Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• October 21, 2019, 01:36:36 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 456

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1782704 times)

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
Re: [A11d] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK Global modpack 1.11d: Red Alert (11/08/15)
« Reply #720 on: August 18, 2015, 06:35:08 PM »

Any tips on floors? I want to build best (fastest) floor, but don't know what floor is best and what I need to reserach.
Where can I find floors movement speed modifier? I browsed their definitions but found nothing.

Also problem with research. I found ancient struture with stone slabs 144% - the best I'm aware of. But I have no recipe for that. Found FloorStoneSlabsLimestone def. I see there <ResearchPrerequisite>Stonecutting</ResearchPrerequisite>. "Stonecutting" is "Construction I" as I see in defs. But I already researched "Construction I" and still no recipe for that.

Trials and errors have shown that carpets are the best floor. They are the most beautiful and offer 144% as well. Also they are the cheapest, as you can buy cloth at textile/bulk resources trader for around 1$ a piece. Both concrete and steel bars are needed for numerous recipes, especially early game, so using them for floors would be such a waste.

I still need help with where to build the MANNED turrets, please!

They are in security tab with M letter. The research path for them is Security: path. Probably they are as early as in battle platforms.

I agree that all research is very obscure and should get upgrade in both in-game view and description.

BTW, skyarkh, SAR-Device recipes are using steel/plasteel ores instead bars. Is it intended? Could you upgrade the recipes to use bars?

(Oh, and upgrade force net to use bars too)

Do you know where can I craft scyther frame?

Cheers, zenfur
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #721 on: August 18, 2015, 07:07:38 PM »

Trials and errors have shown that carpets are the best floor. They are the most beautiful and offer 144% as well. Also they are the cheapest, as you can buy cloth at textile/bulk resources trader for around 1$ a piece. Both concrete and steel bars are needed for numerous recipes, especially early game, so using them for floors would be such a waste.
I agree about concrete, but I had to wait long before textile trader came (is it bad RND or luck having 2 combat suppliers at a time?). And I need cloth to make best beds - it's more important than floor. At the same time I had lots of stones and chunks (which need to be transported away or turned into blocks which also need space) so I'd prefer to build with them.

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #722 on: August 18, 2015, 09:29:27 PM »

Hey, I really enjoy playing this modpack, I think it makes it a lot harder and I'm having a lot of fun playing over and over trying to succeed.

One thing I've noticed is there's no playthroughs of it on YouTube except for Russian ones, so I started one since when I first came across the mod I had no clue what it was and was skeptical. So it would probably be useful to have screenshots or a video of some sort in the original post to show what it is like Ultimate Overhaul has. I'd love to offer mine, let me know if you want to see it.

Otherwise, great work on the modpack. Really enjoying playing it. Ran into some bugs with growing in 11b but all fixed now.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:32:26 PM by losinator501 »

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: August 18, 2015, 09:43:23 PM »

They are in security tab with M letter. The research path for them is Security: path. Probably they are as early as in battle platforms.

I agree that all research is very obscure and should get upgrade in both in-game view and description.

BTW, skyarkh, SAR-Device recipes are using steel/plasteel ores instead bars. Is it intended? Could you upgrade the recipes to use bars?

(Oh, and upgrade force net to use bars too)

Do you know where can I craft scyther frame?

Cheers, zenfur

I have ideas in near future to rework Apparello with introduction 4-5 new factions. So all recipes for armors would be reworked.

Hey, I really enjoy playing this modpack, I think it makes it a lot harder and I'm having a lot of fun playing over and over trying to succeed.

One thing I've noticed is there's no playthroughs of it on YouTube except for Russian ones, so I started one since when I first came across the mod I had no clue what it was and was skeptical. So it would probably be useful to have screenshots or a video of some sort in the original post to show what it is like Ultimate Overhaul has. I'd love to offer mine, let me know if you want to see it.

Otherwise, great work on the modpack. Really enjoying playing it. Ran into some bugs with growing in 11b but all fixed now.

