we need an electric Assembly table? nope.  Mabey its like a Tv... or art... mabey in the Smithing table, cuase it has its own table? Nope.  Mabey they make it out of raw metal in the furnace? Like they make walls out of metal bars... no cement, no nothing... so it isn't that far fetched! Nope.

Then I looked thru every bench... It did not appear to me that it could be in the Machining table... a thought the only thing you do in the table is disassemble mechs.

Quote from: TheGentlmen on August 01, 2015, 03:20:42 PM5- Processed into what? Not exactly useful knowledge
Proceed in the synthetic parts you asked about man. I don't know ... Something in its name... like say... 'Chemical'... says it isn't a natural resource ... maybe synthetic?

:-[

The oil processing research does not apear untell you do the mining reasearch... Minning reaserch isn't exactly paramount in a mountain base. If I want metal I'll just mine a tunnel.

The useful info i was trying to point to was "Be careful when choosing research. At first, explore the technologies that are paramount."

Minning reaserch isn't exactly paramount in a mountain base. If I want metal I'll just mine a tunnel. The point I was tring to make is that its not exacly clear on what to do. It says do X, but it doesn't state how or with what to do X with.

Seriously please keep in mind that Skyarkhangel isn't natural english speaker, he spend certainly more than "10 minutes in god mode" for putting all of this together.

:-[ Sorry, I wasn't tring to insult him or anything, I was stating it wasn't that clear on what to do.

When i talked about reading the manual it was more something throw at the assembly than me trying to get an argument with you man

I wasn't tring to start an argument but I probably was a little harsh.

Ember

anyway to remove synthetic parts from a corpse or do they have to be alive?