Ludeon Forums

Ludeon Forums

• August 22, 2019, 12:42:14 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 456

Author Topic: [1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise  (Read 1747608 times)

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
Re: [A11d] [MODPACK] Hardcore SK global project 1.11d: Red Alert (11/08/15)
« Reply #750 on: August 20, 2015, 12:55:03 AM »

Man, I am having legit troubles surviving even on basebuilder. I just run out of food because they refuse to cook jerky on the grill, they only want to hunt. Any ideas?

you probably turned warehouse into a room for prisoners  :D there is such a trick!
No i have them separate

The cooks can either butcher or make jerky but they always choose to butcher so then I have a lot of raw meat so people get sick or mad

Is hunting then grilling the only option for food early game?

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 20, 2015, 02:38:35 AM »

Man, I am having legit troubles surviving even on basebuilder. I just run out of food because they refuse to cook jerky on the grill, they only want to hunt. Any ideas?
Do you played version 11c ? At some version you needed dishes even for jerky!
At the latest version you can made jerky just out of meat.

The13thRonin

• Colonist
  • Handsome Rogue
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 20, 2015, 02:53:07 AM »

This is legitimately the greatest mod-pack ever...

I have super high hopes for the future of this mod-pack.

skyarkhangel #1 Russian modder! :)

I highly approve of the new names of the red medical flower, green medical flower and yellow medical flower!

PS - 6 hours until D-day for the new release here in Australia...

Hope you're working under that timeline... I wanna get home from a long day at work tomorrow and smash out some RimWorld :).
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 04:25:57 AM by The13thRonin »

Canute

• Transcendent
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 20, 2015, 04:47:02 AM »

Yes "wild rose, mint and hypericum." to sound to much like the decoration plants. ... Medical flower sounds dumb but it is much more clear then special name.

Uglyr

• Drifter
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 20, 2015, 05:05:06 AM »

As you adding a wide use of coal and charcoal can you please also add a simple cheap coal heater? To be able to heat on ice biomes before you get electricity.
Something like that:
http://aquagroup.ru/articles/otoplenie-doma-uglem.html

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 20, 2015, 07:57:06 AM »

The cooks can either butcher or make jerky but they always choose to butcher so then I have a lot of raw meat so people get sick or mad

I survived even on desert (haven't tried north pole yet), but I have failed few times before I succeed on that.

Tips: Camp fire (made out of kindling, in temperature tab) is great for early cooking. You can make there simple meals without the need of tableware, or cook fish/bake potatoe. All of these options are great.

As a source of food fishing is superb, as from hunting I couldn't survive very long as animals were running out on the desert too quickly. I was helping myself with shimmershrooms (they are great to eat as raw) - mine few blocks of any mountain and you should get some too. Make sure to disable it as an ingredient for cooking (shimmershroom), as it's better to eat as raw (and lasts fresh longer).

So there are few tricks to make cook prioritize cooking over butchering:
1) you can set range to get ingredients for recipe in bills - lower that to narrow area and set dumpling zone for animal corpses only nearby butchering table. This will make sure your cook won't go on the adventure to get some random corpses which happen to be all around the map, but wait for hunter to kill and carry them here
2) if you have too many corpses and he keeps butchering, you can always suspend the task for a while to make the cook focus on cooking
3) the ultimate solution is to have 2 people cooking: 1 butchering and 1 cooking :)
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #756 on: August 20, 2015, 10:09:13 AM »

Wow the range one sounds like it will work great, that makes a ton of sense so he doesn't go across the map to butcher when everyone is starving. Thanks!

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 20, 2015, 11:09:35 AM »

I am experiencing a weird bug now. My main bionic crafter (he has Bionic Pal, Adv hand, 2 Adv legs and Adv Spine) is invisible.

Also game became even more buggy and crashes often.

By the way, what do you guys think about increasing seeds' stacking to 400 per pile?

@edit: I was thinking, there are merely 2 plasma weapons and 1 laser weapon, unless I forgot about something. Anyways, I'd suggest to merge Plasma w. component and Laser w. component into Energy w. c. (possibly also Advanced Energy w. c.) and use this instead.
Also stun gun/stun beacon/stun grenade are pretty underwhelming for their overwhelming price.