Thank you. I will add information about you. Yep, in Russian community project have already 3 youtube let's players and streamers and their number is growing... It's time to start with the English-speaking and not only. You can wait for the next version, it such soon. Thank you :)

I can post changelog for 1.12, but in Russian (what is already done). Can you help me to translate into english? Because the translation is time-consuming that i would have to spend for work. There are about 60 lines.

with 1.12 Hardcore SK reached a new level and have own .dll libraries and a little team. Now it's positioning itself as a global project. Kindergarten ended  ;)
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:34:10 PM by skyarkhangel »

skyarkhangel

• Colonist
  • Skynet machine
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: August 18, 2015, 10:38:50 PM »

New version Autoseller with bunch of red bugs too. Even worse than the previous one.

is the modpack using the latest Autosell (1.0.2.3b hotfixed)

if you're getting a 1.0.1.1 version error, most likely you need to update the Miscellaneous compatibility patch to the latest compatibility patch

also can you show me what error messages are showing up

Edit: Added Misc compatibility patch to attachments

Big thanks, Supes!  ;)
I wrote before about error in your topic that errors related with autoseller.config file. Trying to test with bugfixes.

Thank you Nanako. Reworked soylent green for next version.

Also i want to ask, what the heck is with auto turrets?

As far as i can tell, the only autoturrets you can have are a base with a normal gun mounted on top. Like, a personnell weapon. This seems really dumb

I've tried them out, and the interface is buggy as hell. When i right click the base, i'm given a list of guns to choose from, but only one of them is not greyed out, and thats the only one i can pick.  it took me a lot of fiddling and luck to mount a sniper rifle on one of them
wtf is going on?

What about all the other big turrets, like the Mg12, and the 50 cal antimateriel rifle? How can i make them automated, all i can seem to do is place them as mannable guns.

Since 1.4 version, there no automatic turrets.. except miscellanious. And each version I  also have the desire to remove them. This project firstly aproach goal to make Rimworld more realistic, sometimes with not popular methods and its not fits for all players. Here is much harder to play. That is why we are losing in popularity to Overhaul, but have own group of (a smart; those who wants to succeed) people. Other people download alternative modpack + glitter tech with golden trees, one click kill all enemies on full map and plasmagenerator with 100500+W and then remove Rimworld from PC. lol  :D ADDED A POLL for this question.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 11:21:23 PM by skyarkhangel »

ChiefSlapahoe

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
Re: [A11d] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 1.11d: Red Alert (11/08/15)
« Reply #725 on: August 18, 2015, 11:06:35 PM »

I say keep some automatic turrets, but make them more of an expensive supporting kind of thing. Where they will help your colonists win fights that happen later on against a lot of enemies, but won't win them alone and will drain your resources if you don't protect them. Perhaps allowing people to enable/disable them in the mod manager would work as well and make everyone happy.

Mod to look into: AstroTecLabs: off-world mining.
I'm not sure if it would be balanced, but looks interesting and could help expand the usage of more metals in the production cycles (too many steel parts needed), by making them more accessible. I have not tried it personally, but just wanted to bring it to your attention.

popster99

• Colonist
  • modded to hell and back
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: August 19, 2015, 12:56:32 AM »

I say keep some automatic turrets, but make them more of an expensive supporting kind of thing. Where they will help your colonists win fights that happen later on against a lot of enemies, but won't win them alone and will drain your resources if you don't protect them. Perhaps allowing people to enable/disable them in the mod manager would work as well and make everyone happy.

I'm not sure if it would be balanced, but looks interesting and could help expand the usage of more metals in the production cycles (too many steel parts needed), by making them more accessible. I have not tried it personally, but just wanted to bring it to your attention.
I have to agree i've barely gotten to the crude oil part of my playthrough eg the mining drill getting crudeoil thats all i've done
and the main bottle neck is have about 4 of my 8 dedicated crafters just making steel and steel parts and they others are often idle waiting for the 4 to finish

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #727 on: August 19, 2015, 01:34:52 AM »

Thank you. I will add information about you. Yep, in Russian community project have already 3 youtube let's players and streamers and their number is growing... It's time to start with the English-speaking and not only. You can wait for the next version, it such soon. Thank you :)
When do you think it will be ready?

