[1.0] [PROJECT] Hardcore SK project v7: Sunrise

Started by skyarkhangel, May 10, 2015, 11:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

How you relate for the full removing automatic turrets?

Positive. It's realistic. Fight with killboxes continues.
Negative. Make a button to kill all enemies in one click.

isistoy

Sky did quite a massive job deciphering other people's mods incompatibilities, possibly helping them pointing out impacting A12 changes, when possible and also adding new stuff that makes sense in SK but it really is a tough one, also in regards to other people's work due respect, or availability or personal plans for their own projects and finding/dealing with changes!

I dream about the perfect world where all modders could interact and share stuff freely in between each other, but it's maybe in another time/space/dimension :)

In another perfect world, maybe we would all be mastering Github perfectly, be constrained to share our work there with no other considerations but doing so systematically and be forking each other's work like a crazy modding team of maybe 50/100 individuals, ahaa.

Anyway... SC has not been communicating its plans for update so far, so it is impossible to make any call for now, but I get the feeling there will be a follow-up (I don't why I am saying this :D).
<Stay on the scene like a State machine>

sociallyawkwardsurvivor

yeah, skyhark is incredible.  SK mod is handsdown the only way to play. Although, I didnt like the way he nerfed my favorite outfit this time around, the duster. ;-)   If you know what you are doing, the textures for the duster can be placed in the core sk directory (core sk > textures > things > apparel) and make the path change in Apparel_Various file (core sk > defs > ThingDefs).

Nanako

Can anyone answer my two questions;

1. How do i take sand off the ground in a desert biome (for making chips with)
2. How does the new lovemaking mechanic work? I set people to do it as top priority job and nothing happened.

Also sky, are we going to be seeing a patch for the issues that have cropped up? (missing textures, Night Owl not working etc).

Bugs really...bug me

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Nanako on August 28, 2015, 03:45:12 PM
Can anyone answer my two questions;

1. How do i take sand off the ground in a desert biome (for making chips with)
2. How does the new lovemaking mechanic work? I set people to do it as top priority job and nothing happened.

Also sky, are we going to be seeing a patch for the issues that have cropped up? (missing textures, Night Owl not working etc).

Bugs really...bug me

it's a bug with Mechanical Defence and CCL = In progress for fix.

zenfur

Did you change lots of icons for weapons? Or you didn't yet update them for yours? These black ones (shotgun, pistol, sniper rifle...) are ugly and don't fit the style. Old ones were great!
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Dan

Could you please consider removing insects from the mod? Aggressive flies and mosquitos do not make any sense with Rimworld's combat mechanics. Colonists should just run away, but they can't because they are being damaged (1 damage). This will also prevent them from fighting back. After they take 30 times 1 damage, treating will take forever and they will get infected. Shooting a mosquito with an assault rifle makes no sense either. And afterwards your colonists will freak out because each dead mosquito adds -150 beauty and there may easily be five of those. So I will need to bury mosquitos...

Also, in A12 biodiversity somewhat breaks the taming system (tame animals are still aggressive)

notfood

Quote from: Dan on August 29, 2015, 07:04:03 AM
Could you please consider removing insects from the mod? Aggressive flies and mosquitos do not make any sense with Rimworld's combat mechanics. Colonists should just run away, but they can't because they are being damaged (1 damage). This will also prevent them from fighting back. After they take 30 times 1 damage, treating will take forever and they will get infected. Shooting a mosquito with an assault rifle makes no sense either. And afterwards your colonists will freak out because each dead mosquito adds -150 beauty and there may easily be five of those. So I will need to bury mosquitos...

Just punch them, they die in one hit. They also provide meat, easiest meat source ever.

skyarkhangel

Quote from: notfood on August 29, 2015, 02:24:15 PM
Quote from: Dan on August 29, 2015, 07:04:03 AM

Just punch them, they die in one hit. They also provide meat, easiest meat source ever.

bug with mosquito soon be fixed.. I am waiting for CCL 12.1 update.
It will also be other changes and innovations, for example... for industry - Oil Refinery, which auto-refine crude oil into selected resources  ::)

You can fix it himself, it just easy:
Mods\Enviro_SK\Defs\ThingDefs
File: Insect_Enviro.xml

Search: Mosquito

Change  in <race>
<manhunterOnDamageChance>1</manhunterOnDamageChance>
to
<manhunterOnDamageChance>0</manhunterOnDamageChance>

guardianru

Some questions

1. How|where to manufacture mechanisms?
2. just for now weddings-love-romance mod doesn't do anything for now - just popups its notification... annoying-) and btw its up to 0.8 ver.
3. friendly factions com in little numbers 1-4 persons and enemy factions come in more 10 person groups. where i could fix it, so to make some friendly fire activity more intresting.
4. what about adding:
- Animal Hide Working v2.08
- Better Tribals V2.00
- M&Co. MMS
- EdB Interface
- Skullywags Weapons, Tools and Trinkets
- Enhanced Development
- AstroTec Labs: Interstellar Trading [v1.2 - Aug 2015]
and very valuable  -
Pawn State Icons and More Factions Spawn  (don't know how it will affect map, because there are shown faction placements... eh no ability to roam them in counter-attack yet)

5. ps... for mending - there no skill up and choose carefully has no ability to up it (no option with it there). Same as for tree cutters- they are always 3 lvl.

6. В версии а11 СССР-перевод когда где-то отсутствовал - заменялся на английский и было нормалек, а сейчас в этих местах  туча символов вопросов, что даже не понять что-как. Это где-то руками можно поправить?
и это звиздец как долго надо фигачиться, чтобы собрать нормально ресурсов bсоздать хоть что-то живое и не помереть раньше-)  с одной стороны стремишься вгрызться глубже в гору, чтобы меньше было сторон для защиты, с другой откровенная проблема с электричеством, особенно после ввода стекла и механизмов - с его строительством и обеспечением. деревья быстро исчезают,а  уж сколько надо разных вариаций полей... места даже на самой большой карте тупо не хватает на все-))
спасибо тебе за объединение множества модов в одну грозную кучку)

zenfur

If you changed mines to require 20 space in between them, would be nice if you added the same requirement for fissure makers between themselves and mines.

How can we get clay without clay collector?

@edit: I noticed fissure generators also have the space requirement, but what I meant is intertwined relation mine-fissure. Probably you would have done this already if you knew how.
Little posts, quality posts.

Notice me, senpaaiiiiiii!!!!

Alex.QTK

Quote from: guardianru on August 30, 2015, 12:12:15 AM

Assembling workbench, third option from the top, simple mechanism. :D

guardianru

Quote from: Alex.QTK on August 30, 2015, 05:42:45 AM
Quote from: guardianru on August 30, 2015, 12:12:15 AM

Assembling workbench, third option from the top, simple mechanism. :D

Oh... what a shame-)))) Thanks!

2sky
в переводе неточность: бабан ->> банан )

Nanako

How do i take sand off the ground in a desert biome? can it be done?

skyarkhangel

Quote from: Nanako on August 30, 2015, 11:49:48 AM
How do i take sand off the ground in a desert biome? can it be done?

Soon fixed, needed update CCL for 12.1.

guardianru

+1 more
aluminium ore smelting has no coal or wood coal requirenments.

++bugs from second artefact activation. la-la-la signal gone somewhere and raiders catched it...

so funny pity raiders... they will come to saying hello terminators-)))

but...they don't fight! bug?

[attachment deleted due to age]