Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• December 08, 2019, 07:39:15 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 456

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1807854 times)

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A11d] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK Global modpack 1.10b: Phenomenal (29/07/15)
« Reply #510 on: August 01, 2015, 03:12:22 AM »

Didn't played on ice sheet yet.
Are there no animal you can hunt ? You should focus on these and not to try to farm until you can keep it warm and bright (sunlamp).
Since it is allways cold, you can made a good stock of meat.

Ok when you don't even have animals there, you are doomed to be a cannibal and eat all visitors ! :-)

Ember

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: August 01, 2015, 03:15:13 AM »

Didn't played on ice sheet yet.
Are there no animal you can hunt ? You should focus on these and not to try to farm until you can keep it warm and bright (sunlamp).
Since it is allways cold, you can made a good stock of meat.

Ok when you don't even have animals there, you are doomed to be a cannibal and eat all visitors ! :-)

yea been living mostly off of of being a canibal, im set up at the coast so i should be able to fish but im not sure what to do to unlock the pier, i do get wargs every now and then though

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: August 01, 2015, 06:09:27 AM »

Conduit walls need Metallic bar, but Power conduit need wire's.
Shouldn't Conduit walls need wire's too ?

kaptain_kavern

• Planetologist
  • started 10 mods in one tick.
    • View Profile
    • RimWorldMod Slack - A place for live chatting about RimWorld modding
« Reply #513 on: August 01, 2015, 09:30:31 AM »

anyways, this modpack is damned near impossible when playing on an ice sheet, takes soo long to get to even be able to make a light so i can start growing things, i miss that wood torch already

Clever use of EDBpreparecarefully can be of a great help in that case. (start with lot more wood if needed,start with some spare parts or synthetic material, take off those expensive apparels and cloth them with cloth or else parka, etc)

TheGentlmen

« Reply #514 on: August 01, 2015, 12:32:04 PM »

I've been playing ice sheat too... Avg -20 in summer & -70 in winter... Disabled points in Pepare carfully. Got 2k Wood, got 5 people all bionics & 200 meals & 4k meat. Also gave them all parkas & torques.

If my maths correct I have 600 meals... A.k.a 120 days... their bout to die from starvation... I NEED the synthetic Material but since I've put down the communications console (its been ~4 months) I've not seen ANY trader.

Ember

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: August 01, 2015, 02:01:55 PM »

I've been playing ice sheat too... Avg -20 in summer & -70 in winter... Disabled points in Pepare carfully. Got 2k Wood, got 5 people all bionics & 200 meals & 4k meat. Also gave them all parkas & torques.

If my maths correct I have 600 meals... A.k.a 120 days... their bout to die from starvation... I NEED the synthetic Material but since I've put down the communications console (its been ~4 months) I've not seen ANY trader.

ive only had traders in the summer though that might just be my story teller
i chose an easier spot, highest ive seen the temp go is something like 10C though it averages around freezing
lowest ive seen is -60C got a cold snap once that brought it down to -90C at night
i played with points enabled, started with 50 food, about 1k wood and minimal skills... so wish i upped the skills in some spots, also wish i could figure out how to start fishing

i was an idiot early on and used all my potato seeds to try and farm, didn't realize they actually died after 4 or so days whether or not they fully grow, so no seeds for a year until I got more from cargo pods, well second set of cargo pods, first set got me something like 100 tobacco seeds

i also got excited around year 2 when i got traders, bought something like 60 synthetic threads, and only realized after they got killed by bandits that i needed other materials. hope I don't have to wait another year... do i get synthetics from those robots?

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: August 01, 2015, 02:02:29 PM »

Hmm... Is it a bug in 1.10b? In 1.9 I had nice ice colony (with Cassandra basebuilder without using prepare carefully) and traders flew pretty often. As for visiting traders I'm not sure if it was once or not at all.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:05:29 PM by Uglyr »

Ember

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: August 01, 2015, 02:18:15 PM »

think i found a bug, tried to buy bio-matter from some of the ground based traders, they took my silver but i got nothing from them

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: August 01, 2015, 02:37:25 PM »

also wish i could figure out how to start fishing
Bad news for you, even when the Fishindustry mod is active, i don't see any fishing pier or these indoor fishing tank, when i activate God mode and see all possible structures to build.

bought something like 60 synthetic threads, and only realized after they got killed by bandits that i needed other materials. hope I don't have to wait another year... do i get synthetics from those robots?
Research mining (300) to get Mining drill.
Research Oil refining.
Place a drilling rig to create a fissure (change to large so you can mine all kind of ore).
Place a Mine extractor over the fissure and let it extrace crude oil.
Refine Crude oil at the Chemical lab to get all kind of petrochem resources.
With these resources you can made Synth material at the Assembly workbench.