@edit2: Yet another minor bug report: Cup of tea has stacks of 75 while it's meal. Also Industrial cooler (smaller one) has electronics in its recipe 2 times.

@lastedit: Also I can't find a way to install advanced prothetic arms/legs. Other body parts work fine, these two seem to be unappliable. It requires more investigation.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 02:29:04 PM by zenfur »

isistoy

• Super Tester
  • Colonist
  • DeeDleeDoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 20, 2015, 01:44:58 PM »

I survived even on desert (haven't tried north pole yet), but I have failed few times before I succeed on that.

Tips: Camp fire (made out of kindling, in temperature tab) is great for early cooking. You can make there simple meals without the need of tableware, or cook fish/bake potatoe. All of these options are great.

As a source of food fishing is superb, as from hunting I couldn't survive very long as animals were running out on the desert too quickly. I was helping myself with shimmershrooms (they are great to eat as raw) - mine few blocks of any mountain and you should get some too. Make sure to disable it as an ingredient for cooking (shimmershroom), as it's better to eat as raw (and lasts fresh longer).

So there are few tricks to make cook prioritize cooking over butchering:
1) you can set range to get ingredients for recipe in bills - lower that to narrow area and set dumpling zone for animal corpses only nearby butchering table. This will make sure your cook won't go on the adventure to get some random corpses which happen to be all around the map, but wait for hunter to kill and carry them here
2) if you have too many corpses and he keeps butchering, you can always suspend the task for a while to make the cook focus on cooking
3) the ultimate solution is to have 2 people cooking: 1 butchering and 1 cooking :)
Makes a lot of sense, yes.
A good split in mechanics does make a big difference for producing enough resource to survive. I love it!
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

zenfur

• Colonist
  • Shark-chan
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 20, 2015, 04:00:17 PM »

Another minor bug report: Genetics aspect of plants' growing speed is not working. They can have either 70% or 170% still they grow up at the same time.

Even if you don't comment most of my reports, I hope that you read them and take notes, skyarkh :)

@edit: there is also funny bug with coffee: when you zoom out it minimises
« Last Edit: August 20, 2015, 05:27:00 PM by zenfur »

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #760 on: August 20, 2015, 11:39:58 PM »

Started my series today! I finally started to get the hang of it, its a lot easier when you have lots of colonists from the crash landing.

Link here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqMXksOj3tb7Wc9wNhZqTj3L4uGqU8pRa

Let me know what you think

notfood

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 20, 2015, 11:55:11 PM »

Started my series today! I finally started to get the hang of it, its a lot easier when you have lots of colonists from the crash landing.

Link here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqMXksOj3tb7Wc9wNhZqTj3L4uGqU8pRa

I'd have waited a few more hours to start. Updated pack is coming very soon.

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #762 on: August 21, 2015, 12:16:53 AM »

I'd have waited a few more hours to start. Updated pack is coming very soon.
Problem is I only have tomorrow to record. Do you think it will be out then?

Edit: if the modpack is updated every week or two there's no way I can stay on the latest version always if I want to finish a series.
I will try to load save with new version but if that doesn't work I will stick with this version.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2015, 12:27:01 AM by losinator501 »

notfood

• Invited Modder
  • Colonist
  • Refugee
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 21, 2015, 12:38:40 AM »

Watch out for those areas above 10x10, roof tiles without support in an area of 6 blocks will collapse. I noticed you designated a large area that would most likely colapse before you found the cave.

So far doing alright. You are easy to understand.

losinator501

• Drifter
  • RimWorld YouTuber
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube channel
« Reply #764 on: August 21, 2015, 12:52:37 AM »

Watch out for those areas above 10x10, roof tiles without support in an area of 6 blocks will collapse. I noticed you designated a large area that would most likely colapse before you found the cave.

So far doing alright. You are easy to understand.
Haha yeah I always collapse things on people without remembering :(

Anyways just wanted to post that for skyarkhangel as a suggestion for video for the front page. I don't want to derail the thread (go off-topic) :P
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 456