I maybe can delete my first video and just wait for the new version.

EDIT: Never mind I deleted anyways as I want to fix some audio issue. Looking forward to new version!
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 02:20:24 AM by losinator501 »

TheGentlmen

« Reply #728 on: August 19, 2015, 02:27:02 AM »

NO MORE AUTO TURRETs... I think the current ones should have thier prices doubled or somthing & that you shouldn't add more turrents

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: August 19, 2015, 04:05:36 AM »

This mod only would made sence if we didn't got allready the mining drills.

Nanako

• Muffalo
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: August 19, 2015, 08:22:08 AM »

Re turrets: I'm a base builder, i like turrets. I want autoturrets, and i don't care what i have to do.

If you really don't like them, then how about moving them to lategame, and making them a part of a larger computer system. maybe in order to make autoturrets work, you need a central AI computer to control them, and cameras for them to see things, etc. Also give them limited ammo! i don't mind having to make or buy ammo for them

In the original game it was too easy to build them. But once you add a bit of difficulty, people won't bother unless they really want them,

Regarding the miscellaneous turrets that you stick normal guns onto.I don't care whether you like them or not, but you have to fix them. Not fixing a buggy feature because you don't like it is silly.

The poll on the first post seems heavily biased, it's clear what the author wants. But it's also dumb. In a world with bionic limbs, combat robots, mechanoid hives, AI control cores, automated doors, etc. It's really stupid to call automated turrets "unrealistic". They are very realistic, they fit the gameworld perfectly, not having them would be a glaring omission.

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: August 19, 2015, 08:55:09 AM »

In my opinion auto turrets are important and cool part of this game. I wouldn't remove them.

What we can do is to reduce reliability of them and give tools for raiders to deal with them better. For example, add some weapons which are precise medium range EMP launchers and make EMP work on turrets (if it already does not). It's stunning power may be pretty weak on mechanoids, but considerable for turrets. Or maybe make any EMP damage flick turrets off power and require to flick them on manually.

We can also add a (quite rare) event that (specific) turret's AI is malfunctioning and it shoots at everything what moves until it's resetted. Smart colonists would provide flicking switch in safe place. Also make this event disabled when player has built tactical computer.

Also allowing raiders to be able to cause short circuits while melee attacking any powered device (maybe apart from doors) which would deplete all your batteries and cause traditional zzztt... battery discharge explosion event would help with reducing reliance on electricity.  (unless you have sufficient fuses, then just discharge). Or possibly "damage your grid" and cause mini solar flare type of event.

If you want more economic balance, maybe remove automatic turrets whatsoever, but introduce craftable (probably with AI-core or advanced electronic chips) targeting AI module which can be installed on any turret to make it automatic. If that doesn't work, maybe some kind of drone which can man turrets. It would be great to have something like that, together with ammo dispensers (hoppers) for heavier, artillery weapons.

Also add that raiders often use the chance of solar flare to attack your base when it's without power and your electric defenses are down.

Such as drones are great addition for the game, so is automating turrets and I wouldn't remove this great part out of the game.

Also I agree with Nanako.

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: August 19, 2015, 10:26:05 AM »

I can post changelog for 1.12, but in Russian (what is already done). Can you help me to translate into english? Because the translation is time-consuming that i would have to spend for work. There are about 60 lines.
I can if I have free time. But I can't promise about it. Also my english is far from ideal.

TheGentlmen

« Reply #733 on: August 19, 2015, 12:34:56 PM »

I can help too.

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: August 19, 2015, 02:23:01 PM »

I very appreciate you did great job sorting all mods' stuff into well fitted tabs. I have one request though, could you create separate category for bows?

Pages: 1 ... 47 48 [49] 50 51 ... 456