Made a m

TheGentlmen

« Reply #519 on: August 01, 2015, 02:40:46 PM »

Hmm... Is it a bug in 1.10b? In 1.9 I had nice ice colony (with Cassandra basebuilder without using prepare carefully) and traders flew pretty often. As for visiting traders I'm not sure if it was once or not at all.

Nah.. probably randy random being evil...

Research mining (300) to get Mining drill.
Research Oil refining.
Place a drilling rig to create a fissure (change to large so you can mine all kind of ore).
Place a Mine extractor over the fissure and let it extrace crude oil.
Refine Crude oil at the Chemical lab to get all kind of petrochem resources.
With these resources you can made Synth material at the Assembly workbench.

Gonna test that out!

kaptain_kavern

• Planetologist
  • started 10 mods in one tick.
    • View Profile
    • RimWorldMod Slack - A place for live chatting about RimWorld modding
« Reply #520 on: August 01, 2015, 03:07:57 PM »

Guys Read the ***** Manual lol

The first research project says :
Code: [Select]
Some tips:
1. Be careful, for the first time, you can not rely on automatic turrets.
2. To build some buildings need concrete, it can be obtained in a concrete mixer.
3. For further development, you will need to explore the possibility to build the mine, through which will be able to extract oil and other useful resources.
4. For the drilling rig, you will need to craft the drillhead, which can be done on the bench.
5. Crude oil can be processed in a chemical laboratory, getting out of it a lot of useful ingredients.
Be careful when choosing research. At first, explore the technologies that are paramount.

;)

TheGentlmen

« Reply #521 on: August 01, 2015, 03:20:42 PM »

http://postimg.org/image/9wdnhfs31/5e17775b/

We got a exotic goods trader... we now have Elder Scones & RimColony plus a Tv & other games.

Guys Read the ***** Manual lol

The first research project says :
Code: [Select]
Some tips:
1. Be careful, for the first time, you can not rely on automatic turrets.
2. To build some buildings need concrete, it can be obtained in a concrete mixer.
3. For further development, you will need to explore the possibility to build the mine, through which will be able to extract oil and other useful resources.
4. For the drilling rig, you will need to craft the drillhead, which can be done on the bench.
5. Crude oil can be processed in a chemical laboratory, getting out of it a lot of useful ingredients.
Be careful when choosing research. At first, explore the technologies that are paramount.

;)

1- I don't need turrets.. the cold plus zombies is enough defence...
2- And? I already did that...
3- I don't think I can just get 'Synthetic Mateial' from a mine... Somthing in its name... like say... 'Synthetic'... says it isn't a natural resource which comes out of the ground...
4- I need 'the bench'... whats a 'the bench'... (I do know what he is referring to but it would be useful if he stated what bench that is so I wouldn't spend 10 minutes in god mode figuring out what it is...)
5- Processed into what? Not exactly useful knowledge
:D

Ember

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: August 01, 2015, 03:47:41 PM »

Foooood! moar fooood!

lol usualy i hate these things but now im looking forward to their invasions!

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: August 01, 2015, 03:57:00 PM »

Foooood! moar fooood!
That's one of the best things that can happen on ice map - non-human meat with delivery to the door. And very easy to "harvest" - just small barbed wire "balcony" around one of the doors and hunter with any machine gun (or non-machine but it will take too long).

Ember

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: August 01, 2015, 04:04:51 PM »

Foooood! moar fooood!
That's one of the best things that can happen on ice map - non-human meat with delivery to the door. And very easy to "harvest" - just small barbed wire "balcony" around one of the doors and hunter with any machine gun (or non-machine but it will take too long).

im not that set up to be able to have defenses like that so i use all my colonists, though only 3 do most of the killing, one with a greasegun smg one with a survival rifle and one with a sniper.
the rifle pair killed wargs in 3 hits without failin this fight, rifle hits first, by the time he can fire again sniper also fires and the warg is dead

final raw food count, not including those used in the few days it took to butcher it all almost 1200
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 04:07:07 PM by Ember »
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 456